Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1842
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    How the fuck do people Auraxium so many weapons?

I got my HV Auraxium back in May and have been mainly playing HA since then to Auraxium my Orion. I only need 500 kills, but I'm still a fair way away...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I think it took me over a thousand hours to get my first auraxium but since then I've learnt a couple of things about that old purple ribbon:

* The way [RPS] plays is not conducive to quick auraxiums because we don't play for kills we play for territory and also we ask people to change classes to suit the situation.

* Sticking with a single weapon is definitely the way to get auraxium. It's not so much about getting the extra time with it so much as training your muscle memory. If you pick a weapon and only use it for a month you'll be pretty good with it and you'll rack up loads of kills. If you keep switching then unless you're already highly accustomed to the weapon you won't have the twitch reflexes needed to win the 1v1 situations. You can still win when you get the drop on them but that's not all the time.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Yeah, staying on the same weapon is important. Also, if you fall in love with your newest Jackha-- gun, it's very easy. I got Jackhammer auraxiumed in 2 weeks. My other auraxiums are Blitz and GD-7F, which are both able to be used by multiple classes - use it wherever possible. I'm close to auraxiuming the PDW now, and HA aside all my classes use it.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    How the fuck do people Auraxium so many weapons?

I got my HV Auraxium back in May and have been mainly playing HA since then to Auraxium my Orion. I only need 500 kills, but I'm still a fair way away...
    I'll let you into the secret cooper....we have no life. (8 Auraxium)
    What is this coffee that you speak of...
    The War Princess. Z2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    I'll let you into the secret cooper....we have no life. (8 Auraxium)
    Pfft 26 auraxiums and 2 are less than 200 kills to go. And that's from my main alone.

Cooper, just ask guidance from LaKroy, he's your best auraxiumer in the outfit with no less than 20.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 21-07-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Pfft 26 auraxiums and 2 are less than 200 kills to go. And that's from my main alone.

Cooper, just ask guidance from LaKroy, he's your best auraxiumer in the outfit with no less than 20.
    time available to play is a severe constraining factor on somebodies ability to rack up auraxium medals.

Yourself = 69 days 21 hours.
    Lakroy = 103 days 22 hours.
    Me = 53 days 22 hours.

Cooper = 29 days 2 hours.
    The War Princess. Z2.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Are those steam stats?

Because at least for myself steam stats are horribly misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    Are those steam stats?

No, I took them from the player pages on Planetside2.com.
    The War Princess. Z2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    Are those steam stats?

I doubt it. You can get it from the official website when looking at your soldiers profile. For me it shows about 17 days and I also haven't got a single Auraxium. Although the Lasher, Orion and Thanatos are coming close. I guess the Lasher will be my first Auraxium if it continues this way. But even the Lasher lacks a few hundred kills...
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    time available to play is a severe constraining factor on somebodies ability to rack up auraxium medals.

Yourself = 69 days 21 hours.
    Lakroy = 103 days 22 hours.
    Me = 53 days 22 hours.

Cooper = 29 days 2 hours.
    There is a merit to that, but it's not the only factor. Otherwise the disparity between our auraxium rates wouldn't be so huge either.

There is a merit to that, but it's not the only factor. Otherwise the disparity between our auraxium rates wouldn't be so huge either.
    There are other factors (player set goals, user accuracy, play styles etc) just as relevant, but time directly influences all the others.
    The War Princess. Z2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    What about if the learning curve was, you know, a curve? In fact there was a chart showing how score per minute changed with respect to battle rank. That data was available here but it seems the google doc is no longer available. If I recall the chart showed that score per minute was essentially a polynomial function of battlerank (e.g. SPM = x * Battle rank ^ y, where y is greater than one and x is positive).
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Seems like once you reach a certain amount of time played you may start hitting the required number of kills on multiple weapons. Consider that someone like Cooper probably uses a similar variety of weapons as someone like LaKroy. Unless Cooper auraxiumed each weapon before unlocking and using the next one it seems unlikely that a fraction of LaKroy's playtime would result in the same fraction of LaKroy's auraxiums.

Basically, all the weapons you use will be progressing towards auraxium medals at the same time. If you got kills with your five favourite weapons at the same rate then there would reach a point where you suddenly go from 0 to 5 auraxiums.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    A big factor is whether you play consciously aiming for an auraxium medal. Which bank does, and I started doing about half a year ago (and have achieved 3 auraxiums in that time despite reducing my playing hours significantly).
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Network Hub
    Yup. I'm gaining little or no progress on any particular weapon because I change classes often and I change loadouts often. However, back in March I played exclusively Orion HA and finished my Auraxium (I had ~400 kills left) in about a week with no difficulty. If you stick to one weapon and then maximise your kills per minute with that weapon (no vehicles, no long gaps, no support - find a mid-size fight and go to town. It's easiest when solo imo) you can rack up medals pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    Yup. I'm gaining little or no progress on any particular weapon because I change classes often and I change loadouts often. However, back in March I played exclusively Orion HA and finished my Auraxium (I had ~400 kills left) in about a week with no difficulty. If you stick to one weapon and then maximise your kills per minute with that weapon (no vehicles, no long gaps, no support - find a mid-size fight and go to town. It's easiest when solo imo) you can rack up medals pretty quickly.
    Yeah, I'm a filthy multiclasser, and despite punching in about 400 hours in PS2, I've got no auraxiums. Don't think I've even got a gold, at that.

I have two. Sirius and Lasher. I should also have the Solstice SF one, but that's bugged and stopped counting kills for me.

I mained the Sirius on everything when I got it, so that happened fast. And I've mained the Lasher for a while in squad play. It's surprisingly mediocre at direct combat if you have someone with you.

Collection of info on auraxium weapons, no looks though: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aring&sle=true

In the higby pls stream we found that there will be an auraxium variant of the decimator called the kraken. I however have dubbed "The lava lamp launcher," unfortunately nothing else about it was revealed other than that it exists. All I know is that I want it.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

For future reference: First shot recoil multiplier is not the same as first shot recoil value, it is only part of equation that is needed to identify First Shot Recoil VALUE. You multiply your recoil value with FSRM to get FSRV.