Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1805
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    The Spiker and the Mag-Scatter pistols have arrived. What do you folks think about them? Had a chance to try them out?

I tried the Spiker in combat on PTS and it was a mindbogglingly frustrating experience. An acquired taste perhaps.

the spiker is much better than it was on test. The charge time is low enough that you can get the drop on people in close range and kill before they can react, but if you don't charge it's pretty useless. It's a fun weapon to use and the model and reload animation look great, it's just not very effective unless you're using a stalker cloak. With stalker cloak it's brilliant, as you can decloak behind them and get a quick 1-hit kill and there's nothing they can do about it, by the time they've turned round you've already got the charge and they're dead. As a standard sidearm though, it's terrible.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"I’m just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally. And I think about it. I think about my family and I’m like, wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something." Kanye West

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I wish all VS weapons had that reload animation.

The spiker very much feels like the weapons demonstrated from 1:00-1:30 in this video. Especially the reload animation on the really weird cyan one:

Had enough of the sorry state the Spiker is in and decided to contribute with an idea:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._it_by_making/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Sounds interesting. Pretty good discussion going on there, actually. It could be interesting to have that type of reverse charge mechanic that some people mention. Imagine it charging up whenever it's in your hand, filling say, one charge every two seconds, and when you press the trigger (press, mind, not release) it fires off all the charges you have in quick succession, while also allowing you to spam-fire it at a somewhat slower rate. You could even have a Lancer-like beam effect at topped up charge, I don't know.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Okay, I'm ~200 kills from Auraxium-ing my Orion. That will be my second Auraxium after the HV-45.

I'd like to return to mainly playing medic and completing that directives line. Any suggestions as to what AR to move onto next. Corvus? NS-11A? Something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I really like the NS-11A, personally. Very nice feel to it!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Okay, I'm ~200 kills from Auraxium-ing my Orion. That will be my second Auraxium after the HV-45.

I'd like to return to mainly playing medic and completing that directives line. Any suggestions as to what AR to move onto next. Corvus? NS-11A? Something else?
    Carnage AR.

Oh sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Reaper DRM....oh, wait....

Maybe give the baron a try, otherwise the NS-11A is not a bad option.
    Steam: Dominicus

NS-11A. Accurate rifle, effective out to mid range. You'll be amazed what a difference 5 extra rounds makes I recommend it.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Network Hub
    Corvus all the way! But that may just be my lack of insight into the other weapons.

The Corvus headshots at full auto. I find that in closer fights I'm healing people anyway.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Corvus all the way! But that may just be my lack of insight into the other weapons.

The Corvus headshots at full auto. I find that in closer fights I'm healing people anyway.
    The Corvus is an excellent long range weapon, but the RPS is an issue in CQC.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Terminus does a good approximation of the H-V45 if you want more of the same effectiveness. A shotgun would be another reasonable option.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Corvus is also great when going for headshots. For the Medic it's my go-to weapon when I don't know which ranges I will be fighting at.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I've had the Corvus as my long-range choice for medic for some time. I run the 3.4x scope on it, but don't get much luck. Should I just be running 2x.

For the NS-11A; what attachments?

For shitties; I've been using the auto shotgun as my go-to shotgun for some time, but don't get much luck with that either. What else should I try?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    I do enjoy the baron, I was surprised to add it to my medic loadout so frequently.

Network Hub
    For the NS-11A; what attachments?
    I run it with compensator, forward grip and NV, recoil is baby tier that way.

Corvus is my only AR auraxium. Love the handling and recoil. I use iron-sights or 1x optics on it, plus high velocity ammo and laser sight (hipfire needs improvement, recoil is minimal anyway).

Network Hub
    I use forward grip and stabilizer for my Corvus. Fuck hip fire. I believe 2x scope.

I'd argue that close mid range is where it shines, where you wouldn't normally use scopes. That's when you full auto headshots with no misses.
    How are you having trouble with it?
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.