Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1830
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I use forward grip and stabilizer for my Corvus. Fuck hip fire. I believe 2x scope.

I'd argue that close mid range is where it shines, where you wouldn't normally use scopes. That's when you full auto headshots with no misses.
    How are you having trouble with it?
    At that range you should be able to headshot with pretty much anything. Using the corvus is just giving yourself a handicap - especially as moving really hurts the accuracy on it.

ANyway yeah, I'd say that a 3.4x scope takes the Corvus beyond it's useful range. At the kind of range where that scope is good, you just don't land enough hits, which coupled with the Corvus's pitiful damage (worst primary in the game I think?) means people just move to cover rather than letting you kill them. If you don't find it a gun you can depend on (I certainly don't) then I don't think you are ever going to. If you're a H-V45 lover and want something new, then the Terminus is probably your best bet. Also, I never quite get the "no recoil" thing with the Corvus. Vertical is pretty trivial and controllable I'll grant, but it frequently bounches with each shot from missing my target on one side horizontally, to missing on the other. Frustrating as.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Forward grip on the Corvus stops the bouncing. Don't know if you include that in your frustrations, but I certainly don't have a problem with horizontal stability.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Never even noticed the "bounce" on the Corvus. It's easily the smoothest gun in the game. One drawback is that moving accuracy is somewhat worse, this might be what you're experiencing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nope, definitley recoil bounce. Always run the forward grip. Shakes around more than pretty much all the other Vanu guns I've used. (Other guns pull harder, but move in much smaller and more manageable steps. And some move much, much less, like the H-V45 or VX6-7). I'm generally able to hit things at range much more consistenly with the Equinox or pre-nerf H-V45 than the Corvus.
    I'm aware that some others seem to have a different experience. My point was really that if Cooper hasn't found the Corvus right for him, then he isn't likeley to, just like some people never got on with the H-V45.

Edit:
    Which isn't to say that it doesn't have its uses:

But I'd hate to main the damn thing.
    Last edited by CMaster; 13-08-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you need a replacement for the HV-45 then I can recommend the NS-11P with Compensator, HV ammo, and forward grip, it's quite a headshotty weapon, looking through my killfeed it appears that that is my main method of killing with it. I also use it with a NS/HV sight so you got up to medium range accuracy.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

I have just started playing Planetside 2 a bit more than before and been gone for long...so when it comes to Vanu & NC, what weapons should I stay clear off? Is the Lasher any good yet? What rifle should I use on NC Heavy Assault? Any recommendations for medium range weapons for engineers and medics on both factions? All the choices and confusion sets in.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

The Lasher is great for suppressing choke points, but not so good in a straight up 1v1. Stay clear of the Spiker, our new pistol.
    For Vanu your default engie/medic weapons are great medium range weapons. Once you get used to the default, start trialing close or long range alternatives and see what works for you.

Good longer range weapons are the Pulsar C for engie and the Corvus for medic.
    When you are fighting in close quarters use the Thanatos shotgun. It's good, it's free and you can use it on any class (except infiltrator).

I rarely play NC, but I hear the Gauss SAW is pretty neat.
    Steam: Bynn

Has anyone else problems with C4 recently?
    Placed one yesterday about 1/2m away from an enemy max and it didn't even show hit markers... (1/2m when detonating of course)

I felt C4 making low AI damage for a while now, but yesterday I actually saw it doing so.
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

I've gotten kills with it but haven't seen any hit markers, I dropped one near a prowler the other day, no hit marker but I got an assist.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

ah well thats good to know
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah hitmarkers seems to be gone from C4, it still kills though, but that might have been luck on my part.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

It's rather disconcerting as you never know whether or not it detonated unless you have line of sight on it, I'll lay a trap and not know if it damaged anybody. It's the same on the test server and I really hope it's a bug.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sooo Coyotes.

Got my first A2A kill with them last night.

Gotta say I don't find them anything like as easy to use as the average SkyKnight rant makes them sound. Mostly I seem to dump a magazine very quickly, hit nothing, then wait as long as the firing time for a reload.

I've only really succeeded in getting much in the way of hits with them when I'm either on my target's tail, or in a head to head. If the target (even a Galaxy) is just flying past/around, then my shots seem to just go streaming past. Is there a trick to them?

The main downfall of the coyotes is the awful projectile speed, If your target is over 100 metres away and/or flying quickly you're probably going to miss, unless the pilots just sitting there being an idiot. It's usually best to stick to your nose gun until you can close the distance to around 50 metres and are engaged in a dogfight, if not than you're probably going to miss and if its a lib or gal you'll barely make a dent in their armour anyway. ESF's will either outrun them or just move out of the way. Coyotes are a nice compliment to the hailstorm but that's all they are, something to use while your nosegun is reloading and most certainly not to be relied upon as your only defence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Get closer and or lead your target a bit. They do take some skill to use but not as much as a nose gun which is why the sky Knights hate them so. I love them. Makes a PPA scythe pretty versatile.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Gotta say I don't find them anything like as easy to use as the average SkyKnight rant makes them sound. Mostly I seem to dump a magazine very quickly, hit nothing, then wait as long as the firing time for a reload.
    Aye, much the same way for me, though I've likely just not had enough practice with them. I have always had better luck with my nosegun, it seems.

Network Hub
    Okay, so, Coyotes.

The number one, easiest and most assured way to get an air kill in Planetside is to sneak up to point-blank range on a target that isn't paying attention, then unload a rotary gun into them. You also want to be behind the target, so that all your bullets hit reliably, and so it's easier to chase if they turn. The whole process of sneakily getting on their tail takes time, during which you are likely to get caught by another ESF, so there's maybe a bit of skill involved.

Coyotes shorten this process considerably, as you don't need to be behind the target. Simply fly right up to them to within ten to twenty metres or so, and even if they're flying straight across your field of vision and would be impossible to hit with a nose gun, every Coyote you fire will hit. This reduces the risk dramatically, and lets you be more reckless in engaging fast or rapidly manoeuvring targets.

The SkyKnights (Is this term a thing now?) really hate Coyotes, because from their point of view it reduces the challenge of catching opponents, and also reduces some artificial skill ceilings like the reverse manoeuvre, as its use no longer guarantees you will dodge a less skilled opponent's fire. Picture the scene of a proud SkyKnight focused entirely on their latest epic one-on-one duel, when another ESF they had no idea existed burns right up to them an fires a bunch of unavoidable missiles, and you kind of get the idea why they're whining. On the other hand, you could argue that if your situational awareness and teamwork is so bad that an ESF gets within spitting distance of you without anyone around to help, you probably need to rethink your strategy.

Coyotes really aren't that good outside of their niche role as ultra close range weapons, so they're not really overpowered apart from annoying one vocal minority of the playerbase. They don't reliably kill infantry in one salvo any more, and they so do little damage to Liberators or Galaxies that it's mostly not worth the risk of getting close enough to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    [...] On the other hand, you could argue that if your situational awareness and teamwork is so bad that an ESF gets within spitting distance of you without anyone around to help, you probably need to rethink your strategy.

Coyotes really aren't that good outside of their niche role as ultra close range weapons, so they're not really overpowered apart from annoying one vocal minority of the playerbase. [...]
    The issue is that it's pretty easy to catch an ESF unawares and just roll up and shoot essentially unavaoidable (at that range) missiles at them. If you're also decent with the main gun then they're screwed, likely before any wingman has a chance to react (you didn't shoot the lead ESF, of course).

So yes, if people have trained for days in-game with ESFs and they're getting wasted by BR1 players who can aim even vaguely accurately then I imagine they are getting annoyed. Plus they magically hit you when fired whilst passing at speed by making some instant full turn and are immune to flares (were either of these things fixed?).

Even I get annoyed with them (and I am in no way a good pilot) because to me they're pretty much bullshit weapons, almost as annoying as Tomcats prior to SOE deciding it might just be a good idea to give air/ground lock indicators and show missiles on the minimap.

On the other hand, it was getting insanely difficult for newer players due to the air's especially high skill ceiling and unforgiving nature of the vehicle cooldown timers. I do think Coyotes make the playing field a little too level though.

Network Hub
    show missiles on the minimap
    Wait, WHAT? I didn't know this

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmaz View Post
    Wait, WHAT? I didn't know this
    Yeah, missiles show up as little red dots now. It makes it easier to hide behind something when you know where they're coming from. I think only missiles that are specifically after you are visible on the minimap, though I'm not sure.

But back to Coyotes, I never really get killed by them at all despite flying all the time, maybe its just a difference in playstyle. I'm really cautious and always have one eye on the horizon, so I don't get surprised often, but also means I get so few kills that I only just got BR60

Flying with friends helps a lot, as even few pairs of eyeballs can watch a lot of sky at once, and advance warning makes staying out of ambushes really easy. Situational awareness is OP.