Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1820
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I am wondering why there is no NS bundle to get all the NS weapons. I really start to like them, sadly overlooked them in the past. But they are actually really good weapons. Would make a great starter bundle.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

There was a full NS bundle avaliable in-game for a few days a few months ago.
    You have multiple NS bundles active right now. There are some bundles on steam and have mostly NS weapons: Advanced soldier and First recruit bundle. The NS11-P was free with a code (not sure if it still works), and the NS PDW is 2€ on the planeside website.
    Sadly, no Baron or Vandal bundles yet.
    Steam: Bynn

Yeah, the problem I have with those bundles are (as you mentioned) they lack certain weapons and also contain boosts and camos which people might not want. I would find it a lot more interesting if they would just bundle weapons and add some SC on top of it. For me that would look like a way better deal than a one day boost and a camo someone might not want.
    Especially since new players run into the danger of using those boosts early when you should best wait for a double-xp weekend to spend in a biolab.
    -remove spaces-

The steam bundles are really good deals, you save about £41 with the elite soldier one. (that's if you play all 3 factions, if you only play one you save about £19) You save about £6 on the advanced soldier bundle and about £7 on the first recruit bundle. Those numbers don't include the boosts or camos either. In fact it's cheaper to buy any of the bundles just for one gun. If you're considering buying the NS-PDW though get the fresh meat starter pack from the website, it only costs 199 SC and comes with a boost and camo.
    But there really does need to be a NS bundle because you can't get the baron, MKV or vandal in any bundles.
    Last edited by gary; 01-09-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Network Hub
    I just got my first rage tell for using tomcats. By a person who uses coyoted and lolpods, not even an honourable skyknight

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Congrats!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    If you're considering buying the NS-PDW though get the fresh meat starter pack from the website, it only costs 199 SC and comes with a boost and camo.
    Pulled out for emphasis.

The NS-PDW is an excellent gun. Covers all factions. Other SMGs are better at very close range, but the PDW is a lovely all rounder. Firmly in the 'if you're only gonna spend a couple of quid on the game, this should be your couple of quid'.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    What's the deal here? The little red dots are... smaller? ...there? ...positioned correctly?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Smaller and hopefully correctly centered.
    Also iron sights will now be a bit more stable while moving/strafing.
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Thanks for clarifying!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Holo sights will also work properly, like in Arma 3 (dot sticks in line with the barrel).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    About the bundles in steam. They were -80% during summer sale, i wouldn't be suriprised if they were on sale during autumn/christmas sales so could be good option to pick some if they are next time. i.e. i wanted the commissioner (i always think of it as comissar?) for stalker cloaking so that and NS-11C for 1€ was pretty nice deal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Think the prices are still pretty heavily reduced even at full price. Then the summer sale just made them ridiculously cheap, so much so that I bought the Commissioner/NS SMG one for about a quid, even though I already own the Underboss and Sirius... have hardly used them since.

Also worth pointing out that you don't even need PS2 installed on steam - it just gives you a code redeemable in-game!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Woop woop, i got my first Auraxium yesterday with Sirius. I used it on few classes, though i wonder what's the usual LA weapon of choice for people.

Right now, NS-11C, forward grip, compensator and NV scope. Great for flanking, hiding in trees and shooting people. Outdoorsy stuff like that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh yeah, i've noticed ton of death recaps listing enemies having forward grip and High Velocity ammo. The HV ammo has been surprising on me as i've seen a ton of people with it.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    Oh yeah, i've noticed ton of death recaps listing enemies having forward grip and High Velocity ammo. The HV ammo has been surprising on me as i've seen a ton of people with it.
    It's useful on the NS-11C as it extends that weapon's dreadful effective range (the NS-11C has unusually low bullet velocity). It's not generally recommended the way soft point ammo is unless you have a specific reason for using it.

Forward grips are just generally nice to have on weapons you ADS with a lot. There's almost no carbine I'd recommend a laser sight on over the grip.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I like HVA so long as the recoil on the weapon is manageable. It increases damage at medium to long ranges and the extra velocity should make hitting those targets easier.

Trying to get Auraxium on my Solstice VE3 (default carbine), so I'm running with that. I find the Zenith to be an excellent weapon, and Pulsar C with HVA, grip and suppressor is actually quite a menacing setup.