Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    I completely appreciate the HV-45 for my combat medic. In combination with the foregrip, the night-vision scope and the suit upgrade that lets my shields regenerate faster I truly do the 'combat' part of the class description justice. It is fairly accurate, even under sustained fire. The time-to-kill is immensely short on short to medium distances and the per-bullet damage is high enough to drop targets on long distances using semi-automatic fire.

Also the skyguard, because of dakka.

Lesser Hivemind Node

Why everyone should get a lasher

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Why everyone should get a lasher
    That is a thing of beauty. I saw the reddit thread. They first destroyed enemy armour and Sunderers with concentrated Lancer fire, and then melted successive waves of infantry and MAXs with Lashers. TR and NC were obliterated, but even they think that was awesome.

Vanu=Applied and Amplified Enlightenment!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    In order to keep this informative thread on the first page, and to post some interesting tidbits from Test, here's something to munch on:

The MAX Comets (anti-tank weapons) have been remade a bit. They're currently contain 2 shots, fired in quick succession, with very good accuracy, better velocity and no damage drop-off whatsoever. Still 45 shots in total, per arm, without any upgrades. Rear shots on a Prowler needs two unloads of both arms, and then two more shot to finish them off, so 10 shots in total. Lightnings are at 9 shots in the rear. This is achieved in around 6 seconds, which is really good. From the front, a Prowler takes 5x4+2 = 22 shots and 17 seconds to kill, assuming no misses.

Sunderers need 5 rounds of both arms and then 1 to finish, 21 shots in total, 14 seconds if all shots hit.

Oh, and infantry are 2 shots to kill, so one shot from each arm = OHK. With near perfect accuracy and relly decent "bullet" velocity, distant targets are pretty easy to hit.

The Nebula has had its fire rate increased, it's a whirlwind of fiery plasma and very effective up to around 50 meters.

The Eidolon is a beast at the current settings! 265 dmg at close range, down to 200 @65m, 500 m/s bullet velocity, good refire rate and no bullet drop or scope sway. 2 headshots and 1 body shot to drop an enemy, easily done against unmoving targets at 150m with the 6x scope and HV ammo. With Compensator and Forward Grip, you can fire two shots per second or more with near perfect accuracy.

The general consensus in VR Training on Test seemed to be that the new heavy pistols were a bit overpowered, as one might expect. Very high damage and pretty good accuracy and cone of fire, making them a bit too precise for the amount of damage they deal. I didn't perseonally get the time to try them out, though.

Test servers just went down, so we'll see how much of this is going to stay until the actual release of GU07...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Oh, and the Blueshift has no damage drop-off, don'ät know if this is a new thing. 143 damage at any range. Slightly higher ROF and a 25% increase in bullet veolcity should makje it pretty decent. Don't know about COF or recoil statistics, though.

Network Hub
    I keep hoping this will get fixed but...

If you have purchased the magazine upgrade for infantry weapons: reload after choosing the class or re-loading from a terminal or you will find your first magazine only has the default number of rounds in it. This can easily make the difference between life and respawning.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Regarding the new pistols:
    The commissioner is pretty crazy and looks great. It's probably more of a finishing weapon/mid-range pistol though
    The underboss is better for emptying your mag into someone at close range due to its higher rate of fire and it needing the same amount of hits to kill.

thats great news about the cosmos. it sounds like using them for suppression is now a thing.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Don't care how it damages, I'm getting a revolver
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Well got the Big one, damage seems a bit too much, knife+shot kill, but looks awesome.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well, it's time for the weekly Disco Appreciation Video:

In other words, if you don't have a lancer yet, get it.

my lancer doesnt look at all like that. just like explosions.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    my lancer doesnt look at all like that. just like explosions.
    It might look like this from the side. Imagine, how annoying it would be, if you saw that trying to get another shot on a stationary target.

Network Hub
    take a few steps to the side after firing your lancer and you should be able to see the beam trail, it is pretty much invisible from the firing point.

I think the Saron really should have a similar effect on it (not as a nerf, just improve the visual experience)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just make the saron a tank mounted lancer with the same mechanics and the PPC a tank mounted Lasher that deals more damage and deals light vehicle damage. Tadaa suddenly the Magrider is the perfect disco companion.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Just make the saron a tank mounted lancer with the same mechanics and the PPC a tank mounted Lasher that deals more damage and deals light vehicle damage. Tadaa suddenly the Magrider is the perfect disco companion.
    OHMYGODGETYOURHANDSOFFMYSARON! It's perfectly fine as it is. I dont want no stinking charge up mechanics or ANY change to the gun at all. Charging would be horrible, as it'd make reaction shots impossible, and balancing would mean that a no charge shot would tickle infantry and barely damage tanks at all. This idea needs to die a quick and gruesome death.

Edit: the saron is the most used secondary for good reason. it's responsive and awesome. if any need a change in design/mechanics, it's the enforcer and halberd, as they;re just clones, basically.

Network Hub
    good points qaz, I was only thinking of the weapon trail myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Lovely disco lasers.

More seriously - what do people reckon about ammo types? Getting to the point with a couple of weapons where I am considering them. Heard that soft point is good, bullet velocity is all you sacrifice for a mid-range damage increase, right? High velocity I haven't heard any recommendations for, presumably it is only beneficial at longer ranges, but does it have any disadvantages?

Basically I'm fine with how my guns shoot at the moment, but is it worth getting either ammo type as a straight up boost, or do they have serious drawbacks / the benefit is negligible?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Depends. If you use soft point at close to medium range and high velocity at long ranges the drawbacks are neglible. But the more you move away from their purpose the stronger the drawbacks get. In terms of the high velocity ammo I am not sure but if I recall correctly they have reduced damage in short/medium ranges. Whereas for soft point bullet velocity can be a bitch if you want to shoot anything that's not in grabbing distance and moves.
    Not using them is always the better "overall" solution. But if you are say in a Biolab, soft point ammo is something very worthy the certs.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cheers, think I will stick with default ammo for now.