Page 16 of 86 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    then its me, I rarely use sniper rifles. Thought you could switch out the scope.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Ok, then i will keep crying silently during Amerish nights, when everyone on Mumble is saying "don't forget your night vision!" "night combats are awesome " or "yeah too bad it's not as dark as it used to be" while my infiltrator rush blindy to his next death against a nv-equipped enemy
    Last edited by Ksempac; 30-04-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    then its me, I rarely use sniper rifles. Thought you could switch out the scope.
    You can but the long range snipers do not have standard rails for scopes so they use the specific sniper scopes only. But if you get the Ghost for example (short range bolt action sniper rifle) it has standard rails and can fit any of the normal scopes from 1x-6x. I think it even fits NV but since NV has no magnification I do not think it would be very useful because you still need those precious headshots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The Flash Fury is on sale, and got an undocumented nerf (damage cut by half, reload speed decreased) on the test server.
    Think about that what you will... Maybe just a coincidence. Again. Who knows.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Network Hub
    Well you've got another two weeks at least before the nerf goes in now:

Quote Originally Posted by Higby
    IotD schedule is determined about 30 days in advance, and it's not really done with consideration to weapon balance changes - a process that I'm working on changing due to this.This is really bad timing (for us) for the M40 to have come up for IotD, but, since it is, we are going to revert the M40 changes that were going to go up with this update to ensure that we're not pulling a bait-and-switch with this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Ok, then i will keep crying silently during Amerish nights, when everyone on Mumble is saying "don't forget your night vision!" "night combats are awesome " or "yeah too bad it's not as dark as it used to be" while my infiltrator rush blindy to his next death against a nv-equipped enemy
    Hey, be happy, HV/NV used to see infilatrators cloaked as far as I remember. And not it's harder to see them with that than normal sight on a gun.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

which reminds me, is upgrading the recon tool worth it?
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Flash radar works better.

yeah but its cheaper and you dont need a flash for it and its the only tool for the inf upto now.

and and and
    - Tom De Roeck.

yeah but its cheaper and you dont need a flash for it and its the only tool for the inf upto now.

and and and
    And and and it works worse, it tags only moving enemies, it has smaller range and as limited as flash is itself. Stealth certed flash with radar looks better, only thing is, you can destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    And and and it works worse, it tags only moving enemies, it has smaller range and as limited as flash is itself. Stealth certed flash with radar looks better, only thing is, you can destroy it.
    True enough, but isnt radar in the same spot as the stealth module?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    which reminds me, is upgrading the recon tool worth it?

Yes I'd say get lvl 3 to start with and test it. Makes it scan quite a bit faster and more reliably. Biggest problem with the dart is that if you shoot it too far it simply disappears and the range is somewhat random. But yes upgrade it.

True enough, but isnt radar in the same spot as the stealth module?
    Nope, stealth/mineguard and something else wraith and radar on utility.

Hey, be happy, HV/NV used to see infilatrators cloaked as far as I remember. And not it's harder to see them with that than normal sight on a gun.
    Not = now?
    Assuming that, it's interesting, i was wondering whether they could be seen or not through NV. I thought they could be seen, and i thought it was illogical because it would reduce the infiltrator to a sniping role, which imho is the least important of the 3 infiltrators roles in an outfit (sniping, recon, hacking).

Ok I'm happy (but still hate Amerish nights)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sometimes you just cannot get a flash safely and just need a radar. Helps alot when taking smaller bases with a squad or so. Put a recon dart between cap point and spawn room and you will get plenty of warning when they push out. Yes Scout Radar is better in every way but the recon dart is by no means bad. The first few levels are pretty cheap too.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Not = now?
    Assuming that, it's interesting, i was wondering whether they could be seen or not through NV. I thought they could be seen, and i thought it was illogical because it would reduce the infiltrator to a sniping role, which imho is the least important of the 3 infiltrators roles in an outfit (sniping, recon, hacking
    Yeah now, the IR/NV used to see the infiltrators clear as day now they are pretty much completely invisible in IR/NV.

Speaking of which, would be pretty darn sweet to have a armor upgrade for infantry that blocks or reduces IR/NV but replaces your armor. Would be really useful for a smoke/ninja squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Yeah now, the IR/NV used to see the infiltrators clear as day now they are pretty much completely invisible in IR/NV.

Speaking of which, would be pretty darn sweet to have a armor upgrade for infantry that blocks or reduces IR/NV but replaces your armor. Would be really useful for a smoke/ninja squad.
    Reduces, probably more balanced.

On flash radar argument. Thing is, that you don't hamper yourself with one class though. If you don't play infiltrator a lot, scout radar is better, IMO. If you play least 15-20% of time with infiltrator, recon darts is a good investment.

Reduces, probably more balanced.

On flash radar argument. Thing is, that you don't hamper yourself with one class though. If you don't play infiltrator a lot, scout radar is better, IMO. If you play least 15-20% of time with infiltrator, recon darts is a good investment.
    also note that if you have a ammo pack lying around, it could be an effective way to detect enemies.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I never thought about that but it's true, you could make a trap with C4 and ammo packs

Hey, I just had a bad idea, but I will ask about it anyway.

What if, VS would have their accuracy trait shown more through charging mechanic. I.E. Lancer instead of increasing damage, would be at max damage from lvl 1 charge to 3, however, CoF would be at maximum at lvl 1 and minimum at lvl 3 charge.
    Same would apply to upcoming empire specific pistols, of which VS one will be charged, so basic damage it would do would be 167 ala beamer, or maybe manticore 200, I'd give you 250 but NC would disagree, and damage would stay same, but accuracy (CoF, bullet speed) would increase.
    Same with your old weapons, since you have high first shot multiplier, you're better at sustained fire, but what if the more sustained fire you do, the more bullets you shoot, the smaller your CoF becomes and faster your speed goes (on the other had recoil ramps up a lot too)