Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    i've actually been liking my scoped Warden (NC semiauto rifle). I tend to prefer fire fights at medium/long range, and i can score more hits with it than the NC6 (what ever the name of the default NC lmg is). Not sure if it actually gets me more kills though, and its terrible at close range.

Still haven't found a close range hipshotting spray and pray gun im satisfied with. I've been trying out the EM1, but i'm not really feeling it. It has a higher RoF for an NC gun, but doesn't have much stopping power. to beat someone with an uppercut or Phobos i have to empty most of my clip into them before they one shot me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfChutney View Post
    i've actually been liking my scoped Warden (NC semiauto rifle). I tend to prefer fire fights at medium/long range, and i can score more hits with it than the NC6 (what ever the name of the default NC lmg is). Not sure if it actually gets me more kills though, and its terrible at close range.

Still haven't found a close range hipshotting spray and pray gun im satisfied with. I've been trying out the EM1, but i'm not really feeling it. It has a higher RoF for an NC gun, but doesn't have much stopping power. to beat someone with an uppercut or Phobos i have to empty most of my clip into them before they one shot me.
    If you want a good cqc LMG Anchor or GD-22S, midranged, EM6, long Warden and Saw
    Other than that, for CQC try out Blitz and a shotgun.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    SVA88 for sure if you want an LMG, Boris.
    Find me on the Steams

Having tried the Lancer, I'm not sure I'm going to get it. It's good in VR, but in real battle the targets tend to move out of sight before you can charge up the shots.

As for LMG, I tried the SVA88 and the Pulsar LSW in VR, and I definitely like them equal. The LSW is a boatload cheaper, so IF I decide to get a lancer, I'm probably getting the lsw as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    The Lancer is really good. The SVA88 is miles better then the LSW in every aspect. Faster bullets, MUCH lower first shot recoil, higher firerate.
    Find me on the Steams

According to the spreadsheet, the SVA-88 and Pulsar LSW have the same firerate. The SVA has more attachments, better moving ADS COF while standing, better ADS movespeed, but longer reload and a lot more vertical recoil.

The bulletspeed is about 1,5% faster on the SVA, so not really noticable.

On paper the SVA is a better gun, but trying it out I don't notice the difference and then the pricetag comes into play, the LSW only needing 100 certs to unlock and 130 certs in upgrades, versus the SVA where you can plonk in over 800 easy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    According to the spreadsheet, the SVA-88 and Pulsar LSW have the same firerate. The SVA has more attachments, better moving ADS COF while standing, better ADS movespeed, but longer reload and a lot more vertical recoil.

The bulletspeed is about 1,5% faster on the SVA, so not really noticable.

On paper the SVA is a better gun, but trying it out I don't notice the difference and then the pricetag comes into play, the LSW only needing 100 certs to unlock and 130 certs in upgrades, versus the SVA where you can plonk in over 800 easy.
    I've used them both, and I think SVA-88 is the better gun. Better ADS movespeed is always important, and the bullet speed + HVA (which the LSW doesn't have) make for more accurate fire over mid/long range. Also it has access to compensator and HVA, which the LSW does not. And I think the recoil is curiously more controllable on the SVA-88 than the LSW. The SVA-88 has a kick when you fire that first shot, but afterwards is very smooth. You just have to learn to compensate for that. But the LSW is a very good and versatile weapon, and both are great. And you have a point on cost of the weapon and the attachments. SVA-88 is 700 Certs or 1000 SC, plus 100 Certs for compensator, 100 for Foreward Grip, 100 for HVA and 30 for scope of choice (2x is perfect for this weapon).

Anyone have opinions on the Corvus? I've got Auraxium on the H-V45, and I'm thinking of trying something else out.

I've been looking at the Corvus a lot lately myself, especially in VR. The TTK doesn't seem all that different at reasonably close ranges, and you're left with a lot more ammo after a kill than you otherwise would, along with the ability to put HVA on it and kill efficiently at range. It feels slightly easier to control as well. I'm going to trial it in the thick of combat once I find a suitable opportunity soon.

Couldn't sleep so went on to test some more, and damn. I wish I played medic because I'm loving the HV45. And I still have no preference for either LSW or SVA, just that I like them more than the Orion.

LSW felt worse than SVA in trial form. And honestly, all you need as VS is a good mid range LMG, long range is for rifles anyways, not LMGs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    There also is a NS LMG coming soon. But of course no stats yet:
    https://twitter.com/jimmywhis/status/318878495721791488

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, Corvus.
    It was my main medic gun for a while.
    Trialing it and the CME left me in no doubt which the stronger gun at range was (it's the Corvus). It's possibly one of the best weapons Vanu have for long-range engagements. However it doesn't have a pixel-perfect first round, it is important to note.
    After a period of faffing with it, I eventually wound up running HV ammo all the time, along with forward grip.

If you do get a kill at close range, then you'll have the ammo left in the mag for 1, often 2 more kills. The fact that the H-V45 only really has the mag for one kill is why after being initially impressed, I stopped using it. However you will be losing out in close-up fights to people with the close range specific guns. (Although, if you tried putting a reflex sight on it, may do better than I did with a 3.4x holo)

These days, on my medic, I run Nova ~95% of the time. With the way the game is balanced and the way outfit tactics work, pretty much the only reason to ever be engaged at anything other than CQC is when camping a warp gate. The rest of the time, if you aren't in close, you should be finding a way to GET in close, not infantry skirmishing.
    Last edited by CMaster; 02-04-2013 at 11:19 AM.

That's another option, just running the Orion for outside combat and the Sirius SMG for base assaults. I already have the Sirius and I've grown very fond of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    There also is a NS LMG coming soon. But of course no stats yet:
    https://twitter.com/jimmywhis/status/318878495721791488
    Let me give you some of my speculations.
    Damage 143@10 to 125@65, rpm 652, reload time at 2.5-3.5 seconds, 75 round mag and CoF +0.1-0.3 of basic NS-11A with about same recoil, gun terribly controlable at long ranges, bad at cqc and mildly average in midrange combat.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That's another option, just running the Orion for outside combat and the Sirius SMG for base assaults. I already have the Sirius and I've grown very fond of it.
    the orion is kind of closer to a smg than it is to mid-range lmgs, actually. it works well at short ranges, but isn't really all that suitable for mid-range combat.

i've been equipping my pulsar c more often recently. it's one of the few guns we have that support an adv fwd grip, and it's pretty .... stable, really. kind of slow-firing, so it's not the best cqc weapon, but it's great at range.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    The Orion is actually better in every aspect but hip fire accuracy to the SMGs, according to the spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    The Orion is actually better in every aspect but hip fire accuracy to the SMGs, according to the spreadsheet.
    The Sirius has a way higher firerate, shorter reload time, a smaller cone of fire when ADSing and lower first shot recoil.

Ok, screw the Lancer, I'm buying the MANA-AV. I already have loads of upgrades on my Engineer anyway, and I got some good results with it this night at Crux.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ok, screw the Lancer, I'm buying the MANA-AV. I already have loads of upgrades on my Engineer anyway, and I got some good results with it this night at Crux.
    Good choice, the av mana turret should be the first choice over any heavy rocketlauncher

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Think I'm gonna pick up a flare over the SVA88 cos I'm cheap (and already have a shottie for close-up room clearing). In support of the lancer, first time properly using it today and I managed to snipe a max with 2 shots from the other side of splitpeak pass. Insanely accurate, almost felt unfair.