Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Good choice, the av mana turret should be the first choice over any heavy rocketlauncher
    dont complain when all of your kills get sniped though!

Obscure Node
    After some time playing with it, SVA-88 seems to be more versatile in it's base design, but I also have the felt impression Flare performs slightly better at range. I also prefer the Flare's higher damage - When shooting at range, the enemy has to go down fast, otherwise he'll duck to cover... therefore, hitting with higher damage is (IMO) to be preferred. I honestly would also like to have all the attachments of the Flare on the SVA, as well as it's Burst-fire mode.

Lancer has become good with the 3 buffs they gave us. I carry it with me in 2 of my 3 Loadouts as a standard, only my CQC Loadout with Polaris has a Decimator in it (yes, I do prefer NOT to carry a shotgun with me even in CQC). When using the Lancer with 3-4 coordinated ppl it kicks ass now, and it can also be a quick death to the not-so-good Tank drivers out there when running around on your own. Hell, they could even lower the damage in it's current state, and I wouldn't mind... it's accuracy and "Bullet" speed are amazing, and without having any counter to it, it's rather strong.

I spent some time on an NC char recently... and I gotta say: for me, the NC6 Gauss SAW is where it's at. Can't remember any weapon in any FPS I played that ever felt so right. It kicks rather strong, and after some sustained fire the bullets go anywhere but in the middle of your crosshairs, but when u manage to handle it properly, it's WAY above any other LMG I played so far throughout all 3 Factions. Even when used in Hip-fire it performs well, and since it's 200 Damage allow u to cut down enemys as fast and as much as noone else on the field, it really has to be called a BEAST among guns.
    Someone told me to give Iron Sights a shot with it, and although I first didn't want to, I have come to use them mostly
    On my second day on my NC Char I managed to flank a camp of 7 Vanu, and as soon as 2 of them realised I was there, their 5 buddys had been gone already... and they quickly fell too. I pray to god that NS LMG will be somewhere near the SAW - It'd be just purple hell to those that oppose me if my Vanu Heavy had some toy like that in his hands
    Last edited by Xxotic; 02-04-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    So... Who want's to meet my new upgraded NC hack max with range capabilities and still powerful kill time of enemy maxes ?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They added a NS LMG. 55 rounds per mag. Any opinions yet?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Tried it out a little in VR using high velocity ammo and compensator, since I've been looking into getting another LMG. The grouping seemed super tight, accurate at long ranges too, seemed quite close to the SVA88. 55 round mag is substantially smaller than 100 rounds, but reload speed is much faster than most LMGs.

I'm no LMG expert, so reviews from more hardcore users would be much appreciated!

In other news, trying to use the Flare at long range is a nightmare, even with compensator it's first shot recoil is wild. Seems to calm down a bit if you keep the trigger down, but it was still really difficult to consistently hit at long ranges, compared to the SVA88 or the new NS gun. At medium range it kicks ass tho, since aiming at the base of someone's neck seemed to make the recoil jump up into a headshot. Still tempted to get a Flare, since super-long range isn't all that important, and it seemed to perform well at medium ranges, even when foregoing forward grip for a laser sight.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 03-04-2013 at 07:30 PM.

It's not an LMG, it's just a heavy assault rifle, ala GD-22s with higher firerate and 143 dmg per bullet.

Obscure Node
    I think whatever Attachments u use for it, u can turn it into a rather good short-mid or an outstanding mid-range Weapon (with Long Range Capabilities). Personally I gotta say it's Iron Sights RULE, if I get it (which I probably will) it's gonna be the first Weapon I'll use with Iron Sights as a regular. I think I'd use Compensator, but SP Ammo instead of HV. Probably, since Compensator seems to be the natural choice for me on most LMG's, I'd use it with Forward grip instead of a Laser (Comp + Laser is a little weird since compensator works against better hipfire accuracy, I tried it on 2-3 different LMG's and it never felt right).

Still, I'd have preferred a NS "Gauss SAW" anytime

I see a grip useless on this gun though, it has only left direction recoil, so easy to compensate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yeah, I quite like the LMG from what I tested. I will buy it, and I agree the iron sights are pretty damn awesome on it. I felt that HV didn't add much recoil, so I will probably go with compensator and HV ammo. I don't hipfire much.
    Find me on the Steams

Obscure Node
    http://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#dmg/la/1.25

Pretty useful calculator.

Here u can see, Soft Point ain't only for Hipfire... up until 60/70m u'll barely notice a significant improval of HV over Soft Point (I tried it with Flare since SP/HV Values for the new LMG aren't in already). High Velocity only gets interesting beyond that point, but yet most infantry combat will happen within 50-70m. It's also one of the reasons that I prefer HS/NV Scope on most of my Weapons, since u can't shoot much further with that anyway (YES, of course u can... but up to 50m I (personally) think it's better than nearly any other scope out there). Up to that threshold you'll also not notice MUCH of lower/higher projectile speed for SP/HV... a little bit, yea, but it's pretty insignificant.

Sure, forward grip doesn't do THAT much for it probably... but I much rather prefer Compensator/Forward Grip than No Rail Attachment/Laser Sight or Compensator/Laser Sight considering no Rail Attachment is a waste for most weapons, and Compensator reduces Hipfire Accuracy nearly as much as Laser Sight improves it. I've played Polaris for quite some time with Compensator and ADVANCED Laser Sight (to try and maintain the Polaris' mid range capabilities as an LMG) but yet I got to like it much better with a Suppressor instead of the Compensator due to it's better Hipfire Accuracy, lower sound and more stealthiness - while it's mid range capabilities weren't reduced as much without Comp than it's Hipfire Accuracy was reduced WITH Comp.
    That's why personally I'd suggest to NOT use Compensator with Laser Sight... and then, why not attach a foreward grip if available?.

Of course, that's what I prefer. I'm always telling ppl in my outfit to see their equipment fit for their purposes and personal gaming experience, because what is it worth if the numbers say "it's better" but I don't feel good about using it? Could be the best weapon setup out there by numbers, but when I don't FEEL good about it, I won't BE good with it.

So, play however u like - these are merely suggestions, nothing else

All I see in that LMG wise is that Orion, MSW-R and T9 Carv have highers dps, ergo lower TTK than any other lmgs, SVA-88, EM6, NC6, T9 carv-s , Pulsar LSW are practically on par with each other.

I only ever use sights when I have my NV on, because of the added nightvision. hipshootery all the time baby.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    All I see in that LMG wise is that Orion, MSW-R and T9 Carv have highers dps, ergo lower TTK than any other lmgs, SVA-88, EM6, NC6, T9 carv-s , Pulsar LSW are practically on par with each other.
    I posted the Calculator since u can compare Ammo with it: Standard and SP/HV (for those weapons available of course). Also, u can look up how Nanoweave affects BTK (Bullets to kill) at specific ranges.

What I'd like anyway, is more specific data on attachments: What effect Compensator gives on specific weapons, data about Advanced Laser sight, etc. Has anyone seen something like that? As of now, I only rely on how it "feels" and on tests in Warpgate/Training Area... but some proven numbers can NEVER be bad.

Btw, those pics of "planetside_bulletdistro" u posted Bankrotas: I heard whoever made that thinks about building a version everyone can use. As of now, u'd need the program it's built with. Looking forward to it's release, and thanks again for posting those pics.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to the release of a program based on that "planetside_bulletdistro" matlab application, although I wouldn't mind the m files.It even plots realistic ttk's over distance, taking into account RoF, bullet velocity, CoF, etc. From that thread, it seems that it performs the same calculations as the ingame engine, so it will answer both questions of balance and deciding what to purchase.

Doesn't this:
    Untitled.jpg

Make you say: "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ohyeah that revolver is huge heh... gonna be a good sidearm for a shotgun.

It makes me say "totally sweet braj, a vanu sidearm that works"
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    It makes me say "totally sweet braj, a vanu sidearm that works"
    Manticore? I actually like base sidearm of yours.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    did anyone else see the max weapon preview? not liking the direction it's going in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Manticore? I actually like base sidearm of yours.
    Bought the Manticore, it's shit. The Beamer is allright I guess, but I much prefer the TR and NC starter weapons.
    Find me on the Steams