Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1806
    Network Hub
    Bloody hell. I just went and checked, and he's right.

The Lancer is 15th for me in Kills, but it takes the No. 1 spot by total score, surpassing all of my infantry main weapons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    No. 1 for me as well. Destroying vehicles, whether it's in a plane, in a tank, with a rocket launcher or with some C4, is where the big certs are to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    No. 1 for me as well. Destroying vehicles, whether it's in a plane, in a tank, with a rocket launcher or with some C4, is where the big certs are to be found.
    If I combine my bursters, the score its nearly twice that of my lancer..

I do so love playing AA

I'm not sure how correct this stats page is. It says I have over a 1000 kills with my Lasher.

But yeah. My Lancer gave me more points (at 150 kills) than my Auraxiumed Sirius SMG. The best weapon on the site, for me, is the Solstice SF. Which I'm pretty sure I did not Auraxium because I stopped using it when I bought my SMG.

So, I went in game. It seems the Lasher thing is pretty much correct. I'm 116 kills away from Auraxium. But, my Solstice SF is on a silver medal. The stats site claims I have 1320 kills with it, in game it's only Silver. It also gave me the most score, more than my Sirius and my Lancer. What?
    Last edited by Boris; 11-09-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    never noticed that, but it makes sense seeing how vehicle kills net a shitton of xp. i have 150 kills with the lancer, but those were worth around 900 certs. Not too bad, really.

Activated Node
    The thing with the Lancer stats is only due to assists really.. For me:
    S1 Score: 130k Kills: 180. KPM: 0.58
    Lancer Score: 100k Kills: 52 KPM: 0.2

If you actually want to finish things off, S1. If you want high score due to assists: Lancer.

With Lancer triple charges, getting the last hit isn't very difficult. Single shots are kinda poopy, unless the vehicle is on fire.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just noticed that my lifetime K:D has finally just tipped over the hump: It's now 1.01 (when I joined the outfit, it was around 0.8). I'm a mean player! (although probably above the median, given how much lolpodders and marauder spammers must skew that)

Not sure if there is any weapon in particular to attribute it to. I don't stand off very much. It's possible switching from Nova to H-V45 (once I learned how I liked to use it) helped. Also, the occasional Max slaughter run definitely helps.

http://www.planetside-intel.com/char...on-performance
    Last edited by CMaster; 24-09-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Gratz.

As for me, I'm currently at 0.6. It's low, but it's actually rising quite fast. My first 80h of play were mostly cqc infiltrator with only xm98 sniper rifle and beamer, so i accumulated 80h of 0.25 kdr. I'm basically catching up for all that. Nowadays, I'm unhappy if i finish a night without a kdr above 1. (yes i know kdr is useless, but kdr trends is valuable information to know if you're improving)

Unfortunately the (good) change of "medics erase death stat" makes for shaky comparisons of new and old kdr :s

On a related note, i recently noticed that I'm one of the most versatile player in the outfit. Most players have one or two favourite class. I don't. My 2 most played classes had 31% of my playtime, my 2 least played classes had 6 and 7% of my playtime (and rising, I'm starting to enjoy LA a lot). It's probably partly due to the fact that i can spend SC so i can level up every class, but also a personal taste.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 24-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Just noticed that my lifetime K has finally just tipped over the hump: It's now 1.01 (when I joined the outfit, it was around 0.8). I'm a mean player! (although probably above the median, given how much lolpodders and marauder spammers must skew that)

Not sure if there is any weapon in particular to attribute it to. I don't stand off very much. It's possible switching from Nova to H-V45 (once I learned how I liked to use it) helped. Also, the occasional Max slaughter run definitely helps.

http://www.planetside-intel.com/char...on-performance
    I think it's the playstyle that the H-V45 facilitates: both CQC and medium range, aggressive yet calculated, stick with the group in a support role but can stray a bit towards the flanks and not get overwhelmed. The combination of Combat Medic and H-V45 allows for greater appreciation of combat flow and positioning IMHO, and that translates into better performance ingame, so performance stats also improve.

I also believe that we don't make full use of it in a tactical sense: a Resist Shield/Nanoweave/Concussion Grenades HA with a large magazine LMG teamed with a CM with a H-V45 are a powerful duo. The HA can engage multiple targets and the CM has the RoF to finish them off, healing and/or reviving the HA after each engagement. Buddy up!

I started with 0.2 (sic! - as told, first modern FPS I've played) and tipped 1.0 late April/early May (before the revives change), and I think that it was my switching to CM and H-V45 that were instrumental to my understanding FPS mechanics and the flow of the game. Nowadays, a daily KDR below 2.5-3 and I think it's a bad night.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 24-09-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    I also believe that we don't make full use of it in a tactical sense: a Resist Shield/Nanoweave/Concussion Grenades HA with a large magazine LMG teamed with a CM with a H-V45 are a powerful duo. The HA can engage multiple targets and the CM has the RoF to finish them off, healing and/or reviving the HA after each engagement. Buddy up!... Nowadays, a daily KDR below 2.5-3 and I think it's a bad night.
    I generally play CM, and with a KDR like that i guess i'll be following you around more often!
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If it's a recent rise in K/D then it's bound to be from the ress change. It means if you are playing as a team, with lots of ressing, it will result in a higher rather than lower K/D compared to lone wolves / non-team players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    If it's a recent rise in K/D then it's bound to be from the ress change. It means if you are playing as a team, with lots of ressing, it will result in a higher rather than lower K/D compared to lone wolves / non-team players.

There was a res change? When?

planetside-intel.com uses the old API I think. Useful to get a feeling how you progress according to the old way of calculating KDR. Also tracks daily, weekly and monthly KDR and SPM, and vehicle weapons in the weapons' stats tab. On a sidenote, I don't think those stats are a concern to anyone but oneself, as a means to gouge progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    There was a res change? When?
    Late May, early June IIRC. Revives remove that death from the KDR statistic. Not that useful to me, as I tend to either lonewolf sometimes, or go on my one trying to find flanking opportunities, usually away from the main group and hence Combat Medics. I enjoy finding that good flanking position more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, it's important to note that the in-game, per-session stats subtract the death again when you are rezzed, but the long term ones don't.
    Getting a >2 K while playing as infantry is normally a sign that you've been rezzed a lot.

Although it's worth noting that (in my opinion) the best outfit on Miller (in terms of achieving objectives - DEIM) pretty much don't respawn and rezz constantly. So it's something to be encouraged.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah, fair enough, assumed it was using in-game stats. But yeah, ressing is great and I'm pretty sure randoms have started ressing/accepting more since the change.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Rezzes don't affect lifetime KDR... I'm more happy with 2k vehicles killed
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    On a related note, i recently noticed that I'm one of the most versatile player in the outfit. Most players have one or two favourite class. I don't. My 2 most played classes had 31% of my playtime, my 2 least played classes had 6 and 7% of my playtime (and rising, I'm starting to enjoy LA a lot). It's probably partly due to the fact that i can spend SC so i can level up every class, but also a personal taste.
    Interesting, this made me check and it seems I'm much the same as you in many ways - similar BR, K/D, time played and I have 29 / 25 / 27% respectively across LA / Heavy / Engi.

I think I just like experimenting too much to focus massively on one class or vehicle; I've actually been consciously playing more infil and max and pulling libs and now a few harassers recently simply because they're a fresh-feeling way of playing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Excellent comparison of my favourite VS carbines: