Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1697
    CMaster, another thing to consider:

Check out this comparison of VS assault rifles.

Standing still grants the Corvus an ADS cone of fire of a miniscule 0.03, compared to the H-V45 that holds a value of 0.1. When you start moving, which you might be doing a lot since you are used to the H-V45, which has a nice 0.75x ADS movement speed multiplier, the cone of fire is 0.3 for the Corvus, just slightly better than the 0.35 of the H-V45.

Yep. Don't run and gun the Corvus. It needs to be fired standing still while ADS. ~5 round bursts generally works well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    H-V45 is for firing from the hip up close and personal, with medium damage and high rate of fire. All this is of course common knowledge around here.
    It's common knowledge around here.

It's also wrong.

When I first got the H-V45, I stuck the advanced laser on it, and ran around hip firing a lot. I quickly decided it wasn't worth all the fuss and went back to using the Nova, which is much better suited to the "run and snap" style of play (or at least it was until the refire rate nerf. Now, while I prefer the Pandora, there's nothing with quite the utility that the old Nova/Thanatos used to have).

Later, I tried the foregrip on the H-V45. I started to use ADS whenever out of pure CQC, shotgun range. And I found the gun was good. In fact, I've found that at almost all reasonable engagement ranges, the TTK of the H-V45 is lower than anything else available to the medic. The Corvus only gets better when you start to get to the kind of range where kills on anyone actually awake are unlikely.

I can't stand the iron sights on anything in this game, but I'll stick the 1x reflex on (same FoV I beleive) and give them a go. I'll see if I can stand still, but I doubt it. The vast majority of FPSes I've played (and the way I play PS2) make stationary = death, so it's pretty ingrained in me not to.

Edit: Just realized I'm not entirely clear above. The H-V45 certainly can make an effective short-range, hip-fire weapon. The error is in believing that is all that it is good for, when in fact it's probably the best mid-range AR as well (when appropriately set up)
    Last edited by CMaster; 28-10-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I can't stand the iron sights on anything in this game, but I'll stick the 1x reflex on (same FoV I beleive) and give them a go. I'll see if I can stand still, but I doubt it. The vast majority of FPSes I've played (and the way I play PS2) make stationary = death, so it's pretty ingrained in me not to.
    Yep, 1x reflex is the same field of vision as iron sights. You will even see more, since it is less obtrusive. As I mentioned before, iron sights provide the best focusing aid for me. It might be different for you, CMaster, but I recommend at least trying it out for a while.

Staying stationary with the Corvus requires more effort put into positioning yourself with ample cover and preferably a height advantage. Just stay still for the moment you shoot that 5-shot burst, then move, stop and shoot again.

I should try the foregrip on the H-V45, perhaps it will be a revelation for me. I did run the Orion with foregrip, so I suspect it will be somewhat similar. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I use the NS-11A for mid-range medic combat.

The only time I ever get it out is on Esamir. Or occasionally as a medic supporting an AV / AA nest.

Because generally if you're a medic standing still on a ridge picking off enemies 100m+ away then you're a shit medic. Get into the fight and reveive and heal people...

The bullet drop on the NS-11A requires a bit of getting used to, but it's recoil means that if you do find yourself in closer quarters, it'll do enough to get by.

---

I've been running the SVA-88 with foregrip for a long time now. But am consistently finding that whilst it's really great at mid to short range fights if I ever find myself in hip-firing distance I'll invariably take too much damage / lose the fight. It's hip COF blooms really fast such that it seems useless. I'm gonna start trying to make a conerted effort to simply switch out to pistol / knife in those instances instead. Haven't yet worked out if Underboss or Cerberus gives better CQ TTK though.
    Last edited by Cooper; 28-10-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Haven't yet worked out if Underboss or Cerberus gives better CQ TTK though.
    I'd say stay away from the Cerberus, as its stats are subpar on everything except damage within 8 meters. Underboss is a solid choice for close quarters self defense. Underboss headshot + knife (1375 dmg) is an instant kill on anything except shielded heavies and maxes. Underboss body hit + knife (1000 dmg) can instantly kill those poor souls that do not wear nanoweave. The Manticore is not a bad close quarters option either.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    When using the SVA-88 I tend to aim down sights, even when right next to the enemy. Not sure if that's a good idea, just saying...

Still interested to try the Corvus outside of VR. It has the advantage of high velocity ammo as well as amazing accuracy, which might make it nice for mid/long range fights like around amp station walls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Why am I a poor soul for not wearing crapoweave?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    high velocity ammo sucks on most weapons, i think. it adds too much recoil, effectively negating the higher speed it gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    high velocity ammo sucks on most weapons, i think. it adds too much recoil, effectively negating the higher speed it gives you.
    Never had too much recoil because of HVA, I'm usually fine autoing any NC weapon, seni autos are a different story.

Haha I'm like CMaster. I hate iron sights, and I use forward grip + ADS with my HV-45. Though, to be fair, I use 1x Reflex + forward grip + ADS on all my weapons (don't have a shotgun) because I value accuracy anytime.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Why am I a poor soul for not wearing crapoweave?
    I have pretty much stopped using nanoweave on all my classes as the utility of extra grenades far outweighs the occasional "woohoo i survived with 10% health" moments. (especially for medics/heavies, gotta spam those revive/concussion grenades)

Cooper Cerberus could be a valid choice if you want a silencer otherwise i think the underboss is better in pretty much every way. Still I am very keen on trying the Cerberus and will prolly get it soon as I have found myself switching back to the manticore for that silencer.

As for being a shit medic for not suicide into battle? I am not really sure I follow the line of thinking is here. I prefer my medics alive and not riddled with bullet-holes but I guess that is just me. If my squad is charging to a cap point I prefer hanging back on a roof or similar to take out LA/Medics etc and then follow my squad with a revive grenade and AoE heal. A role where the corvus excels. People tend to equate long range with 100 m, when in fact just shooting from the techplant balcony to the capture point or roof to roof in most outposts etc is where the corvus is simply brilliant. Also ranges where moving = you are dead because you cannot hit shit.

Many many times I simply stand still and let people charge at me and pick em off with ease.
    Last edited by Wardancer; 29-10-2013 at 04:42 PM.

So... I'm becoming freak of nature, where my ACX-11 outperforms GD-7F ^^. I have 30% accuracy with that up piece of metal and 22% HS ratio , while having slightly larger KPH than latter weapon (27 vs 26) and I'm still trying to master it

Sooooo... Finished auraxiuming my ACX-11 and here's my opinion:

ACX-11 is a mediocore or even bit on higher end of sub par weaponary. Thing is, gun is underwhelming and doesn't fucking make sense. It's high damage, low rof and low muzzle velocity, low ammo. Best way to use it, in my not so humble opinion, would be tactical flanking, but it is worse than most possible alternatives. Due to carbine damage drop off, range kills it more, since you can't shoot down 2 guys without shitloads of fucking luck.

Gun does well only for most extreme tactical flanking and fights behind enemy line. Gun is bad at straight fights sadly :/ and being jumped on, you're screwed. ACX needs preparation, thought and caution to use it effectively.
    It rewards headshots quite well and sometimes it seems easier to put last shot as headshot. However, if you miss, you're punished so hard it's just sad, if you start missing with ACX, just retreat, reload and try again. As SOE should do when making NC weapons...

Only weapon I would use less than this would be GD-7F for personal reasons.

was talking to wardancers about the NS-11A assault for the medic, grip, compensator, high velocity and 3.4 scope the recommended loadout?

been playing with the h-v45 for ages, fancied a change

cheers

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I have used the NS-11 in various configurations, right now it is 1x, softpoint, silencer, foregrip. I used to run 2x/3.4x HVA foregrip and compensator. Sort of depends on what you are doing. It is a very versatile weapon.

HVA is not really brilliant though, adds recoil without really giving anything in return. Test it in VR before certing. 2X scope is probably the best scope to start with as well, and then either increase the zoom or decrease it.

i've got my h-v45 configured like your ns-11, so I'll set it up as a mid-range option, will check out the scopes, ta

I used the NS-11 with comp, foregrip, 2x red dot. I used it as an accurate midrange rifle, swapping to smg or shotgun for cqc.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

I have had quite a bit of success running infiltrator with the Phantom lately. The Phantom is the close quarters semi-auto sniper rifle with access to short range scopes. At 400 damage per shot, it is excellent for medium range engagements. I use it with a suppressor and have paired it with the Underboss so that I can handle people that get really close. It is an interesting way to play, in which the primary and secondary weapons come to use equally and really complement each other.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I've been killed by that combination quite a lot recently. It's nasty!
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus