Page 61 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1830
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Yea I see pubs as collateral. They were gonna die either way anyhow.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Finally Auraxiumed the GD-7F! Now what to auraxium next?

Fun gun, but chews through ammo way to fast. Perhaps I should do a LMG next.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Dewisant's avid promotion of the charge ability over ZOE on our MAXes has had some impact on my MAX play lately. During last weekend's cert rain I invested in dual Nebulas with extended magazines for my MAX. Coupled with charge, they make room sweeping extremely effective.

Comparing the Nebulas to the more prevalent Blueshifts, the former trades accuracy and damage over range for fire rate and magazine capacity. Nebulas fire at 2x426 RPM and hold 2x75 rounds with extended magazines, whereas the Blueshifts' numbers are 2x366 RPM and 2x60 rounds. 30 more rounds before reloading and 120 more bullets per minute makes a big difference in close quarters.

Although Blueshifts remain the undisputed ranged choice, Nebulas don't do too badly at >40 m thanks to the higher fire rate.

My conclusion is that the Nebulas are a good choice, even the superior one at close range.

Interesting. Also on the topic of MAX weapons, I've got to admit you were right, Extended Mags on the Blueshifts are very much worth it. Was very useful yesterday during "that" biolab defense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    How many certs for extended mags in blueshifts?

500 / arm like others MAX weapons. Let's just say that serious Harassing on double XP weekend with a boost on top help to get that

Oh wow... Time to start saving...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidi View Post
    Finally Auraxiumed the GD-7F! Now what to auraxium next?

Fun gun, but chews through ammo way to fast. Perhaps I should do a LMG next.
    Sadly there is no comparable LMG on NC. Try Blitz or AF-4 Cyclone for more close quarters. EM6 is easy to auraxium too.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    My conclusion is that the Nebulas are a good choice, even the superior one at close range.
    have you tried dual comets, any thought? Must confess its my goto loadout as it feels more versatile.. (though isnt there an incoming nerf to AI incoming on them)

I'm probably alone in that department, but i simply loath Comets. Can't hit infantry with it, can't kill vehicles either.

My current anti-vehicles loadout are the Vortexes. They might be underpowered and are shitty against infantry, but at least i can kill vehicles with them, and they are very satisfying to use.

works like a shotgun, couple of blasts to the face will do the trick. also nice when an enemy max comes in, toe-to-toe with blueshifts and you'd lose, with comets they'll usually backpeddle or die.. vehicles also will feel some pain with zoe flipped on.. maybe its an acquired taste..

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    I'm probably alone in that department, but i simply loath Comets. Can't hit infantry with it, can't kill vehicles either.

My current anti-vehicles loadout are the Vortexes. They might be underpowered and are shitty against infantry, but at least i can kill vehicles with them, and they are very satisfying to use.
    I'm much the same. I see no reason to use Comets (no matter how much the Forums yell about ZOE/Comet combo) unless we're fighting MAXes in a BioLab (in which case you don't need accuracy, just firepower).

Against infantry, I take actual AI options, and against vehicles, I take Vortexes. I like being able to hit moving vehicles more than 20 metres from me. That said, the Vortexes are so bad against infantry, I can see the appeal of the Comet as a decent middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    I can see the appeal of the Comet as a decent middle ground.
    thats the key thing really, in a dynamic combat environment cut off from being able to re-equip, its pretty good allround option. one ai + one comet > 2 comet maxes though

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't think I would recommend Comets as an all-round weapon (even if they are better than the alternatives). Although they are fun to snipe infantry with, up close they aren't very reliable - you need to hit infantry twice to kill them (which is harder than you might expect when firing both arms at once) and the rate of fire is annoyingly slow.

They are amazing against enemy MAXes though, worth switching to them against a MAX-heavy force. Roaming around fighting vehicles and popping shots off at the occasional infantryperson can be a lot of fun too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henlaaz View Post
    have you tried dual comets, any thought? Must confess its my goto loadout as it feels more versatile.. (though isnt there an incoming nerf to AI incoming on them)
    Yes, I have and I think they're very versatile. They kill enemy MAXes and vehicles with ease. They are insanely good against sunderers. And they kill infantry well enough. It's somewhat hard to hit, but the double shot kill makes up for that. You can't use them to clear a room or suppress a choke point like a pair of Nebulas or Blueshifts though.

The balance pass will increase splash damage and lower the shots to kill from 2 to 3.

I tend to take comets now because everyone else usually pulls blueshifts from what I've seen. I appreciate them as a general Max deterrent. Is it worth considering the nebula even though I have dual comets?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    I actually really like my duel Comets, in my experience at least they are extremely versatile. Obviously it's just a case of familiarizing yourself with them, but with practice comes accuracy and once you get really good with them you can be destroying vehicles, taking down enemy MAX's and racking up 10+ kill streaks with ease in no time.

It's been almost exclusively equipped to my MAX for the last 3 or 4 months. Which coincidentally is why i've not felt the need to join the Blueshift club. Sure you cant mow down people, but you can certainly snipe them. I've always just run with duel Comets to give another dimension when fighting MAX's or an unexpected MBT or Sundie. Also, actually, even in CQC, if you land 2~3 of your shots in someones face it practically makes it a 'one shot' weapon. Which is tricky, sure, but definitely doable with practice.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

love to have extended mags on the comet, oh yeah it would be OP to hell, but one can dream

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    The blueshift is on sale today (right arm only). Should I buy it?

My usual AI loadout is Quasar (left), Nebula (right).
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yes, buy it if you have the SmedBucks. It is our go-to option for medium range anti-infantry combat.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168