Page 64 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1782
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Beamer isn't shit anymore. Anyway, if you want just a punchier side-arm, Underboss is probably the best option between the two revolvers. Commissioner has too much recoil between shots. And with the nerf to NW, the difference in dmg/round is not that big a deal.

Commissioner is more like a second main gun, and more useful for certain loadouts, eg shotgun, where you use your shotgun close range and the commissioner mid range. Of course, if you have exceptional skill it is great, but for the rest of us, Underboss, Beamer and Manticore are probably the best options.
    Well the Beamer still has the issue that it's almost impossible to click the left mouse button fast enough to utilize the full dps potential (afaik those numbers haven't changed). But I will play around a bit with the Underboss and Comissoner to see how they behave. Just by playing around with it the Comissoner seemed to be a bit more to my liking as I often play close range weapons and often use my sidearm to finish off targets in mid ranges. I very rarely use my sidearm in close combat where the Underboss seems to be better (if I got that right). Maybe I even stick with the Manticore which seems to be a good alternative. I still have 400 certs to go so I have quiet some time left to think about it

Also the Lasher finally replaced my Thanatos as the #1 weapon by kills. But man, that took a long time... Also worried about Flak4. Not sure if the main projectile is a bullet or explosive damage.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    The decimator has a lot more drop than I expected. Is it better dumb fire than the basic s1?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Only damagewise, it is slower and has more drop, so short range use only, or stationary targets once you get used to the drop. I've gone back to using the S1 since it is a bit more forgiving.

I still have the decimator in my anti-max loadout paired with the lasher.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Well the Beamer still has the issue that it's almost impossible to click the left mouse button fast enough to utilize the full dps potential (afaik those numbers haven't changed).
    That's why I like Emperor even more ^^, but Beamer is good. Especially at ranged fights.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    The new and improved short range semi-auto sniper rifles:

(What a beautiful thumbnail picture on that video!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Interesting, will test the phantom again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    You can add the lomag scopes now? Very nice! That was my most serious problem with it from before...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    I have been using the phantom with a reflex scope for a while now and enjoyed it.will have to get a new lomag scope on it and try it out.

accidentally brought the extended mag for the quasar on my max.. have mentally written it off, but whats the prevailing thought on this weapon? seems its a high dmg low rpm weapon..

I use duel Quasars on my AI MAX. They're great in my opinion. ROF isn't as high as the others, but still kicks like a... Giraffe.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Ok, how the hell do you make NS-15M work? I find it's recoil pattern at 2x scope unbelievably terrible, grip doesn't help and whole "accuracy" thingy doesn't shtick with it. I feel it's probably worst gun I wielded to this day, even warden is better.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Ok, how the hell do you make NS-15M work? I find it's recoil pattern at 2x scope unbelievably terrible, grip doesn't help and whole "accuracy" thingy doesn't shtick with it. I feel it's probably worst gun I wielded to this day, even warden is better.
    Wait, really? I'm using the IR/NV scope + grip, and I'm finding it to be a beast in the mid-ranges. The recoil during sustained fire is a bit jumpy compared to the Flare/Ursa, but I'm finding upper body/headshots very easy by shooting in bursts.

I've not tried the 2x scope, but I'd probably not do as well. Decent size magazine lets you kill several targets, and I'm starting to get an eye in for leading targets with it.

It's not as accurate as some VS LMGs, but I'd have thought NC would have welcomed a lower-recoil LMG.

I'm also finding it to be better when you're hanging back a bit, anticipating the enemy. On the move, attacking, I find it lacks the DPS potential to efficiently react to and kill enemies compared to the Orion/SVA-88.

IR/NV is no go for me, it's too restricting and too damn bright on my pc.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    IR/NV is no go for me, it's too restricting and too damn bright on my pc.

Ah. I'm not familiar with NC scopes, maybe try a 3.4/4x scope and use it as a mid-long range LMG. It has no burst-fire mode, so you need some good trigger discipline to make that work.

3.4 and 4x scopes are TR style scopes on NS weapons and jeez they're ugly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Why not x1 or iron sights? And perhaps try to lower FOV a bit (lower FOV, targets appear a little bit larger, but you lose a bit of peripheral vision).

Especially for such weapons, if the target's too small, it's beyond its effective range. Perhaps x2 has an advantage at 30-50m to more reliably score headshots, but I find that the roughly halved tracking speed, compared to the x1, is detrimental between 10-20m.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 05-01-2014 at 07:30 PM.

I use 1x scopes all the time, mostly for the same reason mentioned by MrEclectic: If the target is too small, it's beyond the effective range of the gun. NS15M is no exception. 95% of the time with this gun has been spent with 1x/Iron sights or NV. Sometimes I love the NS15M, sometimes I hate it. It really shines at medium range (20-50m), where you can rack up headshots and quick kills.

interesting pov about the x1.. does that mean you dont bother shooting at the target if its outside effective range? I always rock the x2 on my guns but get frustrated when they dont put down a target.. I just rack it up to lack of skillz

Quote Originally Posted by Henlaaz View Post
    interesting pov about the x1.. does that mean you dont bother shooting at the target if its outside effective range?
    Pretty much. I do sometimes take pot shots at enemies far away, but it is never particularly effective.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henlaaz View Post
    interesting pov about the x1.. does that mean you dont bother shooting at the target if its outside effective range? I always rock the x2 on my guns but get frustrated when they dont put down a target.. I just rack it up to lack of skillz
    Nope. This game is all about positioning. You don't give away your positional advantage unless you get something in return: a kill, a distraction, effective suppression, anything.

Most small arms are effective up to 50m, some go to 80m, Ursa perhaps 100m. You can still track them just fine with the x1 up to those distances, especially if you lower your FOV a bit (I'm using 67, instead of the maximum 74). The benefit being that you can still ADS in CQC, where opponents are moving fast to your sides. x2 is also nice, but the tracking speed is halved compared to x1, so it takes some getting used to.

The other solution is using x3.4 or x4, and setting up your Scoped Sensitivity just for that, but I'm using scopes mainly as a sniper, and that would mean messing with those sensitivities. On a tangent, I feel that the NC are the only ones that can make good use of x3.4 and x4, as they have a lot of weapons with high enough damage per round to get a kill with a minimum number of headshots, using them as battle rifles and firing in single shots. And I further feel that the main point of higher magnification scopes is to get headshots more reliably in midrange, but you are giving up peripheral vision and tracking speed in CQC.

As a final note, you want to have a consistent mouse experience, so you build up reflexes and muscle memory.