Page 67 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1830
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Another example of pure idiocy by SOE :/ What's worse than AV mana turret? A god damn flying rapid fire AV mana turet that does more damage!

Fucking hilarious :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    A god damn flying rapid fire AV mana turet that does more damage!
    Also it flys.

I thought we were getting an AA mana turret, I want a rapier! (Also a sword one)

Wish list-

Sundey with a deployable AA shield - replaces AMS - lasts 15 secs - needs to recharge, upgradeable, and is like a blue umbrella big enough to fit a couple of vehicles under, impenetrable to all weapons (both sides) but can still be hit from the sides.

Breacher tanks, a tank chassis with a jump pad for infantry on top. Move it about, jump into bases.

Fire and forget Tank missiles, secondary weapon - or replaces utility - on MBTs lock on and fire.

Mana Morter. Deployable, drops HE rounds at long range, has a null fire zone (20-50m) and so would basically require spotters.

LA leg grenades. fly over drop little bombs.

Medic dropable heal packs (replaces grenade slot) acts like a stationary area heal

Deployable recon drones - like Phoenix rockets, but slower and more manoeuvrable - take that to conclusion and have them mountable on a sundy, mobile recon control bus below.

Platoon leader buffs while in a "command sundy" - more/faster cooldown smoke, the recon drones, faster access to orders, region visible waypoints?, a large radar range (model would be a tower that folds up when deployed)

Meh, I want things in this game other than TR getting another OP thing for 6 months.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I want Grible implemented as a gameplay consultant.

Those ideas are all great, particularly like command sundy, whatever the bonuses were, and LA leg grenades (note: replaces legs, meaning you have to fly everywhere).

You know recon drones are in development as an infiltrator tool, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm true, I wouldnt be able to shoot it down at that range quick enough with my skygaurd or AA shoulder launched missle.. Bit unfair I think.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    So I recently bought the Corvus, the "hard hitting" medic rifle and I love it! If you play medic a lot get the HV for close up and this baby for medium and long range (still good in second row close combat though! When running around with squads I actually prefer it to the HV) and you have everything you will ever need. Great weapon!

I also followed your advice and bought the last level of the medic tool . Yeah you were right and I really feel stupid now for not getting this earlier. Such a game-changer!
    Last edited by bonkers; 15-01-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I also followed your advice and bought the last level of the medic tool . Yeah you were right and I really feel stupid now for not getting this earlier. Such a game-changer!
    I think everyone says this. It's quite funny really.

How much is the Corvus?

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    I think everyone says this. It's quite funny really.

How much is the Corvus?
    250 certs, not sure SC (probably 500.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    It is, isn't it? So good...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Individual Weapons (EG CMaster's Nova) by kills:

Weapons (in general) by Auraxiums:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Torokokill must be a complete bastard, glad I'm not NC or TR. Also lol at the mozzie rocketpods in top auraxiums.

Holy fucking shit Artorius.

Also someone has 32k kills with the Thanatos shotty? I can't seem to kill anyone with that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Let's talk about the new ESF weapons. I've tried them all in VR but it's hard to tell how they really work when shooting static targets. I've tried the Coyote's against live opponents and love them. Coyotes are the dumb fire heat seeking missiles. I've found them to be great in dogfights. Ordinarily I die fast in a dog fight but just now I got a few kills using these rockets. They're also really fun to use (very satisfying sound and animation) and can be used against ground targets quite easily since they have a decent projectile speed. Given that they are a secondary and PPA is the absolute god-king of Scythe primaries I think having both of them provides good capabilities against all targets. Having only trialled it I didn't have any upgrades on it but I think lock on time might be useful since it's getting a lot of use in the heat of a face to face dog fight.

Anyone else tried this weapon or one of the other ESF weapons?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Activated Node
    Are the Coyotes that good? I've watched a few videos where they seem to do very little damage.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Given that they are a secondary and PPA is the absolute god-king of Scythe primaries
    I'm sitting on about a thousand certs and was considering getting the rotary, how does the PPA compare to the other noseguns?

Quote Originally Posted by RunningGloves View Post
    Are the Coyotes that good? I've watched a few videos where they seem to do very little damage.

I'm sitting on about a thousand certs and was considering getting the rotary, how does the PPA compare to the other noseguns?
    They don't do masses of damage but ESFs can't take much damage. The important thing is hitting. I have rubbish accuracy in a dog fight and these make it easier to hit. Hence I actually inflict more damage.

The rotary is completely different to the PPA. With the rotary you can kill ESFs effectively, if you have sufficient skill (accuracy). However, killing infantry is MUCH easier with the PPA though can still be done with the rotary. Again it requires significant aiming skill.

I watched a video by MattiAce in which he said "SoE seem to think that lowering the skill bar is going to make the air game more interesting to new pilots. Doesn't make sense to me though". I think this is where he's blindsided. He (and other aces) don't understand why someone like me is excited by weapons that make things easy: it's because it brings us into the game where previously we'd get torn to shreds in seconds. So I'd say take those videos with a pinch of salt. Wrel's generally pretty perceptive but most of the career pilots seem to live in their own little world so their videos aren't so useful to people like me who's love of flying far exceeds their skill.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Holy fucking shit Artorius.

Also someone has 32k kills with the Thanatos shotty? I can't seem to kill anyone with that.
    It was incredibly awesome before the first slug nerf. Was my #1 weapon by then. You could really abuse that thing if you wanted to.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Activated Node
    They don't do masses of damage but ESFs can't take much damage. The important thing is hitting. I have rubbish accuracy in a dog fight and these make it easier to hit. Hence I actually inflict more damage.
    Woah. I've just tried the Coyotes in the VR and I'm pretty amazed at their ability to hit things at point blank range when they're almost out of your screen. Most of my dogfights are pretty much at ramming distances so having something that can hit so easily so close could be useful.

I know the SkyKnights get a bit angsty about changes to ESFs, but I meant that in a few videos I'd seen they just seemed to do very little damage. Not sure if they've been changed since then but they actually seem OK in the VR.

I don't think I'm a fan of the PPA, but I see what you mean about it. I'm trying to focus on ESF fighting at the moment so I think I'll stick to the Saron for now.

One thing I've got to say for this ESF patch is that with everyone trying them out there are a lot of non-Godlike pilots around so us mere mortals can actually get some kills now instead of instantly getting annihilated. It's good fun!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yep indeed, most people went down with 1 shot, it was brilliant. I still use it quite a bit, but its not much a shotgun, its more a rifle like weapon with no kickback.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by RunningGloves View Post
    One thing I've got to say for this ESF patch is that with everyone trying them out there are a lot of non-Godlike pilots around so us mere mortals can actually get some kills now instead of instantly getting annihilated. It's good fun!
    Yeah, I hope it lasts. I'd love for the air game to join in with combined arms a lot more than it has done in the past. On which note, I was thinking I fancy an evening with the Flying Giraffes sometime soon. Would be good to get more of us flying and the whole FOB thing is lots of fun as well.

Wally is now on Steam!

Activated Node
    On which note, I was thinking I fancy an evening with the Flying Giraffes sometime soon.
    I'd be up for that, it's always better when you're not flying solo!