Page 68 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1765
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningGloves View Post
    I'd be up for that, it's always better when you're not flying solo!
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

This coming TVA Friday there will be an air force element lead by Millers very own Purple Baron, Justicia. It's usually comprised of about 2 squads of DIGT ESF pilots and Lib teams (amogst the best on the entire server) but everyone's welcome. Get set up on the TVA TS and join the Combined Ops - Air Force channel. It's full of like minded people who are not only great pilots but also a great laugh.

If we can revive TopGir and migrate it over to the TVA Airforce events then believe me, everyone will be a winner.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    If we can revive TopGir
    I'm now imagining a video of Cephas trying to drive a Sundy up a hill and shouting "I need more powaaaah!".

Network Hub
    I definitely would like to spend more time in the air and not solo, so this all sounds great to me.

I am actually currently trying to get some Lib gunner experience (because my performance doesn't alow me to fly properly). So if someone is is trying to become a better pilot, hit me up. I gun for you.

*edit*
    Great fun for whoever I was shooting NC down today. Coming out of the spawn in nice groups, like shooting fish in a barrel
    Last edited by bonkers; 20-01-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, current opinions on carbines?

I was never exactly in love with the Serpent, and post-nerf I'm actually prett unhappy with it. So what should I be running on my engie as the go-to-standard. (I move a lot, value DPS and do most of my shooting ADS, which immediatley screams Serpent). VX6-7? Solstice? Pulsar?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    So, current opinions on carbines?

I was never exactly in love with the Serpent, and post-nerf I'm actually prett unhappy with it. So what should I be running on my engie as the go-to-standard. (I move a lot, value DPS and do most of my shooting ADS, which immediatley screams Serpent). VX6-7? Solstice? Pulsar?
    I still like the Serpent, I just changed my setup, partly influenced by your posts about the H-V45: I'm now running with Forward Grip. I think it's still great. Besides Forward Grip, SPA, Flash Suppressor, NV or x1.

Pulsar C is also a good option for a Light Assault/ Engineer. I haven't done much tower-stomping with it (I think I prefer the Serpent in towers), but in biolabs I actually prefer it to the Serpent: higher projectile accuracy, higher damage per round, more accurate. Even LA duels in biolabs usually happen across 15m at least, so accuracy is more important than RoF. Forward Grip, HVA, Flash Suppressor, NV or x1.

Solstice SF is still a useful option. Sure, not farming equipment anymore, with the nerf to the UBGL, but it is a very controllable and reliable gun, with a lot of customisation options. UBGL is still useful as support, and UBSL is great for tactical use of smoke. SPA is a must, and I like Flash Suppressor. NV scope.

I haven't used the VX6-7 for a long time, so can't comment there.

I have three main loadouts for my Engie: general anti-infantry, anti-vehicle/ piloting, biolabs/tech plant balconies/point room defences:
    1. AI: Serpent, AI Mana Turret, Proximity Mines. Useful for amp stations, tech plants, general support. In such occasions you run into rooms to repair generators, so you need a more CQC-oriented weapon, but still have to cross some open spaces. Proximity mines to cover your approaches.
    2. AV: Pulsar C, AV Mana Turret, AT Mines. Self explanatory
    3. Biolabs: Solstice SF, AI Mana Turret, Prox or C4. Smoke can be useful, as well as the UBGL: as an engie in such a scenario you are usually busy repairing, no time for careful aim (and if you have that option, the turret is better in these scenarios). Also, other classes (HAs with Lashers, MAXes) do most of the suppression. With UBGL you can just lob grenades at the choke points during repair tool cooldowns, without neglecting your main duties.

On a tangent, as a general note: when your main function as an Engineer is support, there is a procedure to be followed:
    1. The moment you secure the position, lay down your Ammo Pack. The Ammo Pack should be in a safe place, where people won't be caught under fire when they are at their most vulnerable. Behind and a bit to the side of those of us that hold the chokepoint, so we are within its reload radius, close or optimally behind cover.
    2. Deploy your AI turret. Place it by prioritising its use as cover, not as a weapon. So, no obstruction of major firing lanes, complement existing cover.
    3. Focus on repairing, and keeping your Ammo Pack deployed. When repairing, try to avoid firing the Repair Tool until it overheats. When the Repair Tool overheats, there is a pause of 1 second IIRC before it starts to cool down. Better do it in bursts, so it starts cooling down immediately.
    4. If you overheat, switch to your sidearm (faster) or primary (more effective) and do an 180. Check your rear. Always be aware of the fact that an LA or Infil might sneak in behind you. Engies and Medics are priority targets, after all.
    5. When repairing a MAX, stay covered. If there is exposed space between you, and someone has to cross it, the MAX should come to you. When they do, they should face and cover the exposed area, where the most imminent threat will come from. And if they are facing at you when you are repairing them, shout at them profanities (kidding)! You are repairing, they are covering.
    6. If you have the Solstice SF and the UBGL, select a choke point and spam it, without though neglecting your aforementioned duties. Good time to fire is during repair tool cooldowns. Try to establish a rhythm where you are complementing the suppression provided by your fireteam.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 20-01-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Is, as a standard, HVA worth it? I only ever cert for SPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    SPA is always worth it. Extends your maximum damage range by 5m for most small arms (even more for SMGs), so it's also a buff up to mid-range, for a very small reduction of 5% to muzzle velocity.

HVA depends on the player and the weapon. It boosts muzzle velocity, so less leading at range, and extends the minimum damage range, so it is a buff to damage from medium range and on. But it increases vertical recoil, so makes the weapon harder to handle. If the weapon doesn't have much of a vertical recoil and first shot recoil multiplier, it's not so bad.

I only use it on the Pulsar C and Corvus. Pulsar C is a carbine, which have significantly slower muzzle velocities. But it's a mid-long range weapon, so the buff is useful. And I find the vertical recoil of the Pulsar C and the Corvus comfortable enough, as to use HVA without a Compensator.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post

It depends, it's more situational then SPA. Personally I use it to make different weapons feel more like each other. For example I use it on the reaper to give it more of a kick upwards so the recoil feels the same as the gauss saw. That way the skills I have from using the gauss saw I can apply on the reaper.

The extra velocity is nice, but unless you are capable to prepare for the extra kick it will be worthless for most people. The shots you miss due to the higher recoil are more or less the same as you would miss from having slower exit velocity. Are youc apable to compensate, then yes it's an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Personally I use it to make different weapons feel more like each other.
    Nice trick!

Also I found UBGL very good against maxes which you enocunter a lot these days. Usually they get cocky and you can put a grenade to their face when they lurk around corners. Killed quiet a few with this over the last few days. But I don't seem to be able to kill any infantry with it, outside of a lucky hit against someone who wold have died by throwing a stone at him anyway.
    -remove spaces-

So, started using the Thanatos again as I want to Auraxium it and got some good runs with it (after I haven't used it for several months). Now that less people run nanoweave they seem to be in a great spot again. Really deadly close-up. A question though: does the laser sight actually have an effect on shotties? Tried it with an without and wasn't able to tell a difference.
    -remove spaces-

I think it keeps your gun more centered but does nothing for the spread of the pellets itself. I have the Thanatos but I don't use it because I suck with it. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The laser sight must be for slugs. Didn't even realise it was an option on shotties!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Correct me if I am wrong but this is how I understood the shotguns worked.

As you shoot a shotgun within the circle a point is taken as the centre of your shot. From there the spread is calculated of the pellets. With the lasersight the circle from which this centre of shot is taken from is smaller, so your shots should be more accurate.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    always use extended mags on shotguns!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Why? I kinda want to experiment with LS on Sweeper or JH.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Pretty much. Got the laser sight since slugs were awesome and wondered if it would be of any use during tower fight/gal drop shenanigans because when fighting in groups I find myself with plenty of time to reload (especially with the Thanatos) and rarely every running out of... battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but this is how I understood the shotguns worked.

As you shoot a shotgun within the circle a point is taken as the centre of your shot. From there the spread is calculated of the pellets. With the lasersight the circle from which this centre of shot is taken from is smaller, so your shots should be more accurate.
    Might be, but even if: I fail to see my circle getting any smaller.
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    As far as I can tell from some light internetting, there is either no change to the spread of pellets or such a small one as to be negligible. Slugs too seem to be so inaccurate when hip-firing that the laser sight is of little help.

Have not tested it myself though, might be worth spending 20 mins in VR with it just to make sure?