Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1830
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    So. Finished auraxiuming NS-11C.

A decent and strange gun. It's saving grace is indeed 0.75x movement modifier and quite low cone of fire.
    All the attachment options can be viable and sometimes I like going with laser sight and 1x scope and SPA, sometimes, it works great with HVA and grip with 2x RS for midranged combat. 3.4x and higher scopes are terrible TR scopes, so I can't recommend going with them.

Sadly gun lacks character and mostly is not that great on Light assaults. Having such low dps it's not a offensive weapon, semi decent at flanking, good with silencer being annoying at a tower fight, but not very effective.
    It's not too hard to go for headshots, but most of the time, gun feels dealing such low damage it's annoying.

Good at operating behind enemy lines but head to head fight, I'd rather use a pistol.

In CQC, you need to use knife way more, it's a good training weapon for quick knife finishers. Makes you learn flanking and deception way more that just overpowering others. Once you get good with this, going back to low TTK weapon might benefit you a lot. You might miss movement modifier or extra 5 bullets, if you use 143 peashooters, but you can learn to circumvent that.

Getting Razor GD-23 would be better at range and GD-7F overpowers everything at close quarters and NS-11C is not that great at allrounding that much actually compared to other weapons. Unlike NS-15M, which is bit more interesting and offers great accuracy and quite other gameplay for NC, who have quite good amount of high damage LMGs.

Honestly, after auraxiuming NS-11A/C and NS-15M, those guns offer quite niche experience and not really worth picking up compared to Carnage AR (a decent allrounder), Razor GD-23 and GD-22S witch are good allrounders and great for new players to learn with NC recoil practice.

Next impressions: EM1, Carnage AR, GD-23, Reaper DMR and 1 NC weapon of your choice.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Next impressions: EM1, Carnage AR, GD-23, Reaper DMR and 1 NC weapon of your choice.
    GR-22 /tenchar

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    GR-22 /tenchar
    Will have to play around a bit, since I finished auraxiuming it before balance patch, so I don't know how the recoil sway feels. But shouldn't change my main impression:
    Great solo gun for hit and run tactics, not so great as team player gun for attrition warfare.

Works well with either ALS or Grip. Has a great ironsights, which are better than reflex ones due to having smaller offset. HV/NV works on it, SPA is mandatory (probably). Has a tad high skill ceiling due to quite hard recoil pull to the side, but counterable. Up to 10 meters hipfire it, 10-15 ADS doesn't hurt and is a bit more accurate than hipfire. 15+ meters, ADS only, if you want to live another day against a semi decent opponent.

Stick with NC1 or it's variants for team play, use this, when you play as clean up crew.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 11-02-2014 at 05:16 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Reaper DMR
    That one is unneeded, I can already predict what you think of the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    That one is unneeded, I can already predict what you think of the weapon.
    Too many downsides for the positives? Well I still need to play with it, cause compared to ACX, which I auraxiumed before, DMR fits better with what Medic and acomplish and has better synergy with pop out attrition style warfare than NC6 on a heavy.

That is, I still need to finish auraxiuming it for an achievment anyway.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, now that my Sundy has a very nice empty Utility slot, what do I drop in it? Tbh I can't see either smoke or fire suppression being of much use, but perhaps they're unexpectedly awesome.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

I bought the Gate Shield Diffusor for the empty slot - didn't need it 'til now, but I think it can be nice
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Fire suppression is a good option for a battle bus, i.e. when you take your dual-gunned sundy into a fight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    How about Prox radar if you wanna run the squad deployment sundy, sitting in one of the guns while squad mates spawn in?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Fire suppression is awesome.

Especially as it'll save a non-blockade sundy from two C4 bricks.

The only problem is that you need to stick with your sundy. But if you are an AMS driver who just deploys then fucks off then you are doing it very wrong.

Defending your AMS should be a full time job. Treat it as such.

- Proxy mines near the sundy
    - Resupply as infil, drop darts, resupply as engy.
    - Ammo packs near the sundy so returnees need not actually get to the console to re-arm.
    - Hide under the sundy to repir if you need to tank damage.
    - Man turrets constantly to scare off C4 fairies.
    - Setup your AI Manna turret to provide suppressive fire for those spawning at your sundy and pushing out.

(The list was much longer in PS1 what with deployables, but AMS defence in PS2 should be no more of a full time job than it was in PS1).
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    How about Prox radar if you wanna run the squad deployment sundy, sitting in one of the guns while squad mates spawn in?
    Did they increase the range? I used it a while ago but the range simply wasn't sufficient to make it worthwhile. Especially since you need to have a driver for it to work. Maybe at least the later did change?
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    None of the vehicle radars (except maybe the scythe's air coverage one) are worthwhile if you have a max-certed recon dart infil in your squad.

We should always have a max certed recon dart infil in our squads...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    None of the vehicle radars (except maybe the scythe's air coverage one) are worthwhile if you have a max-certed recon dart infil in your squad.

We should always have a max certed recon dart infil in our squads...
    If the crossbows still have the detect darts when they reach live, just about anybody willing to give up their pistol could fill that role.

Well, they are only equal to a Rank 1 dart.
    Sure they provide coverage, but its proably only big enough to cover the room your in.
    I just hope they drasticaly reduce the ammo pool with recon crossbow darts.

The new darts don't last very long, do they?

Incidentally, the new infil deployable looks pretty nice....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Max rank, really? Is that really worth a thousand certs for anyone who doesn't have certs to waste? I find the 500 cert rank to be mostly good enough.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Max rank, really? Is that really worth a thousand certs for anyone who doesn't have certs to waste? I find the 500 cert rank to be mostly good enough.
    Don't worry, infiltrators with max rank recon dart are as easy to find as engineers with max rank ammo pack and max rank turret.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Agreed. Of course the last rank is an improvement but I don't think it will be as good as the last medic tool upgrade. As you can basically spam the darts forever I really don't see the use in getting the last tier. Maybe if they change how dart works (like not being able to spam them) but that's SOE we are talking about. It's more likely they change them in a way which makes them completely useless.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Half-arsedly saving up for it at the moment. Only about 800 more certs to go!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Stalker cloak and the new crossbow make for interesting times.