Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1765
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    According to Reddit, this one has a burst mode that is actually good. The gun is going to behave like the SABR TR assault rifle, which is a very good and unique gun. The way it works is that the first shot recoil multiplier is lower than 1, which makes the grouping of the two bullets very tight. I don't know how it will distinguish itself from the Corvus/CME though, since they are both freakishly smooth and accurate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The flavour text suggests close-medium range, but the way you describe it sounds much more like a long range weapon. Wouldn't be the first time the description is completely at odds with a weapon's strengths. Have never tried the SABR, might have a go with it in VR.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I wish, I could get onto PTS, to try them out, but since it's suprise maintenance day today, I'm bit frustrated, that I can't even update it :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

The new assault rifles are pretty interesting and seem to add new dimensions to the current arsenals. It is also fun that they all bring new sounds to the game.

TR gets an all-round gun with a high rate of fire. It seems good at both close and long ranges. It is probably the least interesting one though.

NC gets a 200 dmg rifle with the odd 469 rpm rate of fire. It has more dps than the Corvus, but also a bit more recoil. The two-round burst is pretty insane on this weapon. The burst seems to be controllable and effectively turns the weapon into a 15-round magazine version of the semi-auto sniper rifles (400 dmg max/334 damage minimum). Perhaps it does not work as well on the battlefield, but it sure seems like the NC have received a nice long range alternative.

VS gets a 143 dmg SABR-13, i.e. an accurate two-round burst fire rifle for longer ranges. However, the rate of fire is pretty high (nominally 769, but in practice more like 675-700, depending on the timing of the trigger pull), which could make it somewhat competitive at closer ranges, especially with a laser sight. The sound effect has the right amount of pew-pew and I will definitely pick this up and give it a whirl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    So I have to take back my comments about the Eidolon. Spent a few hours with it today and it's actually quiet good. Tried it in different ranges from short to long and was impressed how well the gun performed. It just needs some getting used too.
    But does anyone know how big of an effect attachments like the grip and compensator have? I tried almost all attachments but I am still not sure which attachments to use. I'll search the YouTubes for some videos but most of them seem to be pretty old.

On a slightly less related news: really dislike the Commissioner. I just cant get any kills with that thing. I actually moved back to using the Beamer in most of my loadouts. Should have gotten the Manticore instead. I will give it another try in the coming week but I really don't see me using it anymore. It feels awesome in VR but it's a completely different beast when used in the field.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    On a slightly less related news: really dislike the Commissioner. I just cant get any kills with that thing. I actually moved back to using the Beamer in most of my loadouts. Should have gotten the Manticore instead. I will give it another try in the coming week but I really don't see me using it anymore. It feels awesome in VR but it's a completely different beast when used in the field.
    I found this at first, switching from Manticore to Underboss/Commissioner. I found that I just had to change how I used the weapon. The standard VS pistols are quick finishing weapons, where you can rapidfire a damaged enemy to death when you need a reload on your primary.

The NS Revolvers have to pace their shots more, and reward accuracy over spamming the fire button. They can still finish an enemy, but also don't just tickle opponents. The Commi can one-shot an Infiltrator with a headshot. They complement shotguns/SMGs well (since you have reliable damage beyond 10m), they play well as Infiltrator, and if you have damaged an enemy, there's good odds of killing them in one hit.

So I have to take back my comments about the Eidolon. Spent a few hours with it today and it's actually quiet good. Tried it in different ranges from short to long and was impressed how well the gun performed. It just needs some getting used too.
    But does anyone know how big of an effect attachments like the grip and compensator have? I tried almost all attachments but I am still not sure which attachments to use. I'll search the YouTubes for some videos but most of them seem to be pretty old.
    This video is pretty up to date. For attachments use Laser sight, Flash suppressor, HVA and any scope you like (I use 4x). Other attachments not worth it by comparison.

Yeah, seems to be pretty much the latest one but also still accurate.
    I have pretty much everything unlocked for the Eidolon (because I was young and didn't know better as I own this gun since pretty much forever) so I have several loadouts for now depending on the scenario. For long engagement I actually use the grip and compensator as the scope seems to settle a little bit faster which helps with counter-sniping and long ranges in general. But the setup Wrel uses seems to be the best of both worlds (when you don't know what you will be facing or know that the scenario will change). It's pretty much what I found myself using most of the time (flash, hva, 4x, laser). Good to know that I did it right for once
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I really didn't get on with the Underboss either at first. The trick is to give it enough time to settle between shots, you cannot just spam like the Beamer. At some point it clicked and I love it. You can accurately fire pretty fast and dropping someone at 50 metres, fleeing from you, with a well judged hipfire shot is great.

Also 1 shot + knife for instant kill is amusing.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 11-05-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Also 1 shot + knife for instant kill is amusing.
    Since the knife-nerf it has to be a headshot though.

Network Hub
    Yeah, seems to be pretty much the latest one but also still accurate.
    I have pretty much everything unlocked for the Eidolon (because I was young and didn't know better as I own this gun since pretty much forever) so I have several loadouts for now depending on the scenario. For long engagement I actually use the grip and compensator as the scope seems to settle a little bit faster which helps with counter-sniping and long ranges in general. But the setup Wrel uses seems to be the best of both worlds (when you don't know what you will be facing or know that the scenario will change). It's pretty much what I found myself using most of the time (flash, hva, 4x, laser). Good to know that I did it right for once
    The advantage that the Eidolon has over scout rifles is that its hipfire is surprisingly not that awful, so with a laser you can shoot with some confidence at near-ish ranges, which makes it really flexible if you choose your engagements well. Otherwise, the Vandal is unfortunately better in every other way, and its popularity makes using the Eidolon in mid-range pretty much suicidal these days.
    Last edited by Eleven; 12-05-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: rogue apostrophes

The scout rifles are also hurt by the Vandal's popularity.

Nowadays, whenever I pull my Nyx, I get popped by Vandals in the closer ranges and straight pull bolt actions in the longer ranges. Maybe I'm doing it wrong (I tend to use 2x, suppressor on my Nyx).

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    the Vandal is unfortunately better in every other way, and it's popularity makes using the Eidolon in mid-range pretty much suicidal these days.
    Yeah. Most of my WTF? moments during the weekend have been when playing HA+Eidolon and meeting a Vandal, even close up. That gun is just nuts.
    -remove spaces-

I just tried the new Terminus assault rifle in PTS VR. I like it. A lot. Considering getting it, even though I don't play medic often. And already have the Corvus and H-V45. It feels really good. Nice sounds as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Yeah. Most of my WTF? moments during the weekend have been when playing HA+Eidolon and meeting a Vandal, even close up. That gun is just nuts.
    I've been enjoying the vandal lately. Up close it handles surprisingly similarly to the underboss, but with 15 shots per mag. What helped me with it was not fixating on particular kills. So if the enemy spots you then stop shooting immediately and relocate. Probably good advice for any weapon but something that I need to discipline myself to do more often.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Terminus tweaks. May be the form it hits live in?
    Last edited by CMaster; 13-05-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well. It's still a burst weapon :/ Least you won't need to break your fingers spamming it. You'll need to break you fingers at bit over 4.3 clicks per second.

Here: http://www.brainbashers.com/10seconds.asp try, if you can be using this to full potential.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

I'm having trouble with oversampling of the Terminus now. I looked forward to the weapon as a two-round very accurate burst, but now it is just a very slight variation of the Equinox Burst, which is cheaper. Incredibly boring, SOE.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Well. It's still a burst weapon :/ Least you won't need to break your fingers spamming it. You'll need to break you fingers at bit over 4.3 clicks per second.

Here: http://www.brainbashers.com/10seconds.asp try, if you can be using this to full potential.
    58 clicks in 10 seconds. I'm ready for the Terminus click-spam MLG!

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    58 clicks in 10 seconds. I'm ready for the Terminus click-spam MLG!
    Still not MLG enough for the Beamer! That thing requires 7.5 clicks per second to unleash its full RPM of 451.