Page 9 of 91 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    VS indeed lacks a theme and direction. Vanu needs a design revamp. It seems SOE doesn't think so though.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Right they cannot fire, give me that shield. Screw mobility its a "#€"#€" max suit. Give me damagesoaking abilities its what I am there for, I do not really care if I don't get any kills. If I break through into a room and draw fire so the rest of the squad can kill them thats the real win in my book. But walking into a room and get insta gibbed by a mine or killed in a few seconds by an enemy max? Yeah screw that.

I would gladly sacrifice one weapon arm for a big ass shield, Assault Terminator style.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    I would gladly sacrifice one weapon arm for a big ass shield, Assault Terminator style.
    That would be so fucking awesome. Re: VS max ability, double burster + large damage boost = OP? You are rarely under much fire when burstering, seems like a straight buff that could make VS bursters stupidly deadly.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I reckon active tanking could be an even bigger thing than it is now. activate ability, throw 2 engies per max on 5 maxes, clear rooms. Unless the balancing will be retarded and maxes will die to single rockets/dont do significantly more damage.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    That would be so fucking awesome. Re: VS max ability, double burster + large damage boost = OP? You are rarely under much fire when burstering, seems like a straight buff that could make VS bursters stupidly deadly.
    The TR ability might be even more useful for that really. But then NS weapons should not be affected by the max abilities imho. They are not built for that max and should be affected by the max suit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    VS indeed lacks a theme and direction. Vanu needs a design revamp. It seems SOE doesn't think so though.
    Yeah. In PS1 it was "all the alien shit and purple"

We lack the alien shit in PS2. Unless alien = lasers. Which is lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Been a lot of discussions about that on Reddit recently with great mockups of transhumanist helmets. One dude said it best "you should wonder if they are human under there". Sums up VS. No goddamn transparent visors that look like shit..

I've linked them to Luperza on Twitter and she has favorited them all, dunno what that means, but probably that she will check it out at some time (neat way to keep track of community stuff to get back to I'm guessing).
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Been a lot of discussions about that on Reddit recently with great mockups of transhumanist helmets. One dude said it best "you should wonder if they are human under there". Sums up VS. No goddamn transparent visors that look like shit..

I've linked them to Luperza on Twitter and she has favorited them all, dunno what that means, but probably that she will check it out at some time (neat way to keep track of community stuff to get back to I'm guessing).
    Yeah, the dev teams seem to 'favourite' reddit threads and then go through them to cherry pick good ideas.

It's often worth tweeting specific people rather than the catch-all that Higby is.

I just wish their UI person was on twitter because of all the little things that can so very easily be improved to make the quality of play on an everyday basis better it;'s the god fucking damn awful UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    I can't blame them though. The Planetside subreddit seems less toxic than the forums.

I'd like to see a Vanu Max with a lightning whip and a shield. I think theres a place for melee maxs.

It'd be a more interesting game if fighting the different factions was a much more distinct experience. I think it would be quite entertaining if the Vanu did all kinds of weird inexplicable crap. Might make the game less accessible though. Despite the fact that the game is already very inaccessible this seems to be the guiding thought in the devs minds.

The Planetside subreddit is rather good actually.

And yeah, I only tweet to Luperza as she is very much Vanu and cares for that. She is also the community relations person these days so she is the one to go to since it is her job to check that. I don't know how the fuck Higby has the time to design anything.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, he must be totally stressed out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    I can't blame them though. The Planetside subreddit seems less toxic than the forums.
    Isn't stupidity on reddit usually hidden by downvotes?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Yesterday as some point we were pushing the enemy out of a territory (forgive me for not remembering which) and I switched to infiltrator to cover a group of ours we were flushing out the hills. Using my freshly acquired Parallax I found that I hit absolutely nothing... Seems it takes some getting used to using sniper rifles in this game. It was also hard to figure out how much bullet-drop there is because I often couldn't spot the trajectory of the bullet.
    "Time is a companion, travelling with us on the journey of life, to remind us to cherish each moment as it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frengler View Post
    Yesterday as some point we were pushing the enemy out of a territory (forgive me for not remembering which) and I switched to infiltrator to cover a group of ours we were flushing out the hills. Using my freshly acquired Parallax I found that I hit absolutely nothing... Seems it takes some getting used to using sniper rifles in this game. It was also hard to figure out how much bullet-drop there is because I often couldn't spot the trajectory of the bullet.
    Under 150 meters try just aim to the head. Maybe couple milimeteres above it. Had same issues with longshot at trials.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frengler View Post
    Assuming that you are on the same level or slightly higher:

Under 100, if you're not using a Suppressor, you don't even have to hold shift - just aim for the head. From 150-200 aim for the head, holding shift, moving your crosshairs towards the top of their head, as the distance grows and as Bankrotas suggested. From 200-350, aim 1/2-1 1 1/2 mildots below the crosshair (sometimes 2, but that is rare - all the above assuming you're using the x12 scope). And something funny, if they're up on a hill or cliff, about 100-150 m tall, and you're almost directly below them, you have to compensate 1/2-1 mildot above the crosshair (the projectile follows a balistic trajectory and the scope is calibrated for long, for this game, distances)!

As you fire, watch where your shots land. If you're watching one miss, pay attention on which mildot it landed on. That is your compensation.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    My only tip for this is, go to VR training, kit out whatever stuff you want (suppressors, and scopes) na dtry firing against some of the troopers spawned out to the east of the spawn building. That's how I learnt to aim with my sniper rifle. Easy to see how large a dude is compared to your mildots, and how high you need to aim to pull off the shot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    As you fire, watch where your shots land. If you're watching one miss, pay attention on which mildot it landed on. That is your compensation.
    That's actually super helpful. Thanks.

I find it almost impossibly to actually support using a sniper rifle. Almost all my kills are on stationary targets, so it only really becomes effective when you can get a view on an entrenched enemy position, where lots of them stay still behind cover. As soon as the majority of enemies are moving I find it impossible to hit anything. Did do some useful sniping the other day when some heavies were giving vehicles grief from an inaccessible cliff top - they always seem to stand still to aim, so it's just a matter of waiting for them to pop their heads out. Mana AV turrets are another target that it's genuinely helpful to snipe (just make sure you have some cover in case they start shooting back).

And yeah, the parallax's bullet drop is tiny, apart from at maximum render distance, where it is basically one mildot on my 10x scope. Aiming at a significant up or down angle greatly reduces the amount of apparent drop too.

Great advice from everyone, thanks! It does indeed seem that the Parallax has way less bullet-drop than ye olde normal snipers from other shooters. That, coupled with an extremely high velocity, was probably the reason I couldn't hit moving nor stationary targets very well. Gonna have to head to VR and practice on distant terrain to get used to the trajectory.

I find it almost impossibly to actually support using a sniper rifle.
    It's not impossible though but it depends how you define support. The way I see it the infiltrator can help the team in multiple ways. With the cloaking and a sniper it isn't neccesarily by pew pew'ing but as a forward scout that relays info to a squad while it's attacking. As far as shooty bang-bang goes you can still help by taking out valuable stationary targets. Here I am not just thinking about turrets but I've noticed that many enemy medics remains stationary while healing and especially while reviving.
    "Time is a companion, travelling with us on the journey of life, to remind us to cherish each moment as it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived."

I want to add that since the smoke grenades dont really work anymore Ive switched to the NS 11c, and Im loving it. I put on long range stuff and its a dream to take out middle to short range enemies.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."