Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    So are RPS taking a direct approach of "DELETE EVERYTHING!!" now when it comes to things on the front page?

For those who don't know what I'm on about, coupled with Mr.Walkers previous article in which he told us all not to be making bad comments about women (fair), those comments where all deleted leaving us all confused.

Now Mr.Walker uploaded an incorrect story in which he expressed his annoyance that Gearbox had released some new DLC, that wasn't part of the Season Pass and would cost $5, but they would give it to all season pass holders for free anyway. When this was pointed out to him, he accused those who pointed this out of being "furious" in their defence.

The article has since been deleted, after (possibly because) Mr.Walker was suggested to change it or just slap an update on it saying his comments about it not being free where incorrect.

Apart from the part about it not being free, it was actually an article fitting of being on the front page.

I've also noticed there was a topic removed from the forums too, a rather stupid topic but wouldn't locking it be better as that puts a point of "this kinda crap isn't accepted here" as opposed to brushing it away and now possibly someone else will come along and make a similar topic, having not seen the first?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I've also noticed there was a topic removed from the forums too, a rather stupid topic but wouldn't locking it be better as that puts a point of "this kinda crap isn't accepted here" as opposed to brushing it away and now possibly someone else will come along and make a similar topic, having not seen the first?
    If you shit in my house I'm not going to leave your turd on my rug as an example of the kind of thing I don't like people doing in my living room. The thread was obnoxious and the forum is better without it, especially with the word 'Locked' next to it as an invitation to read it.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah that Borderlands thing was a bit weird.

like Ive said countless times before, john should write about other things for a short while and leave all the new annoyances to the others for a month or so.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Anyway of seeing the original article?

I guess there's google cache.
    steam: sketch

Network Hub
    I dunno but John's response on twitter is quite amazing. Did anyone else following that article see "swathes of hate"? Is it another case of deleted comments? Because I'm having trouble seeing what has got John so incensed (again). Unless pointing out John was wrong is considered an insult in his eyes?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    There was no swathes of hate, just most of the comments pointed out that the new dlc was free as the season pass was only to include four story dlcs for the price of three. That's it.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Owl
    People are paid according to their productivity, stop white knighting and let the free market regulate itself.
    #1reasonwhyoureconomywontprogress
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walker
    Fuck off.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...is-horrendous/
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Yeah he's getting pretty annoyed on Twitter about it...

@botherer
    If you don't want people to point out factual inaccuracies in your articles do your research next time..#

@bit_crusherrr I'll tell you what. Why don't you fuck off as far as it's possible for any human to fuck off?]

Hmmm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    There has been a campaign of unwarranted criticism against John for months, and I was beginning to suspect we had been infiltrated by a group hell-bent on making him slip. Every little thing he says is dissected and picked apart to absurd proportions as only the Internet can do. I certainly didn't see what these doubters were blabbing about.

Till lately, now that John is practically foaming at the mouth. Go on a holiday for god sake.

Here's the article if anyone wants to read it, though if I'm breaking a rule by posting it here then obviously I'll redact it:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Could someone explain what was wrong? I haven't followed the game since release.
    Last edited by Sketch; 04-04-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That's John's only response though... some idiot makes an idiot comment, John tells him to "f*ck off". But John doesn't seem to be engaging with the masses and masses of comments, that are, quite calmly, pointing out the problems with the statistics in that article. That's a very poor show... combined with deleting the Borderlands 2 article due to 'swathes of hate', when it seems RPS posted an inaccurate story, it's even worse.

John's twitter feed has been quite amusing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    There has been a campaign of unwarranted criticism against John for months
    I'm-a let you finish. But you are right, he should be free to write what he likes, and if people don't like it them can just
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walker
    Fuck off.
    and go to their own blogs, where they can delete peoples comments if they don't like them (honestly, I suggest posts need validation to be visible, but whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    There has been a campaign of unwarranted criticism against John for months, and I was beginning to suspect we had been infiltrated by a group hell-bent on making him slip. Every little thing he says is dissected and picked apart to absurd proportions as only the Internet can do. I certainly didn't see what these doubters were blabbing about.

Till lately, now that John is practically foaming at the mouth. Go on a holiday for god sake.
    To be fair his Borderlands article was inaccurate, he responded by throwing his toys out of his pram instead of just going "I misunderstood what the season pass was, my bad."

Network Hub
    But it was just a normal article. And people just pointed out an inaccuracy. It hardly warrants going off the deep end. Post an update correcting your mistake and leave it at that? But no, he had to go into the comments and accuse everyone of "furiously defending" their season pass, when no one was doing anything like that. Then the whole thing gets deleted.

It's plain weird. Of all the things to get riled up about.

John also seems to have omitted this graph from the Gender Pay Gap article...

Seems a bit strange, as he's included all of the other graphs from the Borderhouse post. Surely just an oversight and he can "amend" the article with it.
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_crusherrr View Post
    To be fair his Borderlands article was inaccurate, he responded by throwing his toys out of his pram instead of just going "I misunderstood what the season pass was, my bad."
    My second paragraph might as well of not existed at all, for all the notice being taken of it.

Poor male programmers/Engineers the oppressed majority. AM I DOING IT RITE?

Obscure Node
    The one-sided fervor and zeal of the recent gender articles is pretty uninteresting and redundant. I wish they would consolidate their thoughts into an editorial post or something every week.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFrank View Post
    The one-sided fervor and zeal of the recent gender articles is pretty uninteresting and redundant. I wish they would consolidate their thoughts into an editorial post or something every week.
    Maybe a monthly thing, bi-annual?