Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Two water nations: eek. There goes my lazy turtle plan.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    The problem is that most maps I found are either all land or 1 water location. Most could still have 1-2 water nations but the risk is that it could end up being a little to unbalanced to be fun. I don't mind if the map is a little out of balance, but you don't want to start the game knowing your at a major disadvantage.

Maybe one of the more experienced players could explain it better.

Also, on alliances, non agression packts, etc. I would suggest that everything that is in this topic and publicly know is binding. All that is not publicly known is not binding.

Activated Node
    I'd like to join if there is space, I haven't decided on a side at all though.

and your in, it's as simple as that.

Network Hub
    Bering, Fixed has 2 water starts. I assume it is wrap around otherwise the south west position is a bit cut off. Sauromatia would be my first pick. Failing that I'll go for Abysia.

Looks good, one problem, 7 player map, we have 8. *le sigh*

Either someone sacrefices himself to the almighty void, or we keep looking....

Network Hub
    AorOrc302 has 7 land and 2 water starts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    There's Blackwald for 7 land and 2 water. Also Urraparand, Bladelands and Antilarium 4 might be ok. I'll let the more experienced players decide.

Allright, I say we go for Blackwald (7+2) first and if enough people sign up we go for Antilarium (9+3)

Network Hub
    If yall still have a slot I'd love to play. Complete Dominions noob here, though I've been practicing/reading the wiki.

See first post :P

Network Hub
    Thanks. I've been digging Vanheim and Arcoscephale(sp?) for EA. Where do you recommend for actually purchasing the game, as up until now I've been practicing with a high-seas copy? Figured I'd wait to pay until I knew I'd have something to play with other than the awful AI.

edit: bought the game off GG
    Last edited by Eschatos; 03-04-2013 at 10:59 PM.

How are we supposed to pick races? Announce it in the thread or write you a PM?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschatos View Post
    Thanks. I've been digging Vanheim and Arcoscephale(sp?) for EA. Where do you recommend for actually purchasing the game, as up until now I've been practicing with a high-seas copy? Figured I'd wait to pay until I knew I'd have something to play with other than the awful AI.
    It's 19 on Gamersgate, you missed the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    How are we supposed to pick races? Announce it in the thread or write you a PM?
    like all the others, just announce. PM someone if he or she picked a nation you really really liked and work something out. I think mostly first come first serve works rather well.

I was wondering because there might be such a thing as counterpicks in this game, but anyway: I will play Caldeum.

As the locations are random there is no hard counter pick possible. You never know who your neighbours are.

Also, as we have mostly newer players it might be wise to agree on some kind of friendly start? I know rushing might be the best option for some nations, but we can all agree upon not to rush to victory.

Besides that, this might be usefull as it contains all units, spells, items etc for the CBM mod. There is also a version for the base game, but as we play CBM I post that one here. Makes it easier to see what stuff does.

http://dom3-mod-inspector.googlecode...?mod=CB1.94.dm

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Also, as we have mostly newer players it might be wise to agree on some kind of friendly start? I know rushing might be the best option for some nations, but we can all agree upon not to rush to victory.

Besides that, this might be usefull as it contains all units, spells, items etc for the CBM mod. There is also a version for the base game, but as we play CBM I post that one here. Makes it easier to see what stuff does.

http://dom3-mod-inspector.googlecode...?mod=CB1.94.dm
    I don't see a problem with a new player who doesn't really know what they're doing rushing another new player who doesn't really know that (s)he's doing. There's a healthy dose of randomness in the game and if a player wants to go for an all or nothing risky strategy, then fine. In many ways, early wars are more fun anyway, as everything is a lot simpler and more manageable. A lot less inventory management, making sure the right heroes have the right items etc.

Just as long as we don't have any minmaxing experts who'll take everybody else to pieces.

Good point, I agree it will not be needed then.

Also, people start picking your nation, first come first serve