Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Strong opinions there from the excellently named and avatared feersum endjinn on New Vegas Interiors. So bear that in mind if you're thinking of New Vegas Interiors I guess.

Anyone tried out the Project: Brazil mod yet? I haven't but it looks like it has the potential to take game modding in general to a whole new level of quality:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45138

I couldn't get the script extender to work in my first playthrough of the game which stopped a lot of mods from working. Somehow it is conflicting with Steam. I'll have to mess around and try to get it working sometime so I can try out some of these mods.
    Last edited by iridescence; 31-03-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Strong opinions there from the excellently named and avatared feersum endjinn on New Vegas Interiors. So bear that in mind if you're thinking of New Vegas Interiors I guess.
    Opinions about video games should always be stated as pompously as possible.

It isn't a very good mod though, which is a shame because the creator(s) obviously did put a lot of effort into it.

Ill add some mods that hopefully will pique your interest.

Wendy Gilbert: This is the best companion mod imho.
    Caesars New Regime - Legion Overhaul: If your a fan of Caesar
    Bingles melee Complete: Some wacky and cool melee weapons

Quest Mods:
    Tales from the Burning Sands
    Deimos
    Dog City Denver

If your a masochist you should try Harder Than You it gives special abilities to animals and other creatures in the wasteland. (If you think Cazadores are tough. You dont want to encounter them when using this mod) I think this mod also make the feral ghouls to rise again unless you headshot or disintegrate them.

And who cares about hats if you can have mask.

Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Activated Node
    I've tried on 3 occasions to get into FO:NV and thanks to this thread i'm actually playing the game

Cheers

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by feersum endjinn View Post
    Opinions about video games should always be stated as pompously as possible.
    I will remember this for the future and apply it to my life.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Started NV a while back but will add some of these mods in. Thanks!
    Truth aint gonna change the way you lie, Youth aint gonna change the way you die

Some mods I always end up using (sorry, no links, this PC doesn't like nexus very much)

- Misc item icons -- does what it says; it adds icons for all those miscellaneous items. Just for that little bit extra flavour
    - Magazines reworked -- If you don't like the way the magazines work, you can use this mod to permanently increase each stat with a magazine. It is a wee bit overpowered, but I don't really care :)
    - More from plants -- harvest a bit more from plants

Will add more later!
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Thanks for all of these. Started a new NV run through with mods installed after a lvl 15 vanilla go.

These add a lot more flavour!

One thing that I also found interesting is the Dynamic Time Scale mod, which adjusts the time scale depending on whether you are in combat, travelling, or inside buildings (just examples). I remember having some troubles with the mod causing game crashes back when I first tried it - the game froze when you started a new game with the mod enabled (inside the Doc's house where you awake). Simply disabling the mod and re-enabling it after that first sequence solved this issue though.

I would like to recommend these 2 nostalgia filled variants of the pipboy:

Pip-Boy 2500 Handheld version, uses NVSE
    Pip-Boy 2500A Arm mounted thru a wristband, as the Pip-Boy 2000 Plus that was designed for Van Buren / Fallout Tactics.

And as a bonus, a high res texture set for em:
    Pip-Boy 2500 Hi-Res Retexture Just replace the default ones and install.
    Last edited by Battle Programmer Spike; 03-04-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    So I finally got round to downloading all this stuff (well, a lot of it is queued in my brain), and my god is it amazing. The street lamps at night are just stunning, as is all the lush vegetation. One downside is that pop-in is far more noticeable now because trees just ping into existence, but that's forgiveable when you consider how good they look. It's a shame I took the Early Bird trait because I won't be outside at night much, but I think I'll force myself to not fast travel (is there a mod to disable it by any chance? Hardcore doesn't stop you, does it? It's been a couple of years since I last played far enough to fast travel...) to make it that much more realistic.

sonson, could I please be cheeky and ask if you could post a screenshot of your load order so I can compare notes please? Thank you again for this thread, I really can't wait to get back into it with all these improvements.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    New Project Brazil update
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout-3-...release-beyond
    Just wow. The amount of work they are doing by hand is staggering. I guess Bethesda keeps all the good tools for them.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Well, all of those tools are licensed (with some exceptions, like the ability to make new skills instead of replacing the ones that are already in the game with the toolset/editor, damn you, bethesda, damn you) so it kinda stands to reason :P.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Anyone tried out the Project: Brazil mod yet? I haven't but it looks like it has the potential to take game modding in general to a whole new level of quality:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45138

I couldn't get the script extender to work in my first playthrough of the game which stopped a lot of mods from working. Somehow it is conflicting with Steam. I'll have to mess around and try to get it working sometime so I can try out some of these mods.
    Just noticed the beta of Project Brazil was released today. Downloading 1.2GB now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    Could we have a copy of your load order sonson? I'm having no luck here and I really, genuinely, lack the patience to spend any more time pissing about with it :/

It's strange i've recently had an urge to get back into Fallout. It's my favorite ever game series yet I always put off replaying it (it's been so long since I originally completed them!) I've always been in the mind that Fallout 3 was a better game, there's no denying I loved exploring the maze-like Washington DC, but the more I think about New Vegas the more I remember so many good moments. And that Project Brazil mod adds a completely new game world to explore! Plus I never played the expansions, especially Old World Blues.

God it's time to play it again!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    This guide is oddly missing the excellent Mission Mojave (and it's companion mod), which is a pure bugfixing mod (with it's companion mod adding some things, mainly cut content and other very subtle stuff). It makes New Vegas a whole lot more stable (skyscraper building without supports levels of stable) and I highly recommend those two mods for a first time playtrough (And every playtrough after that).

There's also New Vegas Enhanced Content, which used to be like Mission Mojave, except that they started to go overboard with adding stuff, and basically became one MASSIVE mod of DOOM. I personally don't like it (it adds too much stuff IMO), but it's a very stable way of adding new content into the game.
    Combine it with A World of Pain (NVEC's compatability patch makes the mod a lot less imbalanced), and you're settled for quite a massive amount of extra content with minimum hassle.

Finally, there's Puce Mooce's Tales of the burning sands, which is an excellent quest mod. Don't worry about the page saying that it's chapter two (or three very soon!), since all the previous chapters are included in the download.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 07-07-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's mine - pretty stable so far.

The only glitch is on changing weapons in combat in a corridor or enclosed space - and then only sometimes and not with hotkeys...
    Last edited by Ethelred; 08-07-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: teeny tiny image