Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar

Frozen Synapse League - Season 19

Sign-ups for Season 19 are now open!

I'm open to suggestions about which mode we should play. Light Extermination is most likely on current votes. I'm also going to remove from the roster anyone who didn't turn up last season - that's Scozzers, Hammers, Raeynn and Gtsbaby - unless they post in this thread that they're back!

If you would like to take part please do three things:

1) Add yourself to this list. Vote for your preferred game mode while you're there.

2) PM your email address to me (optional, but it will be very useful if I need to give you a nudge). I will not disclose it to anyone else, except maybe WombatDeath or whoever takes over admin duties after me, and even then only with your permission. If you have previously PM'd your address to WombatDeath in an earlier season please consider sending it to me too.

3) Click here to go to the RPS forum settings and edit the 'Private Messaging' section so that you get an email and/or a popup when someone (e.g. me) sends you a PM.

Season 19 will begin on Wednesday the 3rd of April and will last until the 21st, so please don't sign up if you expect to be unavailable for that period. Rules will be explained in this thread before the season kicks off.

New and old players are all welcome! No experience required, and weaponry will be provided. Sign up!
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Huzzah!

I'm curious, what was the tie-breaker between my Russian friend and me last season? The fact that he defeated me?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

It was just because bonuswavepilot played his match against BigBobr and no others. I awarded a single point for a default win, while Bobr got the 100 points for an actual win.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Makes sense.

I'll get you this season, my Russian nemesis!
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Makes sense.

I'll get you this season, my Russian nemesis!
    Oh, I'm here all right . Can't wait for yet another great match, my friend!

Just remember: Revenge is a dish best served cold! I think the fact that I'm freezing my butt off in Siberia gives me a slight edge there I can't fight the feeling that this is what you see from your window while playing synapse in California:
    how-to-make-california-dream-cocktail.WidePlayer.jpg
    Last edited by BigBobr99; 04-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Quite looking forward to Light Extermination. The tactical challenge is different but no less severe ....

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    I'm also going to remove from the roster anyone who didn't turn up last season - that's Scozzers, Hammers, Raeynn and Gtsbaby - unless they post in this thread that they're back!
    Also Maetco - I forgot he never showed.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Also Maetco - I forgot he never showed.
    Hey! I finished 1 match (which actually was against you) before I got ill. I'll accept a relegation for it but not a banishment.

I am kind of curious for light extermination. I believe i have never played a single round of light in multiplayer.
    Avid player of SMITE.
    Check the thread if you look for someone to play with.
    And in case you do not yet play but want to give it a shot (beeing free and all that) i would be gracious if you would consider my referal link.

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    I am kind of curious for light extermination. I believe i have never played a single round of light in multiplayer.
    ditto

I never liked light games but we shall see how it goes I guess. I find playing light games makes people less likely to move from cover.

This should be interesting as its the first time I've signed up for this. Light extermination is always less tactical since you can't hide but being able to run and gun more often will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltrouble View Post
    This should be interesting as its the first time I've signed up for this. Light extermination is always less tactical since you can't hide but being able to run and gun more often will be fun.
    I don't agree that it's less tactical - it's just a different type of challenge. Dark is more about hiding and spotting, Light is more about bluffing and carefully constructing your turns (i.e. using two mooks to distract a sniper while a third gets a kill shot)

Quote Originally Posted by CherryPhosphate View Post
    I don't agree that it's less tactical - it's just a different type of challenge. Dark is more about hiding and spotting, Light is more about bluffing and carefully constructing your turns (i.e. using two mooks to distract a sniper while a third gets a kill shot)
    I actually have to support smalltrouble on this one. Light imo is less tactical because it's more about psychology. I've said before that Dark is something like 40 %, tactics 40 % psychology and 20 % general gameplay knowledge. I would say that Light is about 20 % tactics, 60 % psychology and 20 % general gameplay knowledge.

I don't tend to play light because there's less "oh god where is my enemy" but when I do, I actually tend to really enjoy it, so I'm looking forward to this!

Network Hub
    Light is just a very different type of game!
    I'm in!
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

It may be moot, anyway. Dark Charge has edged into the lead.

Edited to reflect that I was being stupid and have now updated my preferences on the spreadsheet to have +1 on LEX and DEX and -1 on LUP and DUP.
    Last edited by CherryPhosphate; 30-03-2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: doh!

I'm in for light extermination

Activated Node
    No, no, no!!! Onlynot LEx or Charge! Relegation already waits me! Still i want keep there for that season, but it will be difical! Sorry again for bad spelling some words!

I just started playing Frozen Synapse and am interested. How often are the games going to be?