Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I was sure you had to survive until the end of the turn... Don't know where I got that idea from, but I guess I was wrong.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Activated Node
    I expected too that you had to stay in there for a certain amount of time and survive to the end of the turn, like in Charge and Secure. Couldn't find any description of what is supposed to happen either, but it seems that once a guy has entered the other side looses no matter what.

EDIT: Would be interesting to know what happens when both players enter the opposing box in the same turn. Probably the player entering first...
    Last edited by Zlabi; 16-04-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VitBeaver View Post
    As I can remember The capture happens imidianatly, so I even could just run there and than run away, but I don't sure!
    (...)
    This is how it works. You can dip in and leave, you will still win.
    Avid player of SMITE.
    Check the thread if you look for someone to play with.
    And in case you do not yet play but want to give it a shot (beeing free and all that) i would be gracious if you would consider my referal link.

Well, for how things are going in my match it can be Col's win of the season. your gunner must be all covered in debris but very much alive after that rocket..

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    This is how it works. You can dip in and leave, you will still win.
    That's pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotem View Post
    Well, for how things are going in my match it can be Col's win of the season. your gunner must be all covered in debris but very much alive after that rocket..
    Probably my only win. Although I could still blow it if I tried. I have to say I thought that guy was dead - I was very surprised when I still had him the next turn.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 16-04-2013 at 11:52 PM.

indeed Col defeated gotem in match 689431 with a score of 60
    Zlabi defeated gotem in match 691189 with a score of 60 in a game that was going very pacific until the third turn in which hell breaks loose

Turns out I couldn't blow it. I completely forgot I had that rocket guy at the bottom there.

Zlabi just wiped the floor with me too. I'll wait to see if he posts the score up as he deserves his long list of wins I'm sure he's racked up.

As soon as I lost my grenade launcher I knew i was in trouble. I also got sloppy with my shotgun guy in the turn he died.

Congrats to Zlabi though, I really enjoyed that game had me second guessing myself at every turn. Especially when I thought he was making a dash to the lil light square of mine, made me bunch my units in a desperate defence rather than pushing forward.

I just drew with Zlabi - I think the 5 turn game caught him by surprise, so I may have had a lucky escape there.

Also, well played VitBeaver! I didn't mean to sound so ungracious earlier, sorry. I was convinced I'd won by the narrowest of margins, so it came as a bit of a shock when I didn't!

I'll upload all the videos tomorrow

Network Hub
    Zlabi just beat me 1:0 (stupid red box) in game 688824.
    GG, well played!
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Activated Node
    Hey guys!
    Completely forgot to post the results xD
    So here they are so far:
    Zlabi defeated rodeoclown in 688824 with a score of -60
    Zlabi defeated Rond in 691103 with a score of -60
    Zlabi defeated purdz in 691193 with a score of 60

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    I just drew with Zlabi - I think the 5 turn game caught him by surprise, so I may have had a lucky escape there.
    No problem, I should have looked at the info box. Also I don't think I would have been able to turn it around without the rocket. More likely that I would have lost . You did some great defending!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotem
    Zlabi defeated gotem in match 691189 with a score of 60 in a game that was going very pacific until the third turn in which hell breaks loose
    True that! Absolutely crazy turn. Never seen so much guys dying in 5 seconds .

Quote Originally Posted by purdz
    As soon as I lost my grenade launcher I knew i was in trouble. I also got sloppy with my shotgun guy in the turn he died.

Very nice game. That GL was just extremely crucial on that small map, hard to play without it.

Quote Originally Posted by rodeoclown
    Zlabi just beat me 1:0 (stupid red box) in game 688824.
    I don't like the mechanic of it either, just to easy to win the game if you don't even have to survive the turn. 1 second in there and survive sounds reasonable to me. 3 seconds like in Charge and Secure may be a bit too much because of the small space.
    Also I didn't know how it worked at the beginning of the season, but I made those challenges because I like games where I have an objective I can pursue and not just run around blindly.

gg and wp all, lots of exciting games. Didn't think that I would enjoy an Extermination season that much

Yeah the grenade guy is crucial for clearing the rooms out in that game as i had nowhere else that I could push without being in the open and opening a route to the lil square objective at the same time. I thought with all the back and forward we were doing we may have made it to the last turn but i couldn't get a shot on your units in time and then had to chicken out with my machine gunner.

Looks like i'll have to concede my top spot in the division to you

I had great fun with light Extermination too, I think I actually prefer it to Dark now. Less worrying about where other peoples units are and more about where they are gonna go. Makes me a lot less defensive I think.

Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    I had great fun with light Extermination too, I think I actually prefer it to Dark now. Less worrying about where other peoples units are and more about where they are gonna go. Makes me a lot less defensive I think.
    Good to see people coming round to my way of thinking on it - there's a massive tension in knowing exactly where your enemies are but having absolutely no idea what they're going to do.

I think my games must be all done for this season - It's Launch, Self and Raeynn that I'm waiting for, and they're all either unresponsive or not turning up.

I always liked light as a change from dark, but I do slightly prefer the uncertainty of dark. I agree that it's much easier to be proactive in light, but I just find it less tense - there are less ways for me to get it wrong.

Omar K has challenged MechaGK in game 692904
    Omar K has challenged smalltrouble in game 692900
    Omar K has challenged mr_parker in game 692894

I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I've still got a lot of bubblegum left.

Haven't seen them announced here already, so a couple more defeats to add to my impressive losing streak:

cimethink has defeated bonuswavepilot in game 691265 with a score of 60.
    DeVadder has defeated bonuswavepilot in game 691069 with a score of 60.

Good games!

Activated Node
    Zlabi defeated SergBeaver in 691188 with a score of 60

gg

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman Tribe Leader View Post
    mr_parker has defeated BirdmanLeader in game 688886 with a score of 40
    Col, I think this game result has been posted wrongly in the league table. It's gone down as a loss for me.

Is anyone else getting "YouTube rejected your username and password." when trying to log in to YouTube through FS?

Yep, I was getting it but I was guessing it was due to my 2 step authentication thing, have you got that enabled?