Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman Tribe Leader View Post
    Ach, got me on my heels from the start. Looks like JusticeLIVE has run the table.
    Was a good game. 5 turns creeped up on me, would have been nice for my shotgunner to just go those few more steps to grab the full points.

BigBobr99 beat Maetco in game 689690 with a score of 60.

I took advantage of something i just discovered on page 9 or 10 of this thread. You win by entering the red zone without having to stay alive with the entering soldier on that same turn. I've played over 200 games and just found out about it. Well, live and learn, as they say. I guess this rule makes you watch your borders really close and dedicate a few guys utterly to defending the red box area (in games with red boxes), especially in Light games.

Good game, Maetco, it was really unpredictable with all those grenades flying around.
    Last edited by BigBobr99; 23-04-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    BigBobr99 beat Maetco in game 689690 with a score of 60.

I took advantage of something i just discovered on page 9 or 10 of this thread. You win by entering the red zone without having to stay alive with the entering soldier on that same turn. I've played over 200 games and just found out about it. Well, live and learn, as they say. I guess this rule makes you watch your borders really close and dedicate a few guys utterly to defending the red box area (in games with red boxes), especially in Light games.

Good game, Maetco, it was really unpredictable with all those grenades flying around.
    Pretty much stole my line. I have never played an Exterminate match where the winner has won because s/he got to the red area. That's probably why I didn't defend it properly. I didn't even know about the exact rule (you don't have to survive) before the third or fourth round of this match and I failed to understand that if my SG doesn't survive that round that's it for me. Bloody hell! Good game as always with you BB!

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    I didn't even know about the exact rule (you don't have to survive) before the third or fourth round of this match and I failed to understand that if my SG doesn't survive that round that's it for me. Bloody hell! Good game as always with you BB!
    I found out about this rule reading this season 19 thread (same sutiation happened in Col's match against SergBeaver). I had no idea that you actually don't have to survive till the end of turn after entering the red area.

Games agaisnt you are always tense as hell! It's so close every time! Great gaming, mate.

Me and Satek have drawn in 689023

Congrats to BB (I hope you don't mind but with the capital letter in the middle and the numbers BigBobr99 takes too long to write) for successfully defending your #1 status.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    Me and Satek have drawn in 689023

Congrats to BB (I hope you don't mind but with the capital letter in the middle and the numbers BigBobr99 takes too long to write) for successfully defending your #1 status.
    Thank you! I don't mind, call me BB if you want. Watched your game against Satek, what a cautious battle that was. Never drawn that first blood.

I wonder if Col is going to be back to update the tables and conclude season 19.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I did the tables earlier, but had to go deal with real life before I got round to posting about it. And FS seems to have overcome the flakiness that was making uploading videos difficult so I got some of those done. The rest will have to wait until later.

So aye, Season 19 is officially over. Well done everybody.

Season 20 will begin next weekend, I'll start a thread today. Judging by the current votes it looks like Dark Charge or Extermination at the moment.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Charge, please. I don't think I could stomach two Exterminations in a row, even if one if Light and the next is Dark.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    Thank you! I don't mind, call me BB if you want. Watched your game against Satek, what a cautious battle that was. Never drawn that first blood.

I wonder if Col is going to be back to update the tables and conclude season 19.
    I'm sure Satek is blaming me for it but I felt s/he never took a single even semi-offensive turn, just concentrated on defending home base and my G was always in the wrong place to break the defence wall. At sixth turn I just gave up and thought "Fine, have your draw."

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Charge, please. I don't think I could stomach two Exterminations in a row, even if one if Light and the next is Dark.
    I agree. I mean it was real fun to get to play L-Ex (can't even remember when was the last time) but two Ex seasons in a row seems too much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    In the case of a tie between modes I'll try to pick the one played least recently - which I think would be Charge in this instance (I might be wrong on that so don't quote me).

Season 20 thread is up.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |