Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar

Calling all mesmers

This may come as a complete shock to those of you who have done jumping puzzles with me; but I only have 2 jumping puzzles left to complete; however these are particularly long and/or difficult.
    Scavengerís Chasm: requires collecting 12 orbs and the video walk-through itself took 12 minutes
    Skipping Stones: timed jumps and if you miss one you have to start from the beginning again

For those that don't know, there are guides to the jumping puzzles here:
    http://dulfy.net/2012/09/16/gw2-jump...-guild-wars-2/

With that in mind; and since some people don't like jumping puzzles but may like the chests at the end of them I thought it might be a good idea to do these as a guild event (after the official one) so we can try and get as many people through them as possible. Having a clutch of mesmers would be particularly helpful

so what are your thoughts and is anyone else in a similar situation?
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I run Scavenger's Chasm for fun.

how long does it take you?

Maybe half an hour. I never timed it, but it depends on how often I fall into one of those dumb holes I always forget.

lol, do you know if people can do it as a group to get the chests, or does everyone have to collect the orbs themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    lol, do you know if people can do it as a group to get the chests, or does everyone have to collect the orbs themselves?
    Everyone has to do it for themselves, I believe. Finishing that one was one of the most rewarding events in GW2 for me so far. It took me ~30-45 minutes I think, because I failed to find the second orb underwater.

Skipping Stones can make me rage any day of the week, although it is not very hard once you got your timing right. What annoys me is the imprecise jumping mechanism.

Now that you've mentioned it, hawksbane, I really should look into finishing those remaining puzzles myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I need to do four more jumping puzzles for the monthly, and I have a mesmer. But my mesmer is a Norn... (great decision there) ...so not the easiest to jump with.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

skipping stones might be easier of the 2 then, no height problems; but you do need 2 mesmers for it really; so you don't need to start from the beginning again if you fail.

for your monthly you could run:
    Tribulation Rift Scaffolding
    Tribulation Caverns

They follow on from each other so you get 2 for the price of one; although you do have to run through load of dredge to get there.

I used to mock Lippsy for saying that he loves jumping puzzles while at the same time playing a Mesmer... :P I understand the frustration JPs can cause, but I really really really want to beat them at least once without Portal and I know that I probably won't be coming back to do them another time after I have seen/completed them.

I enjoy a good JP every now and then, but the one with the bomb and the griffins made me give up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I've still not been to Griffonrook Run. Sounds like an abomination.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

You have a guardian. It's very easy with a guardian because aegis blocks some of the trickier griffon attacks and you get swiftness from utilities.

you also don't have to run it with the bomb, if you want the achievement anyway. If you want the big chest you do.

I have successfully run every jumping puzzle I've tried; except the skipping stones; and I gave up on that because it forces you to go back to the beginning if you fail the second set of jumps - I don't think it's a complete cop out to get portaled up to the rock to start the second set again if you fall on it; and I will a lot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm interested. Have done 30 or so JPs but still have to do Skipping stones, Scavenger's Chasm and Griffonrook Run.
    My Mes is only L72 or so so might just about make it - (give her a couple of days), but have L80 non mesmers that could come along too.
    Spent an hour on Skipping stones last year before I realised my Norn can't jump

Ohara Scarlett