Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    @Rizlar: It's currently the same height as the header was before.

However the added width makes it seem much larger. I'm happy to play about with the size. I'll upload the new version later with a height of 200px keeping the same aspect. That should look a lot better.

@Paul: The theme already has a bunch of stuff in its CSS it does when the window reaches a certain size for mobile devices. Adding a sepearte header to that CSS section shouldn't be too hard.

Edit: Also hoping no one who knows what they're doing looks at the code behind this. It's inelegant to say the least...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Is there any way to donate to server costs without having to do it in dollars (thus avoid overseas transaction costs)?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I'm happy to play about with the size. I'll upload the new version later with a height of 200px keeping the same aspect. That should look a lot better.
    I was thinking along the lines of just doing a new banner for the website, keep the existing design specifically for the youtube channel. Will see how much time I have this weekend.

Also hoping no one who knows what they're doing looks at the code behind this. It's inelegant to say the least...
    We seem to have many code-head giraffes. And the long necks give them a good vantage... yeah, you're in trouble.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Is there any way to donate to server costs without having to do it in dollars (thus avoid overseas transaction costs)?
    Does it not use paypal, anyway?

The hosting is currently on a two-yearly billing cycle. Generous donations from the Giraffes meant that I only had to pay about 30% of my normal bill, which was fantastic (the domain is being paid for by the "free" .com domain that comes with the hosting package). So there's no need to contribute - you may be better off talking to Nullkigan about Mumble if you want to help. Alternatively, send me a PM with some of your preferred means of payment in it, and I can see what can be arranged about taking your money personally.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I don't trust paypal after some issues with them before.

I'll send you a PM about it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar

@Paul: The theme already has a bunch of stuff in its CSS it does when the window reaches a certain size for mobile devices. Adding a sepearte header to that CSS section shouldn't be too hard.
    Cooper: Well there we go then. Should be able to just link to a separate file for it. The code I used did this, checking for sizes, I believe, and it was essentially an if statement of sorts. Dont remember the exact code for it, but I actually used it to show an entirely different home page, rather than header. Should work though? Its been a while, and im far from an expert on HTML.

Rizlar: I posted this on the Logo thread too, but have you had a chance to see about changes to the youtube banner?
    You said you would look into it given the overlap that happens with the avatar box. Even slightly juding the ordering so that the logo is further right?

Edit: I kind of agree with rizlar that it would look nicer if the thing was smaller, so that you could see more of the banner in smaller windows, but the issue with that is that it would cut off sooner when viewing in wide screen. Or does it wrap?
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 27-07-2013 at 12:28 AM.

@Paul it simply fades into a black background. Looks fine.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Finally understood why the menu wasn't working for me.

First you have to know I have a very particular setup : My PC screen is my full HD TV, which I'm watching from 2 meters away. That means I usually have bigger fonts, and use 'Ctrl'+'+' a lot.

The problem is for item that have a sub-menu (like outfit organisation). When I hover on the menu, the sub-menu appears, but there is a slight gap between the menu and the sub-menu.

bug.png

So when I try to bring my cursor down normally, my cursor hovers over that gap a few milliseconds too much, and the menu closes (like it does if you go to any part not in the menu). Now that I know why it's doing that, I can use the website normally by dragging my cursor very fast. No idea if that gap is intentional or a result of my big fonts/zooms.

@ksem

I don't know how much you zoom, but when I zoom in really close, the same does not happen for me. So it must be a fault in the rendering of the CSS. What browser do you use?

Note that you can click the menu headers themselves without using the drop-down. Clicking "outfit guide" takes you to a contents page and you can navigate from there. I've been meaning to do the same for outfit organisation.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Rizlar: I posted this on the Logo thread too, but have you had a chance to see about changes to the youtube banner?
    You said you would look into it given the overlap that happens with the avatar box. Even slightly juding the ordering so that the logo is further right?
    Sorry, I haven't looked into it further. Think I came to the conclusion that the way youtube lays out and moves around elements means it's not really worth trying to tweak it, it won't end up looking any better than it is now. Was initially a bit surprised to see it laying the avatar over the banner, but I actually think it looks fine now. Can you see any issues with the current version?

Re: making stuff smaller, I was just talking about all the elements on the website - text size, banner size, menu size. But I have aired this opinion a couple of times already, don't want to bang on about it.

@ksem

I don't know how much you zoom, but when I zoom in really close, the same does not happen for me. So it must be a fault in the rendering of the CSS. What browser do you use?

Note that you can click the menu headers themselves without using the drop-down. Clicking "outfit guide" takes you to a contents page and you can navigate from there. I've been meaning to do the same for outfit organisation.
    I'm using Firefox on Win 7. If that doesn't happen when zooming, then the problem is probably due to bigger default fonts. I'm using Times New Roman 20. But well, don't worry too much about it, so many websites break when using my setup due to the fonts

Rizlar: The only issue I see is that if you use your browser on a smaller or square screen, it overlaps the logo quite a lot. I actually often do this myself, because I have a couple of things open on each half of my rather large screen :P.

I would assume a lot of people probably do this too. Its not a huge issue, and looks fine when enlarged, but the resizing is a bit annoying in that case.

Website loading really slowly for me.

Anyone else?
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

For me too - it's been trying to load for minutes now.

Are we under attack?!
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Something a bit odd seems to be going on.

Other aspects of the site: http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/videosrc/CMaster/ for example are fine, as are my other sites on same hosting package.

So errm, not sure. If it's not fixed by the time I get home, I'll open a support ticket.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Website loading really slowly for me.

Anyone else?
    Yes, but intermittently. Refreshing sometimes makes it load at normal speed.

Ive experienced this quite a few times actually, but ignored it tbh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Right, put in a ticket about it.
    Suspect the response is going to be it's to do with our use of SQL/PHP however.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Support

I looked into the issue and it looks like there were a couple of hung processes slowing down the Apache service. I killed those processes and restarted the Apache service and everything seems to be functioning properly now. If there is anything else you need help with, please let me know! Thanks! Have a great day! Anthony S DreamHost Support
    So hopefully sorted now.