Network Hub

What happened to that Borderlands 2 article?

A couple of hours ago John Walker wrote an article about the new Borderlands 2 dlc, which included the level raise, and how cheeky it was of Gearbox to offer it for "free" for Season Pass owners. It was one of his mini rants basically and it was quickly met with a bunch of comments corrrecting him. If I remember correctly it was posted between the Thief and LoL articles. Anyway, I'm wondering why it has been removed as it's the first time I've seen an RPS article actually get deleted in my years of reading this blog.

Could be that it'll be released a bit later, seen those happen every now and then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    The Twitters say it has been 'amended' so I imagine it'll be back later on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Anyway, I'm wondering why it has been removed as it's the first time I've seen an RPS article actually get deleted in my years of reading this blog.
    Aww, you must have missed the time Quinns reviewed World of Warcraft magazine. There was far less fuss.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Here's the Google cache version. Unfortunately the comments aren't saved.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Aww, you must have missed the time Quinns reviewed World of Warcraft magazine. There was far less fuss.
    Now I'm gutted that I missed that. Sounds like it could've been awesome.

Anyway, hopefully we'll see it resurface. I much prefer a wrong article with an amended update than just having it drop of the face of the earth. Thanks for filling me in folks.

Activated Node
    "We deleted the Borderlands 2 post earlier today because John got it all wrong. He is an idiot. Loveable, though."

https://twitter.com/rockpapershot/st...40141189459968

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    A couple of hours ago John Walker wrote an article about the new Borderlands 2 dlc, which included the level raise, and how cheeky it was of Gearbox to offer it for "free" for Season Pass owners. It was one of his mini rants basically and it was quickly met with a bunch of comments corrrecting him. If I remember correctly it was posted between the Thief and LoL articles. Anyway, I'm wondering why it has been removed as it's the first time I've seen an RPS article actually get deleted in my years of reading this blog.
    Without the rant it probably doesn't deserve an article, just a blurb and a link saying the DLC is out.

He could rant about a level cap being bad DLC and another playthrough being bad DLC (making comparisons to Borderlands 1 and Diablo 3), But that is about it. IF he wanted to rant about things not being included in the Season Pass that he thinks should have been (and not what Gearbox always said would be in it), well they already wrote that article and you can look it up.

So other than effectively posting an advertisement for Borderlands 2 DLC, there is nothing to post here unless one of them plays it or has something to say about what it actually offers to the game.

That being said, I think it was sad that it was simply deleted instead of updated to note that the original reaction was baseless.