View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quickly played with Rizlars, so the basic idea would be to tweak the shape and layout a little, keeping close to coopers colours. Textures would be added as coopers too. Not final, but it gives an idea of what id like to head towards:

giraffe2.jpg
    It could do with being a tiny bit lower perhaps, but I stretched it slightly to fit.

Original TIFF:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?6tgchp1cacgc8a6

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Rizlar, its nice, and a step in the right direction, but im not sure about the sharp front lip.

Also, the definition in the upper half of the head (excluding the ears/horns) could be closer to your original, because I really like the subtle brow and definition in the jaw.

Perhaps also less of a curve on the top and bottom of the snout? more of a sharp look?

Overall, while I still love the original one, this one probably would make some people more happy.

MOST IMPORTANTLY HOWEVER: even if you ignore the above, the following are essential:

- The head should be slightly poking out of the circle, as in the original design.
    - The spots on the neck should be added (exactly as they are on the original).

Cooper: In terms of colours, Ive grown to like the colours you were using, however the purple could be a tiny bit lighter still.
    The giraffe should stay the colour it is, with purple spots. It really works having a dark background and a pronounced light giraffe. The green should stay as it is.

Id like to see a new version with those changes in mind if people are ok with that and if Rizlar/whoever is willing.
    Most of that is easy to tweak. I agree the mouth looks a little beak-ish, but I kind of like it.

As for colours, the easiest thing is to get the logo setup with layers and then chrun out a selection of colour alternatives.

I might have a stab tonight, maybe tomorrow, on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm slightly confused as to how a pluarlity of votes for logo 4 ends up with us having logo 2.
    Remembering that people could vote for multiple, can't really sum votes for the same style straightforwardly.

Still, I'm just glad that it's not 8. Nice idea, no clarity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, I noticed that too. 23 votes for 4. 4+15 votes for 1+2... Either way, I voted for both, so it matters less to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yeah, 4 is the winner, but goddamn is that new silhouette beautiful.
    Find me on the Steams

I still prefer 4, but then I do tend to gravitate towards symmetry.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I find the overall design of 2 MUCH stronger, especially with the new giraffe.

Let me reiterate my wish for going into the design/discussion phase for both of the winning designs (2;4) though. We should decide on what exactly we'd do with either of those designs, flesh them out a little more, and then resubmit more refined versions of 2 and 4 for the final vote.

Ive got no problem with this, but even though I feel traitorous to myself, 2 really has grown on me a lot. I actually prefer the original silhouette, but if people like the new one thats fine I guess.

As cooper said though, the idea of the vote wasnt as a final "people want this, we go with this" thing, it was just to gauge an idea of what people liked etc. The design of 2 and 4 are very similar.. its a circle with a giraffe.. Graphically, the sideways giraffe is more thought out and pleasing, but there is always appeal in symmetry.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I find the overall design of 2 MUCH stronger, especially with the new giraffe.

Let me reiterate my wish for going into the design/discussion phase for both of the winning designs (2;4) though. We should decide on what exactly we'd do with either of those designs, flesh them out a little more, and then resubmit more refined versions of 2 and 4 for the final vote.
    I like this idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Shape stuff
    Yeah, I agree on pretty much all the points. Realised I hadn't done any spots once it was posted, needs a bit more work to get them looking good. Particularly I would like to tweak the lip a bit and change the angle of the horn slightly, all feedback is much appreciated tho. Would probably crop more off the neck at the bottom as well, deliberately included extra in the image for people to crop into.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Yeah, I agree on pretty much all the points. Realised I hadn't done any spots once it was posted, needs a bit more work to get them looking good. Particularly I would like to tweak the lip a bit and change the angle of the horn slightly, all feedback is much appreciated tho. Would probably crop more off the neck at the bottom as well, deliberately included extra in the image for people to crop into.
    Cool. Well as long as youre willing, theres no harm doing a couple tweaks to see which looks coolest I suppose?

I think there is a bit too much curve to the neck and upper/lower snout/jaw.. maybe thats whats bothering me, but I think you get the picture.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Was doing a bit of work on the youtube background and decided to mess about with the logo idea a bit as well.

I am actually really liking the second one, would go well with giraffe camo too!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The second one is AWESOME Rizlar! Started loving it the instant I saw it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Damn those are some fine giraffes. Second one yes please!

edit: Why yellow though? Traitorous color! But I prefer it over the white/mintgreen. Try purple on green?
    Find me on the Steams

Yeah, real pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Yeah, 4 is the winner, but goddamn is that new silhouette beautiful.
    Yeah, I accidentally counted 2+3 rather than1+2 when I announced the profile silhouette had won.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

You're not concerned the yellow logo would drown out with giraffe camo? Even if it is a cool colour combination.

I really like Rizlar's recent sketch.

I think we should move forward with 2 or 4, but probably make a decision pretty soon.

Given 4 is kind of "final" in that it's just a giraffe face on a circle, I've moved straight on to some example colour schemes. I've replaced the silhouette with a symmetrical version of the new one posted earlier.

KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Edit: If you wanna play about with replacing the colours, click for the 1024x1024 originals, the tumbnails add some compression artefacts that will mess with fills.
    Last edited by Cooper; 10-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Why yellow though? Traitorous color!
    Think I starting trying yellow to tie in with the giraffe camo that is our uniform and the source of all our giraffeyness. Yellow and purple are opposites on the colour wheel, plus yellow is the lightest colour, so both tonally and in terms of hue it creates a really strong contrast with dark purple. Plus it's kind of nice to have it standing out a bit from the official VS colours (also why I liked hot pink for the giraffe).

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    You're not concerned the yellow logo would drown out with giraffe camo?
    Not really, if it needs to sit directly on giraffe camo we can always stick another dark ring around it or something.