View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    I definitely favour 4, though it seems I "may not vote on this poll" :S.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I find 2 so much slicker than 4, actually. The colors and the giraffe design are more unique and interesting for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Disregard my vote for 8, way too close to azure twilight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I lke the colours of 2 more than 1, but2 looks more like a seahorse than a giraffe, so I voted for 1. The giraffe from 1in the colours and patterning of 2 would be my choice. Or possibly 4 in the colours of 2?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Disregard my vote for 8, way too close to azure twilight.
    Ditto. Of the others I favour 3 or 4 about equally. Both would make awesome shoulder patches / aircraft roundels...

Taglines:
    "Evolving and perishing since 2873"
    "Our foes will know the will of Giraffidae"
    "You will be bested by this rabble"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Inspired by the sketches presented here, I decided to have a go at making a logo suggestion myself.

GX25qVN.png

I like having the giraffe head align with or substitute for the main Vanu Sovereignty logo elements. Thus logo 9 is also a strong candidate, but the head is a bit wide in my opinion.

I also think that this one by Rizlar looks very nice (prefer the white version), better than logo 2 here. I'm surprised it hasn't been included in the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by protorp View Post
    "Evolving and perishing since 2873"
    Yes!!!

Reference to the game, very vanuesque, 2873, and makes me smile.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I lke the colours of 2 more than 1, but2 looks more like a seahorse than a giraffe, so I voted for 1. The giraffe from 1in the colours and patterning of 2 would be my choice. Or possibly 4 in the colours of 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I find 2 so much slicker than 4, actually. The colors and the giraffe design are more unique and interesting for me.
    The colours are not final. Do I need to mark that out in larger, maybe flashing text in the first post?

I really hope people haven't been chosing on colours. Because few of those up there are finalised in terms of colour choices.

The colours will be worked out once form has been decided. It's very likely, for example, that the grey giraffe, green circle and purple background will be changed. Specifically I was thinking cyan circle, purple giraffe, green giraffe detail and purple or grey for the background.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    I also think that this one by Rizlar looks very nice (prefer the white version), better than logo 2 here. I'm surprised it hasn't been included in the poll.
    That's basically 2 with different colours & textures.

See my comments above.If you read what I wrote, none of these are final. Colours especially. Textures as well. There is nothing to stop the finalisation of logo 2 turning out to be Rizlar's modification.

I'm starting to worry that people are just voting on what's here, not on what they think they could become if worked on (because all are first-drafts). I probably should have converted them all into black-on-white outlines...
    Last edited by Cooper; 06-04-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    If you read what I wrote, none of these are final. Colours especially. Textures as well. There is nothing to stop the finalisation of logo 2 turning out to be Rizlar's modification.
    I was trying to provide my opinion and contribute to the discussion, rather than just casting a vote. I have read all of the original post and I'm aware that these logos are early drafts, which may be worked upon further.

Seeing logo 2 with the modifications made it more appealing to me, and I expressed that opinion. It is not only different in terms of colour and texture, it also has a wider middle circle thanks to a ring in a lighter tone around it.

Logo 2 in this thread and Logo 2 with modifications:

0Ivw0w1.jpgrps+logo+rough+1.jpg

I like the form of the second one better. The added ring is vaguely reminiscent of Vanu logo elements. It is currently my favourite of the draft logos.

Obscure Node
    I won't comment on colours (as I'm colour blind) but if I could I'd vote for #4. I like the simplicity and textures of this one plus the way that the giraffe head echoes the VS logo in it's general shape. Perhaps a combo of 4 & 9 might work, taking the look and feel of 4 and combining it with the slightly more VS logo lookalike nature of 9 (band around the outside rather than solid circle?).

1 & 2 look good but aren't as simple and for me don't have as much impact, plus its not as easy to tell its a giraffe. The rest are too 'generic' without much personality.

I like 2, 4 and 9 (but agree with LaKroy that the head is a bit too big, and like his suggestion as well).

Quote option:

"Vanu knows what noise a Giraffe makes"
    Planetside2: Noggachomp

Network Hub
    I like 4, couldn't say why more than the others but that's the way it is.

Purple Spandex and Enlightenment all the way for the catchphrases.

Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    Purple Spandex and Enlightenment all the way for the catchphrases.
    "Enlightenment by laser since 2873"
    "Laser enlightenment since 2873"
    "Enpurplement since 2873"

A rough sketch of what an alternative to logo 9 could look like with a more natural giraffe:

mu0XGCT.jpg

Hey, that was very nice! Just polish up the circle at the points where it touches the giraffe, (so that the head is contoured by a pixel or two of white where the two overlap, and this would be awesome!

Inkscape refuses to work on my Windows computer, so I have not been able to do any fancy vector stuff. Instead I've been restricted to GIMP for this mockup. Might be worth firing up the sluggish Linux box for developing that sketch a bit though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Photoshop is your friend, Lakroy. You can download a trial version that does all the fancy stuff in the world. For a limited time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    A rough sketch of what an alternative to logo 9 could look like with a more natural giraffe:

mu0XGCT.jpg
    That silhouette would work better for 4 as well. I've been looking to replace the silhouette used in 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I've got a copy of PaintShop Pro, some old version. I can do the vector graphics fiddlybits if I get the giraffe head in a reasonable image format.

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    I like the turn in this thread as its much more about suggestion and "i like this in this".

Thanks for all the love of my design! If you want to trawl through the youtube thread, there is a version of 2, with the colourscheme of mine (4) which is what I suggested as a compromise during our discussions.

Im seeing a lot of love for both 2 and 4, which (awesomely) supports my preferences and backs my viewpoint up tremendously.

3 and 8 are getting some love too, but personally I dont like these designs as I think they are too complicated. The colours (or more importantly shades) dont work very well either, so they would need a lot of work.

I love the symmetry of 4, but equally the asymmetry of 2. 2, IMO, is a perfect balance of colours, texture and design. It is clearly a giraffe to me, despite what some people are saying, because of the shape and neck "camo". Im inclined to have more work done on 2, (which is actually what I had decided on personally to use for youtube) and when Rizlar was done with the BG, we were going to work on this.

Keep the feedback coming, its useful.