View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    3 cheers for bananaraffe!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    If we could get a logo in game for our gals and sundies it's be as the people from the posh part of Dublin say "totes-mazeballs".
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Let's get it settled then and sent in to T-Ray yeees??????????
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ha! If that isn't PERFECT timing i don't know. Let's get this done.

I vote for this one

Or the bananaraffe, but I actually prefer one above.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I like the 3-colour variants where the 'raffe and outer circle match.

Matching the VS logo to the teal on the Gal might be a good call. I think it would certainly look good as a decal then. Then going from there (another teal or green for the centre circle and something darker for the 'raffe and outer circle). Though I do wonder how much we can be sure vehicle trims will remain the same given the recent infantry changes. It might be a bit much to tie ourselves to potentially shifting SOE design decisions.

Of Pauly's lot 1,2, 11 and 13 are my personal favourite. Probably 11 tops.

As a suggestion, can someone hash out 11 but match the VS logo to the Gal teal and maybe shift the giraffe / outer ring to a redder purple rather than the near-navy (though similarly dark)? Thankyou.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    My favourites so far. I like number 1 the most though.
    Last edited by LaKroy; 26-04-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    AHMAGAD T-RAY! Would be amazing if we could get this in-game before other outfits (however you feel about Sony making money from selling it off the back of our efforts... my agent would be not be happy)!

A tool for pulling out game assets has been linked a couple of times in this thread but I cannot find it - what is it? Would be nice to get an exact reference for the Gal trim, rather than guessing based on screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    I prefer the block colour if it ends up being a decal but for website use etc it might benefit from a bit of shadow/highlight.
    I've been thinking about the level of detail too, quite like the idea of doing something like this for large scale use.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    @ Rizlar

I like that detail. I was thinking that,once colours are down, we should produce a series of images at different sizes. Everything from a website favicon to forum avatar/sig sizes through to banner sizes. Larger sizes can definitely have greater detail on them. I was going to try and come up with something that would work across both the logo and the font that was selected. What you have done above could easily be used on the eventual header font for the website.

The extractor can be found at:
    https://github.com/RoyAwesome/ps2ls

The "RoyAwesome" guy took another guy's (open source) work and produced something that now displays textures & model internally rather than having to export everything just to look at it (and find out what the hell it is: some of the file names are wonderfully obscure). It's prone to crashing every now and then, but it's a nifty little thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

If not the bananaraffe:
    Attachment 3129

Then probably one of these two (though I think I'd like to see the purple that's in 1, in 11 too, as it's a little too dark to get the purple-ness across)

1:
    Attachment 3105

11:
    Attachment 3124

This one has great contrast, and yes it's the purple giraffe, but I find the lack of a different colour makes it quite ordinary and bland, to be honest.

Attachment 3103

Couple more colour schemes - uploaded from my phone so apologies if they come out odd

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Bonus silly one:

image.jpg
    Last edited by MitchK; 26-04-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I'm not for a minute suggesting we actually do the following, at least not right now, but I always thought the vanu logo could resemble a drinking giraffe with a little artistic license;

That's gorgeous, Rizlar. Actually makes me a lot more positive to that colour combination as well since it gives it added depth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    AHMAGAD T-RAY! Would be amazing if we could get this in-game before other outfits (however you feel about Sony making money from selling it off the back of our efforts... my agent would be not be happy)!

A tool for pulling out game assets has been linked a couple of times in this thread but I cannot find it - what is it? Would be nice to get an exact reference for the Gal trim, rather than guessing based on screenshots.

I've been thinking about the level of detail too, quite like the idea of doing something like this for large scale use.

I like this a LOT better than 11 as it currently is because the cyan in the middle as a flat colour is very overpowering. It could do with being a tiny bit less bright.

If this moon like texture spread across the whole cyan circle, I think it would be even better.

I still firmly believe we need to lose that little weird bit on the bottom prong though, because it is really out of place.
    I see you snuck it back in :P.

What about:
    14: It has the prongs ever so slightly different from the ring, which stands out quite nicely.
    giraffecol14.jpgI know people seem to be swaying away from the darker version, but I still love that dark shade of green!

15: Rizlars but with dark inner circle:
    giraffecol15.jpgSame as above but without a different shade for vanu logo.

16: Rizlars with slightly less bright cyan:
    giraffecol16.jpg The only thing I currently dont like with rizlars previous is how bright the cyan is. This might not be the best alternative, but I just wanted to point out a less "brilliant shine in your face" alternative.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 26-04-2013 at 10:19 PM.

17: Again, variant on rizlars, ever so slight cyan difference.
    giraffecol17.jpgAs above.

18: Version 12 but with a green ring/logo instead.
    giraffecol18.jpg I really didnt like that light colour.

19: Version 13 but with brighter middle.
    giraffecol19.jpg Last version 13 was a bit too similar in the middle.

20: Attempt to make an inverted purple center logo actually look ok
    giraffecol20.jpg Surprised how much I like it actually.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 26-04-2013 at 10:35 PM.

I'd go for this:

Though I too would like to take away the little sprig. I'm happy with this one!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    rps+logo+rough+11.jpg
    Yep, me like this one!

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I'd go for this:

Though I too would like to take away the little sprig. I'm happy with this one!
    Id support this, though I would still like to see the cyan a tiny bit less bright, even if its just on the diamond spots. Im wondering what it would look like reversed: i.e. the darker green with the moon texture in cyan, and the vanu logo in cyan. You didnt give the TIFF of this one, so I cant do it myself.

I do love the planet look, though im worried that the texture would get totally lost at avatar sizes, for example youtube, in which case I still think the plain cyan is quite bright.

I produced the other variants just to give slight alternatives on the ones that people had already mentioned, namely 1/2, 11, 12, 13. They are very slight variations, but worth looking at.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 26-04-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, those colours still aren't final. I'm still liking the different colour ideas people are still producing, it's nice to see completely different takes on a design that has become very familiar. The planet idea could work with various colours and was only suggested as a way to flesh out larger logos (not for decals).

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The extractor can be found at:
    https://github.com/RoyAwesome/ps2ls
    Thanks, just after I posted that my internet went down and has only just come back up (Virgin Media are Bad People). As a result I haven't been able to do anything with it. Anyone know exactly what T-Ray's decal deal was and how late is too late to submit something? Was he actually trying to get them made available in-game?