View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post

Though I too would like to take away the little sprig.

Emphasis.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Sexy, sexy logo (Rizlars last post that is)
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Okay, this thread died just shy of reaching an actual conclusion. So. BUMP! And let's decide, right now. Unless Cooper wants to have final say.

I vote for this:

Edit: (possibly minus the little sprig underneath the giraffe's chin)

I sort of had the impression that some final versions might be in the works, hence the thread dying in anticipation of that. Regardless, if we're going to vote, I wouldn't mind seeing a definitive list of the versions we're going to vote on. In fact if that's the case, I wouldn't mind a final call for colour variants (within a short time limit) followed by a list of all those submitted. And then a vote, or however it is that it's going to be decided.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just realised that this hasn't been made clear in the thread itself, but the plan was that while Cooper is away we are free to continue producing colour variations, once he gets back (soon? this week maybe?) he will make an executive decision on colour, based on the existing discussion in this thread.

The design has been decided on. Once the colour scheme is fixed I will quickly make a few tweaks to the design and we will produce the final (final) final logo.

Really should have posted about this, sorry, thought there was at least one post with this info.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm back (ish) and haven't had time to go through things like this properly.

A while back I posted some guidelines:

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    As for colours, I'd suggest people start producing their own variations and then we will go with one of the more popular ones when I'm properly back in front of a computer and can browse the thread fully.

In terms of guidance, I think the following can be agreed upon(?):

VS colours are good to include, but do not stick to them blindly. For reference colours use the ingame files (look for the 'ps2ls' extraction utility) or other SOE produced content. One of the key colours (purple, green, cyan) can be enough to provide a VS feel without pulling them all entirely.

Feel free to deviate from VS colours, and do so for effect. But be careful not to veer towards colours that give the impression of other empires. In terms of colours it is more important that the logo doesn't look NC or TR than it does look VS (for the purposes of possible eventual decal).

Testing logos against a Giraffe camo Gal as Lakroy did is a very good idea...

(I thought guidelines would help more than not having any, and I stuck with most of what's been discussed so far, but don't take them as 'gospel'. If you have a colour style you'd like to consider, throw it up here.)
    What I was hoping to see were people pushing out a variety of colour options like Pauly did (though with maybe more breadth than Pauly's selection) and discussing colour options.

We have a logo. Any changes to the logo will be minor things that we don't need to deliberate on. What we do need to decide on are colours. I don't want another straight up vote as that's clunky. What I would like to see is some more discussion. We'be had a few people nominating ones from Pauly's selction and some extra suggestions (I liked the darker ones from MitchK, but I would worry they are a bit too dark).

I'm going to set a time limit to Monday.

Currently the cyan, green, purple scheme in Rizlars seems to have got the most nods (Specifically the numbers 1 and 11 of Pauly's list have got most positive feedback). I think we can be happy with that but what I'd like to see are some more ideas being thrown about, especially ones that deviate from the VS colour scheme as we seem to be holding on to that maybe a bit too tightly?

Issues like "the cyan is not dark enough" and "the sprig sticking out of the bottom spike" come under little tweaks to be done once a final decision has been made.

The tiff file is here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9lhndfr8ew866k4

You don't need any really fancy software to play about with colours on that. Ten minutes in something free like Gimp can throw out half a dozen different colour schemes easily. Have a stab at it, produce some ideas, talk about them.

On Monday I'll do my best to chose the one that is most popular. Though I am going to reserve the right to chose one that is somewhat popular but has a more striking appearance. As a group we gravitate towards the VS colours because they are familiar, I think. If something strikingly different works and gets some nods, I may go for that.

Just not the bananaraffe. No.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Weirdly, I did post something just underneath Rides last post yesterday, but it clearly didnt show.

Basically I was asking for more steps forward with colour and a decision, but you have all covered that now, so hooray!

Cooper has basically voiced everything that I would have said, so it would indeed be great to see a few more colour variations.
    Gimp is fine, photoshop is fine too.. could just shove an overlay on the colours which allows you to quickly switch them about.

To prevent need for skipping about, 1 and 11 from first colours post for people to refer to in coopers post, and the changes:

1 - Rizlars current with cyan and green flipped, original purple.

11 - Essentially Rizlars current with slightly darker purple.

If we're looking at getting this as a Decal in-game, thinking about relative visibility when it's on top of either giraffe camo and basic colours, I'd go for 11, the darker set up. I really like the colours of 1, but 11 will stand out on both giraffe camo and basic colouration well.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatChance52 View Post
    If we're looking at getting this as a Decal in-game, thinking about relative visibility when it's on top of either giraffe camo and basic colours, I'd go for 11, the darker set up. I really like the colours of 1, but 11 will stand out on both giraffe camo and basic colouration well.
    Its always possible to produce 11 but with flipped colours. The green and cyan are identical in both, just flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Its always possible to produce 11 but with flipped colours. The green and cyan are identical in both, just flipped.
    Mind. BLOWN. :O

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    My opinion has not changed, this is the one I would like to have:

rps+logo+rough+11.jpg

Well since the bananaraffe has apparently been taken out of consideration (boooo!), I'd say no. 1 out of the rest of them.

Rizlar's latest gets my vote.

It has the best color scheme : it looks good on its own (BasicPaul's number 1 hurs my eyes), and looks great on the giraffe camo (which is the weak point of the bananaraffe : it doesn't look good on giraffe camo)

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    My opinion has not changed, this is the one I would like to have:

rps+logo+rough+11.jpg

Schermafbeelding_2011-05-20_om_3.39.23_PM.jpg I want that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    And finally he made the right choice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    And finally he made the right choice.
    Don't jinx it! Also, please keep in mind, that one may just be singled out because of the texture rather than the colours. The planet texture could be applied to any colour scheme. Basically, try and give feedback on the colours alone, since colour is the thing being decided on.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I'm with LaKroy - that's that logo that I prefer (though to be picky I'd prefer a cleaned-up version of it). But yeah, I love the design and the stylised diamonds on the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Also, please keep in mind, that one may just be singled out because of the texture rather than the colours. The planet texture could be applied to any colour scheme. Basically, try and give feedback on the colours alone, since colour is the thing being decided on.
    I'll elaborate: I like the shape, the texture and the colour scheme. I have liked that particular colour combination since i first saw it, before the texture. A similar colour combination was posted by Cooper way back, and I liked that as well.

I prefer BasicPauly's no. 1 version because having the teal as the logo a) makes it stand out more ('tis more pew-pew laser disco) and b) seems more in-keeping with the highlighting of the VS weapons and vehicles.

Obviously I'm not sure how the texture thing would work on a larger version, since I've only seen it on the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Rizlar's latest gets my vote.

It has the best color scheme : it looks good on its own (BasicPaul's number 1 hurs my eyes), and looks great on the giraffe camo (which is the weak point of the bananaraffe : it doesn't look good on giraffe camo)

But.... the colours in number 1 are exactly the same as rizlars.... how? :P

I dont mind much either way, but rizlars (11) has a lot more cyan, which is very bright. (1) has the cyan and green flipped (as I have stated above). The colour order in 1 was like one of his older designs, but at some point he flipped them around to show off the variation. Either way, they are equally as "eye hurty" as each other. Im not madly keen on the cyan choice, but thats not the point here, we are deciding on the colour order and which colours.. tweaking of slight shade differences can be done later.

So basically, ignore the actual shade or brightness, but focus on the colour order, i.e. 1 - original order from a while back, or 11 - order from a couple pages back.

My next point would be that, as cooper said, it would be good to get even more colours and combinations in the mix. While its great to see people agreeing and/or generally liking these two combinations equally, we already know these two are popular. If people could suggest, or preferably post pictures of, what they think might look cool, that would be much more helpful than agreeing at this stage .

Personally I want to stick with vanu colours, but if I do see something outstanding then we can always take a look into it. Cooper is going to make the final choice, which may or may not be these colours, but he will be making it soon, so submit away! :P