View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Better to have versions without the black line if it's going to be used in a number of different formats.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Why avoid hotlinking to the images hosted on our site?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just to avoid broken links I imagine. Better to always upload, just to be sure.

Yesterday I managed to overload the blogspot post where I was hosting all my work-in progress images of the logo and made them all disappear, meaning they will all be broken on this forum as soon as the cache clears. Yay for hotlinking!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    No worries about going over bandwidth limits at the site - they are absolutely massive. There's always the risk of them being moved I guess, but we could plan not to do that, and I'd anticipate most other hosts to expire before we need to fiddle with files on the root.

This is why you OptiPNG. Cooper might think that it's "28% of a 3.5 inch floppy", but stuff like that adds up when you download thousands of times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    @CMaster & Boris

Those two reasons. I'd pumped out a bunch of sizes and was going to do a final pass check for artefacts & optipng them and re-upload. When they're final I don't see why hotlinking will be a bad thing.

I realise the need for optipng in these circumstances Boris, but my comment was regarding the one sent to TRay: I don't imagine he's going to have a problem downloading a file a handful of KB larger than it needs to be...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I realise the need for optipng in these circumstances Boris, but my comment was regarding the one sent to TRay: I don't imagine he's going to have a problem downloading a file a handful of KB larger than it needs to be...
    It's not a problem for him, no, but it literally takes 2 seconds to do so why not.