View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    We have had three posts saying "this one, this is it, go with this one, forget the rest".

All selecting a different colour set.

We'll talk about it tomorrow. I will either make an "executive decision" or I will appoint some people to make it.

Or, if things are particularly organised, I will come up with a set of "things we want form the logo" and then select the colour scheme that fits that.

We should have had a brief. We should have had a set of guidelines for what we want and have people work towards those guidelines. I should have directed that process. Etc.

But we lacked enough people who would have formally submitted something to a design brief, so we've ended up with design by comittee. Which has been messy, because design by comitte needs much more organisation than a forum thread. But things have turned out well. Let's pin it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Haha well if its any consolation my pick wasn't my favourite, just the one I thought would be the least likely to offend anyone's sensibilities. If I was going with my own tastes I'm with lakroy on the cyan.

What about a vote? Is that a bad idea?

Activated Node
    Two rounds of votes, one for which person's set, then one after for which one in their set?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Kemuel, that kinda narrows the options too much. We have multiple people suggesting very similar colours and combinations.

Cooper, I meant more like this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?zke9schfdr66b6f

Click the link for higher res, because this one sucks.
    giraffe5.jpg

It compromises on colour a bit, using the brighter colours from one of the previously posted designs above (coopers four at the front of page 10) but with the dark purple giraffe from my original. Still room for adjustments, but this is what I meant.. Maybe having brighter spots would be a good idea too. Still need a finished and sharp version though.. The one I quickly made (that we have been using) has a few issues with the vanu logo that I didnt bother fixing.

Im warming to the bright colours now, so long as we dont go full on hurts your eyes garish. I think we need to keep away from the yellow though, personally. Purple and green is very vanu, Yellow isnt vanu, just giraffe.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 16-04-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Oops double post

Activated Node
    Much as I like my giraffe-coloured giraffes, that is pretty cool actually.

I've been stalking this thread since it began, just thought I'd add my 2p.

I really like this version:

I just think the colours balance really nicely with the cyan involved. I reckon it would be clearer to make out as well, more so than the green halo.

I'd like to see a few variations on the giraffe spots. I do like them, but I'd be curious to see if they could be done differently perhaps. The logo as it stands is quite a 'chunky' design, whereas the spots are quite sketchy...maybe they might suit the overall style a bit more if they're beefed up a little bit as well?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Looks good, but can you upload one without the spots?
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I do prefer the dark giraffes over light ones. Here are a couple more I knocked up, including a variant on LaKroy's suggestion. Still unexpectedly busy, so haven't had much time to logo or even play shooty lasers.

Will try and attend the meeting this evening, since logo seems to be a potential subject.

By the way, I have been using this swatch http://i.imgur.com/ElhKeKo.png, produced by Cooper, as colour reference. Have noticed some people's purples are edging towards a more reddish hue than that used in-game. Perhaps something to bear in mind if we intend the in-game logo to match the in-game colours (tho perhaps not a problem if we are adjusting the exact colours for in-game and out of game use).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    I've been stalking this thread since it began, just thought I'd add my 2p.

I really like this version:

Me too! Very nice. Without spots would be interesting to see.

Network Hub
    I think my one contribution will be to say that I'd like to see a second horn peeking out somewhere. It's nitpicky and late in the game, I know, and I'm sorry for that.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I think a second horn would confuse the silhouette too much - the simplicity of the current design works for me, as does the cyan/purple colouring. The spots I can live without (I think they clutter the design a bit), as well as the shading/cross-hatching on the giraffe head, but that's nit picking.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post

This is nice

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    There was a joke about a headband being added in the old thread. I've kept meaning to add one. Maybe as a TACGIR version of the logo

Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    There was a joke about a headband being added in the old thread. I've kept meaning to add one. Maybe as a TACGIR version of the logo
    Nice concept! Me like!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For the record, I hate all the versions with yellow around the edge.
    Last edited by CMaster; 17-04-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I think we'd be better off removing all yellow variants from consideration from the design altogether.

We're Vanu, not NC. Purple/green with cyan accents are our colours, let's fly 'em with pride.

I think the second colour variant from Rizlar is good, the spots on the neck echoing the background colour rather than the outer ring works well.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 17-04-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: moar wurdz

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Oh man I love this so much. Mustard I could do without but the headband is spectacular!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    By the way, in the upcoming patch, there are going to be some VS model changes. Mostly textures, how much and where camo is applied, and, most important and relevant to this discussion, change of colours and highlights. The teal will most definitely go. According to tweets, they are going for more blue/silver with the highlights, and a more menacing overall look, by tweaking the colour balances and textures.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 17-04-2013 at 05:53 PM.