View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    That looks great. I like those spots as they fit in with the overall look very well.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    That's really very nice. It's what I couldn't quite convey before and fits well with the popular desire to keep the rough sketchy feel. I would even wager pauly would agree with that one.

Btw, sorry if I came off as a sarcy sod before pauly, it's only because I am. At 9am when I wrote it I thought I was being all direct and concise but reading it back, it was a bit cringe-worthy and insolent. My terrible habit of a lifetime is trying to sound clever before actually considering what my point is, I'll try to keep that in check for threads like these.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Looks very good Rizlar! I'd roll with that one.

I say: Done. SOLD!

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Hey y'all. Finally got round to doing another pass on the logo.

Notable changes: took Jag's spots and rolled with them, cos they are nice. More pointy VS logo bits, cos I think they look better, breaks up the circular composition more. Increased the amount of sketchiness, having done so realised that the scratchy bits on the silhouette no longer looked so good, scratchy bits are now gone.

Colours weren't really my focus here, since Cooper is going to decide from what we've got once he gets back, but it's a slightly different arrangement anyway. Let me know what you think!

Here is a version you can play with. http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9lhndfr8ew866k4
    Hey, call me a changed man, because I dont even totally hate the pointy nature of this one. Im super glad that you kept the slightly rough feel of the vanu logo, because it takes the edge off of having ridiculously angular shapes. I also like that you keps the gaps between head and logo, and used the smaller one.

Im still not sold on the diamond spots, but its better than having none. Maybe revisit this if anything, but im happy to roll with the overall design of this if people are finally happy and not totally wanting to yell at me for disagreeing :P.

There are only two other points I would make, and they are minor, so you can rest easy:

1-the little bit on the bottom vanu logo shape that sticks out towards the top of it bothers me. I think the cap in the middle is enough to convey roughness here.

2- The difference between middle greens, regardless of what colour is chosen, could be closer, in a similar style to your original design of this variant where the colours are are only slight. This gave the two sections a sense that they were part of a whole, and I really liked that. I know this is about colour, which wasnt your focus, but im talking more about the shades with regard to one another than the actual colour used here.

Edit: On second thought, I think its the ordering. I think the lighter colour needs to be the outer ring and darker on the inner, like so:

(Example B)

Are these the same colours used? Anyway, I also would suggest that maybe we stick with a different colour for both outer ring and giraffe. I think rizlars example above (Ex. B) is my favourite thus far.

I also like the last colour combo I posted, with the white giraffe, though thats just me it seems.

Does anybody have any issue going with this (Ex. B) as one example for coopers consideration?

As far as I can see, this has been one of the colour combos that most people thought was good. Has the deep but obvious purple, the cyan, the green, and a head that stands out. Obviously in the new design .

Overall, im very happy with Rizlars latest effort, and look forward to seeing alt colour solutions.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 23-04-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    That's really very nice. It's what I couldn't quite convey before and fits well with the popular desire to keep the rough sketchy feel. I would even wager pauly would agree with that one.

Btw, sorry if I came off as a sarcy sod before pauly, it's only because I am. At 9am when I wrote it I thought I was being all direct and concise but reading it back, it was a bit cringe-worthy and insolent. My terrible habit of a lifetime is trying to sound clever before actually considering what my point is, I'll try to keep that in check for threads like these.
    No problem man, I know what you meant, but I wanted to address each issue anyway just in case people thought I was the one forcing a close.

I'm still not entirely sold on the sketchy thing, but I much prefer it without the scratchy faded bits and I rather like the diamond patches. Looking good all in all!

Arrow

I think I'm kind of coming around to the sketchyness as well. Decals on the sides of war-torn tanks and aircraft would be charred and have bits peeling off, so maybe it's more relevant to have it looking a bit more dog-eared!

The only thing I'd say about the latest effort (great job again Rizlar) is that while the Vanu logo parts are sketchy, the giraffe and circles are all still very crisp and clean. I could be wrong but I think it may look better if the whole thing is a bit more sketchy instead of just certain aspects.

I think these are redundant now, but I may as well put them up anyway - did them earlier today following yesterdays stuff. Added some solid spots to it too just to see what they looked like...I'm part of the 'no spots' club personally, so I'm not sure.

3-Model.jpg
    5-Model.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    I think I'm kind of coming around to the sketchyness as well. Decals on the sides of war-torn tanks and aircraft would be charred and have bits peeling off, so maybe it's more relevant to have it looking a bit more dog-eared!

The only thing I'd say about the latest effort (great job again Rizlar) is that while the Vanu logo parts are sketchy, the giraffe and circles are all still very crisp and clean. I could be wrong but I think it may look better if the whole thing is a bit more sketchy instead of just certain aspects.

I think these are redundant now, but I may as well put them up anyway - did them earlier today following yesterdays stuff. Added some solid spots to it too just to see what they looked like...I'm part of the 'no spots' club personally, so I'm not sure.

3-Model.jpg
    5-Model.jpg
    I actually like your spots mitch. Your version is also much improved with the smaller head .

One thing I dont like is the lack of gap between upper prongs and the giraffe.

It was valid to post them, especially after you made them, though im pretty happy with rizlars changes, and so far it seems quite a few are! (Hooray!)

Network Hub
    very nice Rizlar, that is one high tech giraffe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Looks very good Rizlar! I'd roll with that one.

I say: Done. SOLD!
    yez plz 10charactaerrrrrs
    Find me on the Steams

With this one, what I especially like, is how most of the hand drawn sketch lines are towards the center of the image, the intersection of the giraffe and the VS logo. If we are to fiddle with the tiniest of details, I'd like to see the bottom spoke be like the others; sharp and precise towards the pointy end, rough and sketchy towards the middle. Then, it'd be just perfect, shape-wise. The teal colour should probably be a different shade of the green colour, to make the VS logo and it's backdrop seem more like one unit.

I also really love the little bit of clearance between the giraffe and the VS logo. It all looks really sweet!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I'd like to see the bottom spoke be like the others; sharp and precise towards the pointy end.
    Good point. This may not be the popular opinion, but does anyone else miss the pointed giraffe lip? Think I preferred it to the silhouette being entirely rounded. Need to finesse the silhouette a bit more anyway.

Good point.
    *badabing-DISCH!*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Good point. This may not be the popular opinion, but does anyone else miss the pointed giraffe lip? Think I preferred it to the silhouette being entirely rounded. Need to finesse the silhouette a bit more anyway.
    I agree with Eso on making the points all sharp. I also like the less rounded lip.

In all, that's an excellent design there Rizlar. Thank you again. In order to move things on I'm gonna step in here and say that will be the logo (though possibly with minor tweaks on the VS logo points and giraffe lip).

As for colours, I'd suggest people start producing their own variations and then we will go with one of the more popular ones when I'm properly back in front of a computer and can browse the thread fully.

In terms of guidance, I think the following can be agreed upon(?):

VS colours are good to include, but do not stick to them blindly. For reference colours use the ingame files (look for the 'ps2ls' extraction utility) or other SOE produced content. One of the key colours (purple, green, cyan) can be enough to provide a VS feel without pulling them all entirely.

Feel free to deviate from VS colours, and do so for effect. But be careful not to veer towards colours that give the impression of other empires. In terms of colours it is more important that the logo doesn't look NC or TR than it does look VS (for the purposes of possible eventual decal).

Testing logos against a Giraffe camo Gal as Lakroy did is a very good idea...

(I thought guidelines would help more than not having any, and I stuck with most of what's been discussed so far, but don't take them as 'gospel'. If you have a colour style you'd like to consider, throw it up here.)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Good call, Cooper!

For inspiration, here is a colour reference chart someone on the TVA forums sifted out of the official forums:

http://www.planetside2forum.com/thre...color-palettes

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Gotta envy the TR outfits and their pallette. Sharing inspiration from groups as diverse as

The White Stripes

Coca Cola

And the Nazis

Meanwhile I think we've pretty much just got Van Gogh from that one time he did shrooms;

Lip:
    I actually dont mind either way on this. Real giraffes top lip is curved, but looking back the pointy version wasnt that bad. Both are still fairly pointy, regardless.

Tip:
    I disagree, I like the slightly torn off look at the tips, but so long as its only as sharp as the others, and doesnt go crazy, I can live with that. I do like it a bit more ragged though, especially if we are going with the rough painted on scratched off look.. To me, it looks a little like its been painted on but a little speck has run down the side.. pretty small detail but thats how it feels.

Blip:
    Like I said, I dont particularly like the little bit sticking off of the top of the bottom prong though. Slight niggle: could you move the small half diamond at the bottom up a little bit? It feels cut off from the other four diamonds, because they form a larger diamond in and of themselves. Maybe even add more. Im still not sold on diamonds, but I guess cooper has decided. Perhaps one final pass over them though, because something is off for me?

Flip:
    In terms of colour comments, the greens should be flipped around, as per the original with these colours. The cyan is a bit too bright as it currently is, but that wouldnt be too much of an issue if it was the logo I dont think?

Ship?:
    See what I did there?
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 25-04-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Shore I did. (An oldie but still a goodie)

Very happy with the final iterations (including proposed finishing touches). I think I'm in the pointed-lip camp as well, makes it look a bit more stylised.

I'm not sure I'm sold on the diamonds, but something there is better than nothing, I like keeping the Vanu logo sketchy, it pays lip-service to the Vanu without dominating the design with the uninspiring triangle-thing.

Are we really discussing trout-pout on giraffes?