View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Loving it.

I've not commented previously since I have little to contribute. Agree that the cyan needs toned down a bit, generally on colour are we thinking solid block colour like currently or would there be highlighting to add?

I prefer the block colour if it ends up being a decal but for website use etc it might benefit from a bit of shadow/highlight.

I'm also much more ok being associated with a drug addled manic depressive artist than the Nazis! I have no opinion on lips.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Yes, I too really like Rizlar's new version. Spots are nice and unique. The lip looks fine this way too, might prefer the sharper one just a little bit more though.

Here it is on the good ol' galaxy (contrast has been reduced slightly in order to make it fit more with the general lighting of the scene):

IDY5Zl4l.jpg

Looks great, and I think I prefer it with the cyan as background and the teal/green for the Vanu logo. Fits nicely with the teal/green highlights on the galaxy, and the contrast of the dark purple giraffe head on the lively cyan is excellent. To me it says - Rest assured, RPS is bringing the laser disco to you!
    Last edited by LaKroy; 25-04-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Looks really good! Though I still wonder if the cyan shouldn't be a lighter shade of the greenish colour instead. Not sure how that works with the spots on the neck though...

Anyway, my final niggle with this is that I'd like to have the bottom spike be as spiky as the others, and not quite so rough towards the top (underneath the chin of the 'raffe).

Good job everyone!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    About those projections onto vehicles. Is that a feature actually planned for a GU at some point or is it something the devs casually said might happen one day? Given that they're only just fixing the queue issues with GU8 I wonder how soon wed see the logo on the field.

Outfit decals is something that has been hinted at on the Roadmap, I believe. Can't recall if it's still there, though. Can't even check from work.

Network Hub
    Currently June on the roadmap. Looks like they are planning on doing a kind of Outfit overhaul then.

http://www.planetside2.com/roadmap

Thought I saw it on there. Lots of exciting things there, if I recall. Does it still only go to June?

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    They have it scheduled to June and then they have a shedload of unscheduled stuff as well; although a lot of that does seem to be 'this was in the roadmap but now it's here because of the Battle Flow stuff we're changing'.

Damn, I'm looking at that picture and I wanna fly that awesome Purple Giraffe Galaxy right now.

Flying Giraffe Squadron ftw ! June seems way too far though T_T

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Im currently making a few diff colour variants, but I spotted an alternative spike type that Rizlar hasnt shown us. The spikes are pointy, but slightly shorter:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c0jmgdjcp245044

giraffealtspikes2.jpgShorter

giraffealtspikes.jpgOriginal

I also edited out that little strange bit sticking up from the bottom prong.

Last edited by BasicPauly; 25-04-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Ok, I have put together the most recent version (most pointy) in colours that have previously been discussed and have been (somewhat) popular. Ive probably missed some, but I chose a few that I thought were quite well composed in various ranges. Click to make bigger.

1:
    giraffecol1.jpg

2:
    giraffecol2.jpg

3:
    giraffecol3.jpg
    4:
    giraffecol4.jpg
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 25-04-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Last edited by BasicPauly; 25-04-2013 at 08:35 PM.

9: Rizlars original from the vote on OP
    giraffecol9.jpg
    10:
    giraffecol10.jpg
    11:
    giraffecol11.jpg
    12:
    giraffecol12.jpg
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 25-04-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Looks really good! Though I still wonder if the cyan shouldn't be a lighter shade of the greenish colour instead. Not sure how that works with the spots on the neck though...!
    Andddddd,
    13:
    giraffecol13.jpg

Sorry if there is some issue with the thumbnails displaying.. I keep getting some of them showing up as links rather than images? Not sure why, but just click the link, or let me know if it doesnt work and ill try and re upload.

They are all ok, but im not a fan of 10 or 12. 11 has the cyan and green the wrong way round I think.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 25-04-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cheers Pauly, that's a lot of giraffes! They all seem to be loading fine for me.

The shorter points were in case people didn't like them longer, but the line coming off the lower point that you erased was deliberate... :O
    Last edited by Rizlar; 25-04-2013 at 09:19 PM.

That looked really nice, in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Meanwhile I think we've pretty much just got Van Gogh from that one time he did shrooms;
    The only other ones that spring to mind are Monet's crazy UV paintings and the Decepticon insignia.

If you're still accepting contributions, I have a rough idea for a logo.

I'll definitely need to tweak the colours and give it some more polish, but I like the idea of a segmented giraffe head.
    What does everyone think? Does the second one look like I tried too hard to force the Vanu symbol in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Cheers Pauly, that's a lot of giraffes! They all seem to be loading fine for me.

The shorter points were in case people didn't like them longer, but the line coming off the lower point that you erased was deliberate... :O
    I know it was deliberate, I just thought it was unnecessary. It was standing out more than any other rough sketch elements and was a bit out of place, hence why I removed it.

I dont think we should edit the tips any further, because I like how rough edged and frayed they are as it really adds to the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    That looked really nice, in fact!
    Who were you responding to Eso?

Quote Originally Posted by HippyMaster View Post
    The only other ones that spring to mind are Monet's crazy UV paintings and the Decepticon insignia.

If you're still accepting contributions, I have a rough idea for a logo.

I'll definitely need to tweak the colours and give it some more polish, but I like the idea of a segmented giraffe head.
    What does everyone think? Does the second one look like I tried too hard to force the Vanu symbol in there?
    Thanks for the contribution though the design has now been decided upon.

They look pretty cool though, and with refinement im sure they would have made a great alternative. Very transformers-ey!

On the left we have the Auto-raffes, and on the right the Decepti-raffes. :P
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 25-04-2013 at 11:46 PM.

giraffe3.jpg

I haven't messed with much image editing in years (so please excuse the poor colouring-in job), but I had to revive the bananaraffe one more time.

Still like it.

Hrm yeah bananaraffe is my favourite. Otherwise 5 or 6 sort of works for me. Never was a huge fan of cyan.