View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, looks very good. Maybe lighten the green just a little bit, so that it will stand out a bit better on our Giraffe Galaxies once player studio comes online "this year, for sure" (according to Tramell Isaac).

Personally I like the purple/yellow/purple colour scheme too, though. The giraffe does not overlap the outer edge/rim, so there should be no problems going for a two colour solution (with one colour having two nuances to distinguish the VS logo).
    If you lighten the green the yellow will stand out less, not more?

If you look up to lakroys post, the green does stand out VERY well on galaxies and in fact moreso than the yellow variant .

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    If you look up to lakroys post, the green does stand out VERY well on galaxies and in fact moreso than the yellow variant .
    I think the purple would look nicer. Swap the green with the purple, change the green to a more cyan-y colour and try that out.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Activated Node
    Full sized ones here if people want to tinker with them->http://imgur.com/a/CmVhK#2 <-I'll do the spots purple and put that one up in a sec.

Here's a brighter one with purple markings, with some random tweaking/filters/etc. Better versions of the lot in the imgur link.
    giraffe3.jpggiraffe3a.jpggiraffe3b.jpggiraffe3a2.jpggiraffe4.jpg

Think the last one's my favourite. When I did the emboss effect for the second it changed the contrast and brightness a bit and looked way better, so I've made the same kinda change to the original. Green may need to go a bit more cyany still.. will try swapped green/purple next.

Colour flip one felt odd. Didn't look right just copying and pasting colours from previous ones over so had to play a bit.. Think that could definitely have potential with a bit more fiddling though. Think I maybe like it more. I'll leave it for tonight and see what you lot think in the morning. xD
    Last edited by Kemuel; 13-04-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemuel View Post
    These look nice, more fitting as Vanu rave apparel than the purple/green/white variant (which I like just as much). For the record, I am satisfied with the current form, with BasicPauly's modification of the Vanu logo to a less sketchy version.

I have made three new galaxy pictures using these new colour schemes, as well as the one advocated by BasicPauly.

4HfUD2dl.jpg

ErJkpjml.jpg

ivaVnKFl.jpg

Out of the two new ones, I find the one with purple background provides the best contrast and visibility of the giraffe head. However, the original colour scheme (with a white giraffe head) is still the best contrast-wise.

Kemuel's suggestions are very colourful and are more about laser disco and Vanu rave... The white giraffe variant is also very neat, and provides better contrast (especially in combination with giraffe camo). I cannot decide which I like the most.

I also want to say that I think the giraffe silhouette looks great, and I don't find the snout to have an overly beakish appearance. Giraffes look like that!

giraffe_1.jpg
    Last edited by LaKroy; 14-04-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Pedantry - very minor adjustment of logo position on galaxy.

Number 2 or number 3. Preferably 2, it just fits the cyan highlights on the galaxy better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I like 2 the best. It looks really slick, honsestly. Good job!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yeah 2 on the gal for sure
    Find me on the Steams

Yep #2 for me as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    The purple background on the logo works best for me.

Activated Node
    I really like the second one too. I was thinking we could adjust brightness/contrast etc based on the skin. Like, could take a few screenshots and take the levels from them so they don't look odd.

All three of lakroys last photoshop ones look alright (meaning colour composition/location), but Im still not convinced on the particular shades of each.

The green and purple are way too bright and garish, and the yellow is too much of a bananna/baby poo colour. They have been changed way too much.

Rizlars green and purple are the best in my opininon, and are the greens and purples we should use in any combination we choose. The brighter colours are pretty bold and garish, and frankly hurt my eyes to look at now. (ok, maybe a tiny bit brighter purple, but not garishly so)

We really cant stray too far into a cyan look for the thing, because its too overpowering.
    I dont mind the inverted version of the green/purple original, but again, the colours should not be made THAT much lighter.

This version isnt too bad, but would be better with kemuels original yellow, and rizlars original purple/green. Let me stress for the bazillionth time, this yellow is horrible.
    I would like to see this version with the alternative yellow, and the original green?

This is alright, but.. again the yellow is horrible.

(kemuel original yellow) I MUCH prefer the colours here, though the purple could be ever so slightly lighter. The yellow and green are perfect. The pastel tones are much easier on the eyes and work well up against vehicles/armour/whatever. (I would be happy to go with this combination as a final)

Though: I still MUCH prefer having a white giraffe, as it stands out massively from the purple/green logo. (maybe the white could be slightly more muted)
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 14-04-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Network Hub
    I like number 2 of those shots a lot more, yellow contrasting with purple is good for maximum disco garishness. Number 1 is ok but doesn't have enough purple for my liking, number 3 is way too subdued, and I think the albino giraffe look weird. Maybe if it had evil red eyes, however...

Quote Originally Posted by protorp View Post
    I like number 2 of those shots a lot more, yellow contrasting with purple is good for maximum disco garishness. Number 1 is ok but doesn't have enough purple for my liking, number 3 is way too subdued, and I think the albino giraffe look weird. Maybe if it had evil red eyes, however...
    number 3 is the best IMO, because its neutral colours. Garish is not what we want in a logo, at all, but the yellow version in a pastel colour (number 3 on my post) is balanced well.

Im sure rizlar could tweak it to be perfect, but again, we are all discussing colours when the important thing is to wait for a finalised version of the above.

Activated Node
    Sooner or later we will need to decide how fabulous we want to be, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Can't we just vote on those four?
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Can't we just vote on those four?
    Most people seem to prefer one of the top three, as they are variations of a theme (how much brown in your orange). I can see a way where people could go for either of those, but having only to vote for one of them, the fourth option comes ahead. To resolve it: 3 surveys. First one we choose 3 out of 4, second 2 out of 3, and the final.

Activated Node
    It'd be nice to see the more muted one on the side of a gal too, if someone could make that magic happen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemuel View Post
    It'd be nice to see the more muted one on the side of a gal too, if someone could make that magic happen
    I can do more galaxy pics. Which is the more muted one? Do we have a "muted" variant with a purple background (as several people seem to like that)?

Activated Node
    Third one on Pauly's list, should be in the imgur gallery too.

Oh wait, sorry, purple background? No, not done one of those yet. Will do if I get a chance tonight.
    Last edited by Kemuel; 14-04-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yes, enough stalling already! Let's get a few variants up for a new vote.