View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    2 second mockup of the logo with the cyan and without spots (and 'scuffs', just to see what it looked like):

Can't take any credit for the colours by the way, it was Coopers idea from a few pages past.

The bandana is amazing!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    The teal will most definitely go.
    WHAAT? We could still go with teal/turquoise, cos we're old school. Would also then distinguish it from the normal, official VS colours (something that I would quite like, to give the outfit a bit more of a unique identity). More generally, this means we will in all likelihood have to tweak the colours again once the patch hits. Not really a problem, it will perhaps be helpful to make another minor pass after finishing the logo. Also that headband is amazing, using it for TacGir is a great idea. >.<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, I was trying to think of a way to mod the logo for TacGir, and that idea is just brilliant!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Regarding thr swatch Rizlar refered to earlier. I got those colours from a dev blog post about the Vanu design from 2011.

Things have shifted since then and the new colours will shift even more.

I don't think we should be concerned about matching VS colours exactly. (I don't like the mustard either, but it worked in that quick sketch I did for contrast.) I just think they're a good place to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Winged variant for the frequent fliers? Or wearing a pilots helmet?

Aviator shades!

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    2 second mockup of the logo with the cyan and without spots (and 'scuffs', just to see what it looked like):

Can't take any credit for the colours by the way, it was Coopers idea from a few pages past.

The bandana is amazing!
    With these versions by cooper, I dont like how the giraffe pokes into the outer circle. I like it when the giraffe is contained in the logo circle.

Rizlars last one was good:

What do people think about this one, or this with a slightly more purple giraffe close to the dark one in my last (shown below).

Rizlar: whats with the line down the side? I think it kind of ruins the neck a little.

ill keep my avatar as logo for now. not helpful, I know, but Im really proud of what I flung together in half an hour.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Rizlar: whats with the line down the side? I think it kind of ruins the neck a little.
    Yeah, that's something I intend to get rid of when I fix up the details. It was originally to suggest the tiny giraffe-mane, but I never really wanted to keep it. In case anyone is wondering, I also intend to redo the spots and the scraped-away bits of texture, as well as re-draw the sketchy VS symbol and neaten up the giraffe, just haven't got round to any of that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    ill keep my avatar as logo for now. not helpful, I know, but Im really proud of what I flung together in half an hour.
    Niiiice. 'Quanta Cat, IT IS TIME!'

capslock

COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE uahwuahwuah
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post

This one is my favourite so far.

Things to maybe adapt and change slightly though Rizlar:

Could you try a (darkish purle) varient of the giraffe? I like how the dark Giraffe stands out against the teal currently, but it might look nicer if it were more, purpleyish?

I like the idea of the having different logo varients for different arms of RPS, such as the bandana for TACGIR, aviator goggles for AIRGIR. If we were to go with the idea of adding individual characteristics to the main logo, perhaps a more un-cluttered, 'universal blueprint' varient of the Giraffe might be better? I.e. Toning down the spots, or at the very least looking at different versions of them. I could be completely wrong, but currently the ones higher up the neck might constrict design freedom.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Agree with Nick on all points.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Yeah, that's something I intend to get rid of when I fix up the details. It was originally to suggest the tiny giraffe-mane, but I never really wanted to keep it. In case anyone is wondering, I also intend to redo the spots and the scraped-away bits of texture, as well as re-draw the sketchy VS symbol and neaten up the giraffe, just haven't got round to any of that yet.
    One thing I particularly like about the current VS logo is how its slightly skewed off to the right, and how it isnt perfectly symmetrical. Also, I like how the logo cuts off before the giraffe head to promote separation of elements.

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post

Could you try a (darkish purle) varient of the giraffe? I like how the dark Giraffe stands out against the teal currently, but it might look nicer if it were more, purpleyish?
    Yeah, Thats essentially the last version I posted. Cyan would be an easy change.

I like the idea of the having different logo varients for different arms of RPS, such as the bandana for TACGIR, aviator goggles for AIRGIR.

I like the concept of different logos, but not necessarily the proposed ideas. Bandana isnt that representative of tactical for me, though the goggles idea could work.. Flight cap too.

If we were to go with the idea of adding individual characteristics to the main logo, perhaps a more un-cluttered, 'universal blueprint' varient of the Giraffe might be better? I.e. Toning down the spots, or at the very least looking at different versions of them. I could be completely wrong, but currently the ones higher up the neck might constrict design freedom.
    Not sure about toning them down. I think they need to be made bolder if anything, but I see what you mean. The spots wouldnt need to be removed from the base version, you could just edit them slightly from the changed versions.

The final image will likely be in TIFF format, or something similar with layers, so all you need to do is download it and open it up.
    Each element is separated in any good graphical composition, as with rizlars posts, so you can just click on the spot layer and remove a few of them if it got in the way too much.

On a previous note: I dont much like the idea of removing the spots, because it helps identify the giraffe and shows the camo idea. Its one of my favourite features personally, though I do agree that they should be cleaned up, because currently they have bits jutting out etc. The ones on rizlars original design were cool, though whatever works best for this version is also good.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 18-04-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post

For the love of all that is holy, please do not use a logo with that orangey/peachy/whateverthatis colour against the yellow and purple. Its hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemuel View Post
    And I know they're a bit bright and garish (I usually like more muted or dark colours), but I still love bananaraffes. They've got personality - they have more of the feel of 'pun-making, purple spandex, pew-pew and giraffe camo' than some of the other logo variants, and that seems to be the most important thing really (at least to me).

I also like the idea of slight differences in the base logo to represent the different off-shoots (though I agree the headband doesn't strike me as very TACGIR for some reason). I'm not sure how difficult that would be, nor what differences would really be best for the different sections (and how long would that take to decide?!). Perhaps that sort of thing should be left until we've decided on something final for the general logo.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    How about:

Biggles-style goggles for the AIRGIR
    A helmet for the TACGIR (with RPS along the side or whatever - think the cover of Dispatches by Michael Herr - an excellent book, if you haven't read it, do)
    And for TANKGIR ... I don't know. Something that says "I drive a tank".

Other options for TACGIR:
    Night vision goggles
    War Paint/Camo (replacing the regular colour for the entire giraffe silhouette, or just on the face - not sure this one would work well).

I think the bandana is a bit ... naff. There. I said it.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 18-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    I think the bandana is a bit ... naff. There. I said it.
    And giraffe camo isn't?

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    And giraffe camo isn't?
    Point taken Although giraffe camo does make you look like NC in game ... though how useful that is I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    And giraffe camo isn't?
    I dont think its THAT bad and the camo has some humour, where as a headband makes me think of ninjas and the karate kid, and tacgir doesnt fit that to me.

Anyway this is all just ideas for other stuff, not necessarily gonna happen :P.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    The headband was entirely my response to an old (joking) suggestion in the YouTube thread and was not intended as a serious submission as an alteration...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The headband was entirely my response to an old (joking) suggestion in the YouTube thread and was not intended as a serious submission as an alteration...
    Yeah, I know :P. There was a suggestion to have several versions for different inter-outfit groups. Kind of like a squad system or something I guess.