View Poll Results: Which ROUGH SKETCH(ES) of the logo do you prefer. You may select more than one.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logo 1

5 8.06%
  • Logo 2

20 32.26%
  • Logo 3

16 25.81%
  • Logo 4

30 48.39%
  • Logo 5

4 6.45%
  • Logo 6

0 0%
  • Logo 7

9 14.52%
  • Logo 8

18 29.03%
  • Logo 9

4 6.45%
  • I, personally, would be willing to submit a logo design to fit a brief.

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Here is the silhouette by itself (black and white): http://i.imgur.com/aE5Z7Tt.png

aE5Z7Tt.jpg
    This is the original image I used to create the silhouette: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7137/7...3cf907cb_o.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Here is the silhouette by itself (black and white): http://i.imgur.com/aE5Z7Tt.png

aE5Z7Tt.jpg
    This is the original image I used to create the silhouette: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7137/7...3cf907cb_o.jpg
    I think for this design to work it would need to be without the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    That should be easily achieved by going back to the original image, as it is not a total silhouette. I'll try to make a version without the neck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'm not so sure, but there needs to be a line separating the head from the neck. I actually really liked the neck, and the way it looked like the giraffe was putting its head through that ring. I shall experiment when I find the time.

Obscure Node
    Agreed, some separation between the head and neck is needed but I think the neck should stay, I like the idea that the giraffe is sticking its head through the ring. Colour wise I can't input anything.

I like the looks of logo 3, it shows we are vanu and it looks tongue in cheek with a giraffe in the middle. Tag line and font are great, don't see any need to change those.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Select the half without the neck, copy paste, flip & re-align.

I'd do it myself, but am about to go out.

Symmetry would help for logo 4 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Question: Do we count votes for 1 and 2 as votes for the same "style"?
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

I voted for 1 but not 2, and I suppose most others did too, who voted for 1? I'd say count them as the same, styslistically, speaking. But seriously: the seahorse has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I would say yes.

Speaking in terms of style and in fact colour.. I think we have pinned that down really in the YT thread.. some combination of the colours and textures discussed. Its more the design/layout we need to finalise, but I think we are pretty much there, its just about seeing some more opinions and feedback.

In response to the post before that, number 4 does have symmetry. I think if we use a front on giraffe head it needs symmetry, because the sideways neck throws it off.. If we are going for asymmetry, we should go all the way, and go logo 2 ish.

Im still pretty in love with logo 2, and the changed colour variants of it, so im going to push for this, but again, thanks for supporting 4 so far guys. We could probably try and re-do 4, but in coopers textures/colours... the one I made was pretty low resolution.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 08-04-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I reckon that the top 3 or so should be looked at/discussed/semi-finalised and then resubmitted for voting.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I voted for 1 but not 2, and I suppose most others did too, who voted for 1? I'd say count them as the same, styslistically, speaking. But seriously: the seahorse has to go.
    It doesnt look like a seahorse.. and to me, its the most giraffe one of them all. The only thing that could maybe be changed, is widening the face area a bit.. Just pulling it down to the bottom left a little so its thicker, but even thats not THAT necessary.

It is striking, comedic, and sleek.. I really like it, especially the simple circular spots on its back.. I really dont want to see it go, because IMO its the best. I also love how the bottom left of the neck is in the circle, but the top right pokes out slightly.

I cannot stress enough how beautiful a composition number 2 is graphically.. It ticks all the boxes of a good logo.... Even the colours I wouldnt change at this point, though I guess we could tweak those too.

Also, its one of the few things me and Ride have agreed on, so dont take that away from us!!
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 08-04-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Here is the giraffe head silhouette without the neck: http://i.imgur.com/Z5rdCxq.png

Z5rdCxq.jpg

This is from a real giraffe, and it's 95% symmetrical. The final 5% of asymmetry makes it more interesting, in my opinion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yes, I quite like 2. But yeah, after Eso said it it looks sort of like a seahorse. Perhaps the neck could be a tad thicker. I think 4 is great as well, without so much of the dirty up dubstep-video-on-youtube texture (2 has a bit too much of that as well imo, but it's a little less!).
    Find me on the Steams

Can people start drawing giraffes in profile then?

I created 1 by simply tracing one of the first giraffe-in-profile I found on Google images. I don't like it, but the style of 2 is a bit off.

I'd prefer just 2 but with minor tweaks to make it less "seahorsey"
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

See, to me, it's the snout. It's too thin on 2, just perfect on 1. Agree with Cooper that 2 is superior in all other respects.

It also turns out that I've misplaced my copy of PaintShop in the ruckus with the harddrive malfunction... :/

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    See, to me, it's the snout. It's too thin on 2, just perfect on 1. Agree with Cooper that 2 is superior in all other respects.

It also turns out that I've misplaced my copy of PaintShop in the ruckus with the harddrive malfunction... :/
    I see what you mean with the snout.. Thats why I said it could potentially be made a tad thicker.. but the neck is perfectly in proportion to the head.. Seahorse bodies are actually quite thick proportionately..

Anyway.. people like the "circle with giraffe head/textured" idea, it seems... so I think thats the way to work. If we went with rizlars giraffe, but (as he said he would) he can tweak the snout a *little* bit (not too much because I love the fact that its stylised/cartoony/stand out).. That would essentially ease peoples concerns.

This is what ive been pushing for and it seems that people generally agree.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Here ya go chaps.

Here is the .tiff for anyone that wants a higher resolution/uncropped neck/layers.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?paah70bpdl6f34g

Been really slow at getting stuff done for this so far, sorry. Am basically ready to knock up the youtube background too, just need to get it done (decided against doing any more rough work; since the drawn elements are minimal the finished design can be adapted digitally anyway). Obviously the silhouette can continue to be tweaked, there are a couple of wobbly bits that would be smoothed out in vectoring as well.

That's brilliant, thank you so much Rizlar.

In that case, I'll call the vote closed and we will proceed with 1/2 with Rizlar's new silhouette.

Next thing to decide is colours. So far we've stuck with VS-ish colours. Do we continue to do that?

(I think the giraffe silhouette should be purple. For obvious reasons.)
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Rizlar, its nice, and a step in the right direction, but im not sure about the sharp front lip.

Also, the definition in the upper half of the head (excluding the ears/horns) could be closer to your original, because I really like the subtle brow and definition in the jaw.

Perhaps also less of a curve on the top and bottom of the snout? more of a sharp look?

Overall, while I still love the original one, this one probably would make some people more happy.

MOST IMPORTANTLY HOWEVER: even if you ignore the above, the following are essential:

- The head should be slightly poking out of the circle, as in the original design.
    - The spots on the neck should be added (exactly as they are on the original).

Cooper: In terms of colours, Ive grown to like the colours you were using, however the purple could be a tiny bit lighter still.
    The giraffe should stay the colour it is, with purple spots. It really works having a dark background and a pronounced light giraffe. The green should stay as it is.

Id like to see a new version with those changes in mind if people are ok with that and if Rizlar/whoever is willing.