Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    You can just download a google doc as PDF yeah, no formatting needed, it will be as it was on docs.

Regarding game guides I think we decided that we should leave that to the TEST manual etc and just link them in. There are good guides already, not needed to produce more.

Regarding certing we have a thread for that, there is a lot to say so I think it might be hard to be concise. Game guides should also cover that and perhaps we can link in youtube cert guides.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    You can just download a google doc as PDF yeah, no formatting needed, it will be as it was on docs.

... perhaps we can link in youtube cert guides.
    Ah good to know about the Doc to PDF thing.

Good point about YouTube guides (and others), no point reinventing (or rewriting) the wheel if people have already produced great guides that are publicly available elsewhere.

Obscure Node
    Hi what i always missing when approaching a base is where i the vehicle pad to hack or points located etc... here http://ps2maps.com/miller/indar you can zoom in and got the information especially usefull when doing galaxy drops.
    RPS Purple Giraffe Addict - Richtersen-

Network Hub
    hey guys, I found a guy that makes a number of guides on youtube. Could the veterans foolproof it and tell us if the informations are good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG-Kdq6c1ks

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Haven't had tiume to watch your vids, Silgidorn. Just wanted to say that I've found Wrel's guides pretty good. He has done some nice analyses of things like efficiency of underbarrel grenades, though much of that is now seriously out of date.

How about this guy? Seems legit, but I'm at work, and haven't been able to check it out fully:

Personally I feel getting into the game, talking with others in the outfit and trying things out for yourself (VR is a good place for a lot of it) is the best way to figure loadouts out, especially since several items comes down to personal preference and play style.

Just got round to reading the guides here and wanted to thank Esoteric for the fantastic job he's done! Especially the highlighting of fun above everything else

Thanks, man! Let's make sure the content makes its way into the outfit guide, so that it becomes a bit easier to find, once that thing becomes a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Thanks, man! Let's make sure the content makes its way into the outfit guide, so that it becomes a bit easier to find, once that thing becomes a thing.
    I've been working on the guide on and off. Wanted to get it done before the C2A this week, but haven't had the time.

It is deliberately open to all to edit. There is nothing stopping anyone who reads this migrating Eso's guides in this thread over to that Google Doc...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Yeah, haven't found the energy to do it myself. I should get my act together and just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, haven't found the energy to do it myself. I should get my act together and just do it.
    A copypasta will do.

I plan to do a "formatting" pass near the end. Right now we just need to get words on the pages...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Okay, done! Looks like crap, though, so that formatting pass is going to be needed.

Think I just doubled or even tripled the length of that guide...

The guide will now be hosted on the website. I am in the process of migrating the info across.

For now, please check out the manifesto which I've given a pass on and updated.

Feedback very much welcome.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    please check out the manifesto which I've given a pass on and updated.
    When I get website access (Ive contacted CMaster on this), Id be happy to do some edits.

I see the aim with the layout of the manifesto, but I think its a little crammed at the moment, so it might be worth thinking about how the page can be laid out a little better to separate and group elements for ease of reading. (more spacing/having titles similarly aligned?).

The content is good, but I would probably go over and have a read of a few of the sentences in there, just to make sure that they make complete sense and the best use of structure.

I hope you dont feel im being over critical.

EDIT: There are also some scaling issues when resizing the page. elements become jumbled, as do headings. For example, the "fun and friendly" title jumps above "oraganised, effective..", and those two sections of text become one.

It might just be a good idea to go with a standard format. Also might want to have the content as part of the same 'div' as each heading.

Im assuming you will be adding the job list and tacgir pages etc soon anyway.

I actually already have an item to add to the list, as I would like to find competent video makers who might be interested in making content for the main YT channel.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 02-06-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Super double post side note:

Were there plans to have a link to a page for "guides" other than guides to special roles?

Im not sure what the plans are yet regarding site layout, and it would be good to have a chat about this if you wanted some more input.

It would be good to have both CMasters call to arms guide and Esoterics Mentorship program have a permanent link under game info.

So the following layout:

- Guides (Currently game info)
    -- Cert Guide
    -- Special Role Guide (soldier through supreme) (TacGir)
    -- CTA Guide
    -- Mumble Setup

- Organisation (page) ( possibly have its own tab?)
    -- Mentorship Programme
    -- Project TO DO List
    -- Project Leaders

* = linked from perent page, with brief introduction contents (sub link if possible)

Similarly, it might be a good idea to have Roster and Manifesto under one heading?

- Info
    -- Manifesto (Page)
    -- Roster (Page)
    -- Logo?
    -- Leaderboards
    -- How to join us

Added rough outline on the "guide to special roles" contents page for you to work from, if you want it.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 02-06-2013 at 03:55 AM.