Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Should be noted that even chemical weapon warheads are also ridiculously hard to mount on a ballistic missile. Unlike an artillery shell, a Scud or similar TBM descends so fast that the agents are more likely to end up as a toxic (if rather insignificant) puddle at the bottom of a crater rather than as a poisonous cloud engulfing a city block, which is why despite Israel's concerns that Saddam would put nerve gas warheads on his Scuds during Desert Storm, coalition planners didn't believe for a second his armed forces had that capability.
    And yet, ten years of sanctions later, after the iraqi armed forces had mostly rusted away, they then decided that they did believe he had that capability. Funny how politics works.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roryok View Post
    And yet, ten years of sanctions later, after the iraqi armed forces had mostly rusted away, they then decided that they did believe he had that capability. Funny how politics works.
    You mean, like a USS Maine event or a Mukden Incident. Pretexts are pretexts, and pretexts can be manufactured.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I'd be more concerned with the U.S. turning on itself given a large prison system, more surveillance of the population, the use of drones, etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Use of drones ? Are we there already ?
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Permits by 2015, but lots of mini-drones probably being employed:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/drones-skies-domestically-article-1.1278342