Thread: Display names

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar

Display names

I notice quite a few people use different display names for forums, Mumble and/or in-game, which leads to a bit of confusion. I realize the nature of the game does not always allow people to use the names they want in all places, and that's fine. But could we at least try to make sure that it's possible to see who is who somehow?

Suggestion:
    Forums: if your forum name is different from your in-game name, write your in-game name in your forum signature.
    Mumble: if you use Mumble for other things than just PS2 and use a different name there, maybe include your PS2 name somehow, like in parantheses? (Jesus_Phish(Tuimic) is one good example of this)

You have a very good point - and as soon as I am able I will append my ingame name to my signature.

Currently, however, that option seems to be barred for me - I assume I need more posts?

In the meantime, my name ingame and on Mumble is/will be "Bearum"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    In Mumble I already do that. But forum signatures is a good idea too. Getting on that.

*edit*
    Seems like signatures are not dynamic in this forum. So this will only apply for new posts.
    Last edited by bonkers; 08-04-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Good, good! In time, if you are regulars of the forum, your signatures will crop up and people will learn. This should work out alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyndylan View Post
    You have a very good point - and as soon as I am able I will append my ingame name to my signature.

Currently, however, that option seems to be barred for me - I assume I need more posts?

In the meantime, my name ingame and on Mumble is/will be "Bearum"

I think its 10 you need? I tried it a few weeks back and it didn't work ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶
    Last edited by Safilpope; 08-04-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Nope, it didnt