Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hehe. Welcome aboard. Cooper is responsible for rationing the talc powder, but he's a tough sell.

A better gun than the HV-45 is going to be hard to find for the medic. I'd stick with that for close to medium range encounters. A shotgun maybe for extreme close quarters or with slugs as an provided battle rifle for medium and above.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    I had a blast. I'm an American so the times aren't exactly ideal for me but I like you guys enough that I'm switching from TR Waterson to Vanu Scum. I'm trying to get the hang of these strobe lights you people call guns but it isn't easy. It looks like we need medics more than anything, so any suggestions for a more powerful disco ball? I'm running with an HV-45 right now.

Also the uniform is like, right up my ass all the time. Who do I talk to for a bigger ration of talc powder? Things get swampy during the more intense fights.
    The Hydra H-V45 is probably the best rifle variant among all Vanu weapons (carbines, LMGs and ARs). NV scope, Adv Laser, Soft Point Ammunition and go to town.

As for general medic advice, maximise your Medic Tool and Medic Ability. Perhaps Revive Grenades (aka Jesus Bombs), although they are situational. But especially useful during MAX crashes in biolabs.

As for the spandex, you don't need talc powder. Just use SAND: turn on your standard issue Soothing Anti-inflammatory Nanites Dispenser(Patent Pending - indefinitely - all the lawyers went NC and the Patent Office joined the TR), and you'll feel refreshed. Recruits these days.. Don't they teach you anything in basic?
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 14-04-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Sir Hoc - I was indeedy! I was mostly running around healing anyone I could get my nanites on, while trying to familiarise myself with the game.

My availability does tend to vary a bit, but I'm certainly interested in more giraffing about.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    I had a blast. I'm an American so the times aren't exactly ideal for me but I like you guys enough that I'm switching from TR Waterson to Vanu Scum. I'm trying to get the hang of these strobe lights you people call guns but it isn't easy. It looks like we need medics more than anything, so any suggestions for a more powerful disco ball? I'm running with an HV-45 right now.

Also the uniform is like, right up my ass all the time. Who do I talk to for a bigger ration of talc powder? Things get swampy during the more intense fights.
    I just recently got the Equinox for my medic. Got decent killing power and isn't halfbad at range either. Plus smoke grenadelauncher is really helpful in some situations.

Zekone - That's all we could ever ask for. And there's always room for more people in this crazy and awesome tower of Giraffes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dont remember who made the point of needing bots in NS2, but someone is working on making them! I just noticed this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...78&searchtext=

In the steam workshop. Looks interesting.

me me!
    yay for bots!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    me me!
    yay for bots!
    Yay! Just keep an eye on all the distributors, big chance a sale is coming up somewhere. Also, there is no garuantee the bots work with the next version or are being worked on. Its a mod project by some guy.

It might be just me, but I do better with my SX12 smg than the H-V45. Which is odd, the same firerate but the H-V45 does more damage per shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    It might be just me, but I do better with my SX12 smg than the H-V45. Which is odd, the same firerate but the H-V45 does more damage per shot.
    Do you usually fight at range or up close? I generally avoid SMGs as I like the option to shoot people at medium range

Tip for anyone using the Thanatos, I find in some situations its quicker to finish with the knife than wait for the fatal second (or third) shot.
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Typical infantry engagement range, so up to around 50 meters. Otherwise I don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post
    I find in some situations its quicker to finish with the knife than wait for the fatal second (or third) shot.
    I've been finding that a lot recently up close, get the first shot or burst off, then rather than re aiming just dive at em and go stabby.

Network Hub
    ^ Indeed, LA with shotgun and autosprint on mouse thumb button, drop into a group of enemies and dash around like a loon going blam-shank-blam-shank-blamblam-shankdie