Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    @Cmaster.

Let me check I've got this.

- A Supreme Giraffe who has all the Radio Giraffes on seperate PTT buttons.
    - All Radio Officers have the Supreme Giraffe on a seperate PTT button.
    - A bootplatoon where people join for a very shot time (to get outfit invites, get to the right continent etc.)
    - A bootplatoon admin who has the supreme giraffe and radio operators on seperate PTT buttons.
    - Individually recruiting squads.
    - When a player leaves bootplatoon they are told which squad to join, the bootplatoon admin gives a heads-up to the RO for that squad that they have a new player incoming. The player joins and moves mumble channel (if a Mumble admin is bootplatoon admin, they can drag people around Mumble).
    - Myself as liaison / pulling an enrico. Probably sitting in bootplatoon to greet people unless that gets too busy. Someone else as bootplatoon admin and someone else again as bootplatoon leader.

That sound about right?

EVERYONE LOVES DIAGRAMS!

Each person can talk up/down a given "\/" seperation, but no further. Radio giraffes speak with their specific SL. The supreme giraffe can talk to everyone.

Supreme Giraffe (CMaster?)
    \/ \/ \/
    Bootplatoon Leader
    Liaison (Cooper?)
    PL1 Radio Giraffes PL2 Radio Giraffes
    \/ \/ \/
    Bootplatoon Admin
    \/

Bootplatoon tutors
    PL1 Squad Leads PL2 Squad Leads

If that seems right, maybe people can start volunteering for positions and we'll fill it out with names. We need four Radio Giraffes and four Squad leads per platoon (that is not the bootplatoon), so there's a lot of spaces to fill.
    Last edited by Cooper; 09-04-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Write me down for anything you would need me to do Cooper, wherever that is PL/SL/RO I'm fine with that. I can also help the newbie platoon out, although I dont know everything about this game yet myself.

Activated Node
    First choice SL, second choice RO, I don't feel confident enough to be a tutor really.

Some SLs may want to run without an RO, which I assume would be good if we struggle to get enough people. Personally I don't have enough experience to make that decision a meaningful one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Thursday will be the first and the last night this week that Wife and I are both home at the same time, but I have negotiated a play session from 6.30 and at least a couple of hours, so I can join in on the final preparations, and will be able to participate as SL or RO or mentor if needed. I will need a replacement at around 8.30-9 UK time.

I've been doing RO quite a bit lately, and that is fun for sure, but I'd prefer SL this time, since that is something I have still to try under the new comms system.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    SL or RO here. Could tutor some SL if I sit as RO perhaps.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Thursday will be the first and the last night this week that Wife and I are both home at the same time, but I have negotiated a play session from 6.30 and at least a couple of hours, so I can join in on the final preparations, and will be able to participate as SL or RO or mentor if needed. I will need a replacement at around 8.30-9 UK time.

I've been doing RO quite a bit lately, and that is fun for sure, but I'd prefer SL this time, since that is something I have still to try under the new comms system.
    Go spend time with your wife. We will still be playing laser shoots on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Go spend time with your wife. We will still be playing laser shoots on Friday.
    Thanks for the relationship advice, but I wouldn't want to miss this. Someone needs to put the kid to bed anyway and I'll just be on for a short time, to get a feel for what's going on.

I think I'll be able to join this, and would prefer to be signed up for RO duty if anything (other than gal piloting obviously!). What little experience I've had was fun and I'm hungry for more, and I think I perform better in an overarching strategic and consulting capacity than whipping grunts into shape.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I'm hoping to be online for this guys, although I'm very new to Planetside 2 I'm pretty experienced with FPS games and hoping I can get up to speed pretty quickly. In the meantime I'll just go where I'm told and kill everything I can.

Wow I sound murdery.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    I'm hoping to be online for this guys, although I'm very new to Planetside 2 I'm pretty experienced with FPS games and hoping I can get up to speed pretty quickly. In the meantime I'll just go where I'm told and kill everything I can.

Wow I sound murdery.
    Just point the murdering in the direction of red and blue and that's very welcome

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...579#post276579

Old thoughts, I mostly agreed with CMaster oddly - but I do suggest that you think about using the 'spare' leader slots in the boot platoon for liaisons and thinking about a dedicated Galdrop/Air support team to move people about fast.

I'd be up for any SL/RO jobs or I can help out Cooper.

Having an air mobility group would be interesting. But aren't there problems with synchronizing jumps or pickups? When pilot is in another Mumble channel, I mean. Having a couple of dedicated scouts would be good!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Having an air mobility group would be interesting. But aren't there problems with synchronizing jumps or pickups? When pilot is in another Mumble channel, I mean. Having a couple of dedicated scouts would be good!
    To be fair, people should jump at own indiscration by looking at the map. Far more accurate then any pilot could ever drop people. Also slowing down ever so slightly helps I've discovered.

But do people know where to jump, especially completely fresh players that have never even seen such a base before? Nope.

Pilots need to call drops in all cases for best results imo.
    Find me on the Steams

Pilots or some designated experienced galdropper. Sorry for the sidetrack, by the way.

I'm more than happy to help out with Gal drops, if it means missing out on capture xp to have a Gal waiting for everyone then so be it. I'm not the greatest pilot around but hey, everyone likes being flown into a cliff don't they?!

I'm up for SL-ing, I've done a bit in the past but mostly as a beacon man and not so much as an order giver. I might need a nudge from am more experienced player once or twice, but I'm up for the challenge.
    Is it worth getting smoke or upgrading my beacon for this?

Pilots or some designated experienced galdropper. Sorry for the sidetrack, by the way.
    On that note, I find going 3rd person in a passenger seat in the gal is good for predicting when to jump
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Smoke is very useful.

I call my own drops and I propose we let gal pilots learn to drop themselves. When you feel the momentum it's much easier to judge the drop, and after a while you get rather good.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This is one of those times proximity chat can be useful. Shout into prox chat: DROP DROP DROP

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post
    Is it worth getting smoke or upgrading my beacon for this?
    Smoke, I'd say.

Hm, OOT, but perhaps we should do a follow up on that leadership seminar/ discussion Ridebird held, and do a practical demo in VR. Tentatively for this Sunday, I'll get back to you, folks.

Tentative name "Grazing, not hazing: Check out the colours, man!"
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 10-04-2013 at 02:59 PM.