Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    As I have recently taken a liking to flying galaxies I wouldn't mind performing some drops on Thursday.

Activated Node
    For dedicated communal gal pilots, could they not switch mumble channel when assigned to transport a squad, then back to an air squad channel when they are done?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, that thought struck me too, Kiwi. Could work, or go for proximity chat.

Activated Node
    Being in the channel would also help co-ordinate the pickup from a distance and give 2-way communication ("I'm landing north of B", "Come in low, there are busters to the north", etc.)

I'm up for doing SL/RO/tutoring. Any role that needs filling on the day really. I'll be on from 7/7.30pm.

Big request, but as I'm still getting used to how we split comms, would someone be willing to write down the ideal Comm Channel setups (who goes in what Mumble channel) and ideal Whisper/Shout setups (for all roles. i.e. PL has the following PTTs set up etc...)?

I might be the only one a little mixed up with them, but it'd help to have an agreed upon basic setup.

PS: I have used the Mumble thread to setup my channels, but found it still needed experimentation to understand.

I'm up for SL/RO, pref SL tomorrow. I also wouldnt mind having a lot of contact with any newbies. I enjoy teaching etc, so could be a lot of fun. I also think that although I'm one of the gobby members of our outfit I encourage people who dont necessarily speak to do so which could be of some use :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If possible I would like to SL, I've been talking with the Rock Paper Skulk(Natural Selection 2) group, with whom I have been playing in the past few weeks, and they would like to sit in a squad together mixed in with PS2 people. I dont see a problem here and I would like to lead that squad. I am familiar with their playstyle and characters and thoroughly enjoy playing with them.

I think there will be somewhere between 4 to 10 NS2 people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    To be fair, people should jump at own indiscration by looking at the map. Far more accurate then any pilot could ever drop people. Also slowing down ever so slightly helps I've discovered.
    I would disagree. A good pilot can nail a drop incredibly accurately.

Give me something like a sundy as a target and I can have everyone landing on its roof. You won't get that if people drop whenever.

(Not that you would really want to land on the roof, but you get what I mean).
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I could be dedicated gal pilot for an hour or two as well if needed. Seems pretty fun!
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I would disagree. A good pilot can nail a drop incredibly accurately.

Give me something like a sundy as a target and I can have everyone landing on its roof. You won't get that if people drop whenever.

(Not that you would really want to land on the roof, but you get what I mean).
    I get your point, and I agree but only if you either lock the vehicle or slow the galaxy. Where as locking sometimes warps people back to the warpgate and slowing down might damage the vehicle to much. I've noticed that there always is a comms delay and a exit delay that differs for people. Hence my point about dropping at own indiscretion. Although it does require a well coordinated squad. And the last few times I tried it the results were promising.

Didn't mean to derail this into a galdrop thread!

Gal Pilots could have a "shout to all" button purely for calling their drop - as I outlined in my old post - but actually just having the pilot move mumble channel to the squad once he has his orders and back to the airgroup channel after would work too, comms about target chances etc would just go to the SL/RO of the transported squad.

I'm actually going to be getting the night off on Thursday and not in till late Friday so I can play all night!

Comms delay is usually under half a second, making it work just fine if you think about that. I really don't like when people call drops for me or think that I am uncapable of dropping people. It's like 50% of the fun of flying a gal - can I make that drop and live? Did everyone hit? Take that away and you're just a transporter, requiring no skill or nothing to improve on.
    Find me on the Steams

Obscure Node
    *Takes notes and scurries back to PCG*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've just finished the beginnings of a guide post, just as Jim puts something new up.

http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/how...-call-to-arms/

Will do more work on it soon, as well as a guide for those in RO positions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Updated with video

Feedback/linkage from approriate threads appreciated.
    Last edited by CMaster; 10-04-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Do our massive organisational undertakings impress you, Astro?
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by Astro Nit View Post
    *Takes notes and scurries back to PCG*
    I will expect perfect sportmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Updated with video

Feedback/linkage from approriate threads appreciated.
    Very, very good! Good initiative and good product too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Right. Updated the top post. Please read. Please feedback.

Still time to change things, so don't be afraid to criticize.
    Looks like I can be on tomorrow, although it causes me some vague travel issues for the following day, so it should all work out. Is everyone happy with me taking charge of this?

Oh, and according to Jim, we're going to Amerish. I'm really worried about there being an alert on there and queues though.

Yeah, it would be good if Jim could communicate with us as we are sort of the people setting everything up and making it work. Tweeted at him twice regarding the alliance thing, no response.

Great post and initiative CMaster, looks good to me.
    Find me on the Steams