Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnox View Post
    BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
    that's on pc too. Found it in a bargain bin at the local mall for $5 a while back. Gotta love the PC :)
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Well, as an actual PS3 owner, i can definitely recommend Dragon's Dogma (just played the vanilla one and loved it, so it should be even better with the expansion)

Ni no kuni is a gorgeous thing you cant miss. Also, sense you're buying what i feel is the best current console, i would definitely buy the uncharted trilogy and the Infamous 1/2 (both sets can be found rather cheap, especially U1-2, with 2 being the best of the 3).

Also the LBP games and Ratchet/clank games if you're in the mood for a little more platforming.

Well, it is rather original and REALLY fast paced. It gets a little "manshootery" on parts, but is subverted by being tons of fun.

Also, if you're looking to curse at your screen and summon elder gods, try it on the higher difficulties and the challenges that will make you question the laws of the universe.

Fun.

Network Hub
    Infamous 2 and LBP2 came with PS+, and they are rather fun.
    Played three or so of the Rachet and Clank games for PS2, enjoyed them but don't know whether enough has changed to warrant a purchase of the newer ones.

Sadly, I am without PS3 for two weeks or so, due to not being at home. Played all my games a little, and MGS4/Infamous 2 a bit more.

I missed where you said you had PS+, my bad. Assuming you had an UK account, you have a far better deal than the US version of the PS+.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    getting the ps2 versions is a better investment imo, they run at 1080p/60fps on PCSX2. Ditto for Zone of the Enders 2, in fact it runs better on the PC than the hd remake. Which I find hilarious.
    The hd collection of the metal gear games is more plausible since PCSX2 has some missing effects, plus you need pressure sensitive buttons on your gamepad to play 2 and 3 properly.
    I know this is old but FIW Eurogamer found the PS3 version was better. They cleaned up texture etc on the PS3 version and it generally looks better because of the added detail. Plus it is 1080p.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Make sure you get Wipeout HD and the DLC, Fury.
    This. You can get them both on one disc cheaper than they are available for download. It is brilliant fun, and the soundtrack is excellent.

Fair warning: Wipeout HD/Fury have the worst rubber-banding I have ever seen in a racing game. If you like to master each track/event before proceeding, this is ruinous.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    The Gran Turismo series is the only thing I would consider buying a PS3 for. It's a very, very good racing game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Fair warning: Wipeout HD/Fury have the worst rubber-banding I have ever seen in a racing game. If you like to master each track/event before proceeding, this is ruinous.
    Wipeout is all about Time Trial and multiplayer anyway.

Oh, and Zone! The Zone maps are gorgeous.
    Last edited by sabrage; 23-04-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Drinking with Skeletons's Avatar
    Infamous and Infamous 2 are both very fun and together make a cohesive, surprisingly good story. The gameplay is a lot of fun, although I suggest going Heroic rather than Infamous; the story is a bit more satisfying and the powers are better (homing missiles > cluster grenades, high jump > horizontal dash, etc.).

If you haven't played them already, I recommend the following collections: Sly Cooper, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus/ICO, Devil May Cry, Splinter Cell. Assuming they don't fuck it up, the upcoming Final Fantasy X and X-2 (I actually like the sequel more) should be a good addition. Oh, and everyone should be obligated to play Okami HD just so you can realize how badly Zelda has stagnated since Ocarina of Time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Demon's Souls and ICO/Shadow HD collection are going on PS+ in June in the EU.

Network Hub
    Yeah, saw that ~6 hours after buying Demon's Souls. Oh tenner, I miss you so.

In other news, really enjoying my PS3, and Dragons Dogma is probably my GOTY so far.

Let's do some necromancy.

So, my girlfriend got me a PS3 for christmas. I already have a decently sized list of games I want to get for it, but there's one thing I don't have properly covered. That would be games to play with her, so, what are your recommendations for two player local multiplayer games on PS3?
    A good example would be, we really enjoy playing RE5 or L4D2 like this.

@Gorzan: EDF Insect Armageddon, Burn Zombie Burn, and maybe Lost Planet 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Let's do some necromancy.

So, my girlfriend got me a PS3 for christmas. I already have a decently sized list of games I want to get for it, but there's one thing I don't have properly covered. That would be games to play with her, so, what are your recommendations for two player local multiplayer games on PS3?
    A good example would be, we really enjoy playing RE5 or L4D2 like this.
    The PS3 version of Diablo 3 is meant to be an absolute joy to play local co-op.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Dynasty Warriors? Might be an acquired taste but I used to play tons of Dynasty Warriors 3 on the PS2 with my brother. Picked up the latest installment recently and I still love it, though haven't played any co-op. It's just an incredibly silly action game that never fails to amuse me and is full of unlocks and secrets.

Let's see.

EDF Insect Armageddon: Might be a bit of a hard sell, but I wanted to play it anyway, so I don't lose nothing by piking up the console version just in case.
    Burn zombie bur: I think Dead Nation looks better as a twin stick zombie shooter.
    Lost Planet 2: I got bored to death at the thirty minute mark when playing Lost Planet, is it very different or does it get much better when played coop?
    Diablo 3: It's a bit too expensive right now, but if I see it second hend I'll consider, she'll probably like it.
    Dinasty warriors: I doubt she'd enjoy this at all, I consider buying it for me, though Bladestorm is more appealing to me.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Network Hub
    Dead Nation is utter shite.

Try Guitar Hero/Rock Band, Little Big Planet, Borderlands, Portal 2 (if you are very secure in your relationship), Rainbow 6 Vegas 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Gorzan, Lost Planet 2 is a lot of fun in co-op it's basically just you fighting huge monsters in mech suits. It's not an award winner by any means, but it's reasonable fun and if you can find it very cheap, check it out. I wouldn't play it alone though.
    steam: sketch