Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcooper View Post
    Dead Nation is utter shite.
    Lots of people seem to disagree with you. The demo is downloaded, though, so I'll see what we think today.
    As for the games:
    Guitar Hero and the like: I hate these, hate them with all of my being.
    Little big planet: I'm getting this for myself, it doesn't appeal her very much, though, maybe after seeing it in action it'll do.
    Blands: I played through the original twice all by myself on the pc, but if I see it for cheap I'll get it just in case she likes it, it'd be nice to actually experience it the way it's meant to be played.
    Portal 2: My laptop can run this smoothly, so, the day we feel like playing it we'll plug the computer to the tv and give it a go, like we do with L4D2
    Rainbow Six: Don't think she'll enjoy this one very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Gorzan, Lost Planet 2 is a lot of fun in co-op it's basically just you fighting huge monsters in mech suits. It's not an award winner by any means, but it's reasonable fun and if you can find it very cheap, check it out. I wouldn't play it alone though.
    Ok, I'll keep an eye out for a cheap copy, then.

Thanks again, buds.

Activated Node
    Ibb and Obb is a 2 player only platforming game. I haven't picked it up yet but the trailers look good. Apparently it gets quite hard later on and there will be a distinct lack of zombies to kill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Blands: I played through the original twice all by myself on the pc, but if I see it for cheap I'll get it just in case she likes it, it'd be
    Do you live in Europe or the US?

If you live in Europe and you have a PS+ subscription you'll get a copy of Blands 2 for free this month (and also DMC:Devil May Cry). If you don't have a subscription, you should really get one as at less than €5 a month it's amazing value for money.

If you live in the US your games will be Bioshock Infinte, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and DMC:Devil May Cry on PS+ , none of which are co-op.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Ibb and Obb looks interesting, if maybe a bit pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    If you live in Europe and you have a PS+ subscription you'll get a copy of Blands 2 for free this month (and also DMC:Devil May Cry). If you don't have a subscription, you should really get one as at less than €5 a month it's amazing value for money.
    I'm on Europe, the thing is my system has a 12 gb hard drive, so I don't feel like I could get the most out of the subscription.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've never, ever heard anyone say Dead Nation is shit. This is definitely the first time lol. Fantastic game, with 2 player local co-op. The best top down zombie shooter.

You can try selecting games out of this list if you like, if you haven't already considered them, I can try to recommend more later:

Last of Us, The.......................a really great SP experience, can be purchased with a bundle of TLOU + PS3 250 GB + Pulse Headset ($150 regular price) for $250 all together, I assume a similarly good deal in UK/EU
    Uncharted 1/2/3.....................1 and 2 are my favourite ones
    Grand Theft Auto V.................it's GTA, most impressive game tech wise on consoles probably, even beats out TLOU probably
    Super Stardust HD..................Housemarque made this game along with Dead Nation, 3D support
    Dead Nation..........................great 2 player couch co-op game
    Gran Turismo 5/6....................6 has been on sale in many places for 33% off for Boxing Day and holiday sales
    Twisted Metal (2012)..............a much ignored game, though definitely takes the crown for best car combat game ever imo
    God of War 3/Ascension..........3 was pretty good, have ascension but haven't played it yet
    Puppeteer.............................have it, but haven't played it yet
    Killzone 2/3/HD.......................2 is my favourite one on PS3, HD is a great recreation of the original you can buy on PSN for $15 regular, probably cheaper during sales
    Red Dead Redemption..............it's GTA on horses, but it's very fun, and the characters and story are more enjoyable than GTAV for sure
    Resistance Fall of Man/2/3........1 and 3 are my favourites, 1 is probably the best, though it might "look old" it's an amazing game, couch co-op in 1 and 3 for SP, 2 for select missions couch co-op
    Rayman Origins/Legends...........pretty good, I'm not a big advocate though, they look great though
    Demon's Souls/Dark Souls.........Demon's Souls is great, Dark Souls get on PC if you have a good enough rig to run 720p60 or higher, the console versions have performance problems, so does the PC version but much, much less frequently
    LA Noire................................also on PC
    Warhawk................................not sure if anyone plays it anymore, online-only game, but it's much better than it's successor, Starhawk imo
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
    Street Fighter IV series.............also on PC
    Yakuza 3/4..............................if you like beat-em ups with RPG aspects, this is your series
    Devil May Cry 4.......................also on PC
    Resident Evil 5/Revelations.........both also on PC.... also NOT RE6 :/

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection...must have for any MGS fan, though is not the definitive version, missing many features that the PS2 ones had, though it's still a complete game with tons to do
    Sly Cooper HD Collection...........excellent set of platformers, still playing the 1st one (stuck on a hard boss)
    Jak & Daxter HD Collection.........1 is my favourite, 2 and 3 are a mix of genius and epic frustration, but still quality games
    God of War HD Collection..........fun games if you want to destroy everything and express your anger at greek gods
    ICO & SOTC HD Collection.........just buy it and enjoy, I can take Agro (the horse) and just ride endlessly in this game, so good

Unfinished Swan......................overlooked under the popularity of Journey, I liked this one better actually
    Journey................................from makers of Flower/Flow, very artsy and interesting game
    Flow/Flower
    Wipeout HD.............................if you can become good at this game, you have some real skills
    Dead Nation............................superb couch co-op game, much better than competing PC top down zombie shooters
    Super Stardust HD...................from Dead Nation makers, I think even has 3D 1080p60

Other games to consider, that you can also get elsewhere........... Hotline Miami, Spelunky, Guacamalee, Retro City Rampage, Walking Dead (Telltale...... the 2nd season is $15 on PSN right now), Spec Ops The Line, Binary Domain, Machinarium, Scott Pilgrim, Vanquish, Bayonetta, King of Fighters XIII, Sleeping Dogs, XCOM Enemy Unknown, and others

(fun fact, I got all of these games in that last paragraph except I think 2 on PS Plus)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Ibb and Obb looks interesting, if maybe a bit pricey.

I'm on Europe, the thing is my system has a 12 gb hard drive, so I don't feel like I could get the most out of the subscription.
    If you can return that box, I would recommend picking up the 250 GB PS3 + TLOU + PS Plus Headset, much better value. Otherwise you can add a hard drive into your PS3 in the future (it takes any generic HDD, as long as it fits).

Edit - PS Plus headset = PS Pulse headset... woops. There is not a thing called Plus headset lol.
    Last edited by rockman29; 28-12-2013 at 05:10 PM.

You're allowed upgrade the HDD in a ps3, it wont void the warrenty (see here)

I'd recommend it as PS+ is probably the best value in owning a playstation 3 in the first place.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah this was just the EU PS Plus games this year (NAs is different)

steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    If you can return that box, I would recommend picking up the 250 GB PS3 + TLOU + PS Plus Headset, much better value. Otherwise you can add a hard drive into your PS3 in the future (it takes any generic HDD, as long as it fits).
    I can't afford the extra price, and even if I could I wouldn't want to return the system, it being a gift.
    As far as adding the HDD, it's good to know it doesn't void the warranty, I wonder if it works with the Game store warranty too, mainly because I'm a lazy fuck and would rather take the system there than do the whole calling IT and mailing it thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Yeah this was just the EU PS Plus games this year (NAs is different)

A great image
    And something not made clear in that, is that cross buy games end up on both Vita and PS3 even if Sony have only listed them as available on one device for PS+

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah definitely, got a few games that way.

Looking at that image now I think it's easily as good value as Steam sales. I believe Bioshock: Infinite is coming on in January too. Maybe it's just NA for the moment.
    steam: sketch

Lesser Hivemind Node Drinking with Skeletons's Avatar
    Little Big Planet might be good, but that depends on your tolerance for crappy platform controls. Rayman Origins/Legends is a better platformer. Dragon's Crown is a blast, though some people are really sensitive about the art style. The Lego Games are quite good if you pick one that both you and your GF like. Lego Lord of the Rings, for example, is probably the best LotR game available (and there is a surprisingly high good-to-bad ratio for that franchise).

EDIT: I believe ICO is co-op if playing the HD version. Also, on the PSN, Legend of Mana might be a good one. It's more of a single-player thing, but a second player can control the NPC followers.
    Last edited by Drinking with Skeletons; 29-12-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinking with Skeletons View Post
    EDIT: I believe ICO is co-op if playing the HD version
    I had no idea about this! You need to complete the game first, but this is clearly the only way to play Ico. Beautiful game.

Network Hub
    I misread the thread title as "building a PS3, suggestions!" and thought 'now there's an enterprising chap...'