Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    EDIT: How long of a game will we run? I mean, how many turns? I just recently discovered you can change this in the .ini files....
    I'm not sure I follow? The game will run until a victory condition is met.

Well, there's always a max set of turns in a game. Am I not right? I mean, if no one reaches the victory condition in a set number of turns the game ends. Or can you turn off that?

400 turns I think, but frankly if somebody hasn't won after 400 turns I'd be disgusted ¬_¬

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm kind of tempted, but never played AC before. Would it be foolish for a complete noob to join in or is it pretty straightforward (keeping in mind that I'm a bit shit at 4x games)?

I can pick up a copy from GoG and take whatever side is left if no one else is interested, but if there is anyone who is desperate to join in they can take my place.

Oooh haven't played this in years, I'll definitely join. I'm probably rusty, but I know the game fairly well.
    I'll take Morgan Industries.
    Had some difficulty installing the game on win 7 though, since the setup.exe did nothing. But I found a solution here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=86200.0

Obscure Node
    I'll take the Spartans if they're still free, I just need to remember where I put the game box...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If there's still a slot open, I'll be Miriam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I'm still up for this, and don't mind what faction - I'll take whoever is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    First post updated with all seven commitments. I need all seven members to confirm their commitments before the end of the week. Gaia should then open the game and pass it on to the next faction in the game (who will send their email address on to Gaia for such purposes). I want the first turns of the game over asap, before we discuss who gets what day.

I still need someone in a DM role outside of those seven, (all you'll be doing is keeping the passwords safe and possibly running a game thread). If push comes to shove I'll take on the role.

Cooper and Vandelay: If you don't choose a faction I'll just assign you at random. :D

Zyrden, kingbiscuit and Giaddon: Keep your eyes open, someone might drop out. You can also contact the committed members on partnering up with one them; two heads being better than one and all that.
    Last edited by IDtenT; 15-08-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Consider this my confirmation! :D

Is it a rule or just a setting, to be able to see the combat odds before every combat phase? I can't remember....

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    Is it a rule or just a setting, to be able to see the combat odds before every combat phase? I can't remember....
    It's a setting, but there might be a rule that disables it, but it is enabled in standard rules.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks very much IDtenT. Guess I better grab a copy!

I'll have a glance over the manual to see what side I'll like from the ones left and give you an answer tomorrow.

Obscure Node
    Yeah, I'm in as Lal if no one else has a special attachment.

Any info required?

Ah, didn't notice all slots were taken, since there were unclaimed factions. My bad.
    The tip about Directdraw is great though: Playing in full rez? Hell yeah!
    Never heard about Alien crossfire. Some kind of expansion? Is it good?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by oatish View Post
    Any info required?
    Your faction details, if you want any changed. Like your name, gender, etc.

<del>So that ConcreteOtter can start setting up the game.</del>

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrden View Post
    Ah, didn't notice all slots were taken, since there were unclaimed factions. My bad.
    Contact the person who will be playing Morgan and then try and team up with him. :)

Alien Crossfire gives a whole new set of 7 factions, including 2 alien ones.
    Last edited by IDtenT; 16-08-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wow. How did I miss this! :(

Can somebody sort out a nice writeup/diary/blog somewhere? (Preferably a blog with an rss feed.) .... would be great to follow how this goes. And count me in if you play a second game :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hey, I started a new thread for the extra people who are interested in getting a game going. It's here.

Activated Node
    I guess I'll comfirm my partaking in this game.... I'm in for it now.
    saos.posterous.com for knowledge

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Okay, looks like only Morgan and Miriam are left. I think I'll go with Miriam.

Network Hub
    Okay guys, we're almost set to go. Cooper if you have grievances with the Spartans, just say so. I need everyone to chime in with what their faction will be called.

Edit: Ah, I see I can host the game and pass it on without having to play the first turn. So I need you all to send my your relevant faction information (gender, faction name, leader name, etc), basically everything you can edit - if you want it edited.

Are we good with standard rules? What about difficulty setting? Random planet?
    Last edited by IDtenT; 16-08-2011 at 10:31 PM.