Network Hub

[VS] Sunday, May 19 1900BST: GinSoakedBoy Teaches Communications!

On May 19th GinSoakedBoy will be leading a training session consisting of:

• Explanation of the Roles in Mumble. What's expected, why they exist, problems they may have. - 10 minutes
    • How to set up bindings for the Advanced (SL/RO/PL/SG) roles. Please refer to the stickied guide. - 10 minutes
    • Goal-oriented Attack/Defense that will make extensive use of Comms. This should look and act like TACGIR comms discipline. - 30 minutes+

The goal of this event is to familiarize new players with the communication system we employ, why it's useful, and then use it in a live-fire situation. The trainees will be split into at least two squads, each employing an SL and an RO. Platoon Leader will be shared with GinSoakedBoy so that he can hear what communication is going up and down the line. PL doesn't have to be a strategic genius and just has to direct players to targets and receive updates from ROs. Players should rotate roles and are encouraged to leave their comfort zones. No one will be expected to perform flawlessly. This is training and should be low stress.

As outlined above, the whole session will require at least an hour of your time. Ideally it will go longer and have players volunteer for and switch roles on a regular basis.

This thread will be for feedback and discussion AFTER the event. I'm hoping to get it stickied to the front page until the 19th. Please do not post here with suggestions or RSVPs. I will edit here if anything needs to be changed before then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Note: Events can be uploaded to the outfit website. Select "Events > Submit an event"

I'm working on a system to automatically update a post on these forums with events in that calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    Also this needs a [Vanu Outfit] tag.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    If I can make it, ill try and pop along to help out however I can. Itl be good to get a catch up on the new setup too.

Just to confirm, this didn't seem to go ahead...?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    You are correct, this did not happen. There was usual play and chatter, but no tutorial. The lead may well reschedule.

Network Hub
    I've pinged GinSoaked to see what's going on and if/when he can reschedule. Anyone know where he's at? This looks like something we might need soon, given Cooper's Plan B post.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hasn't been on for a while, I think. Another of the more "organised" people who grew tired of the inertia of the RPS organisation, I should think. He was very active for a good while there. I've got him on Steam, I can ping him for you, if you want.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Hasn't been on for a while, I think. Another of the more "organised" people who grew tired of the inertia of the RPS organisation, I should think. He was very active for a good while there. I've got him on Steam, I can ping him for you, if you want.
    Yea message him if you would. It would be nice to have him at the upcoming meeting, I think.

Apologies, I've been AWOL for 2-3 week. With the combination of burning out on PS2 and the stress of my ongoing Visa application for America I took a bit of a hiatus. I could still run a training, but I'd rather not make any promises I can't keep.

Network Hub
    Alright thanks for getting back to us! We'll set your session aside for now. We now officially need another trainer for the session described above. With all the talk of us lacking comms discipline and tactical play I'm sure we'll have no shortage of volunteers willing to do what needs to be done. Step up and claim the mantle of Teacher! I'll make a new post for you and we'll get a time and date sorted out.