Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Technical issues aside, the problem is, the training session is 1H long, where people keeps moving from point to point. It's interesting to get the feeling on how to move from base to base, but I guarantee you no one will enjoy watching that. The guy recording would have to be very careful not to move in crazy ways (to avoid nausea by the viewer), and anyway, the amount of information will be too little to keep interest of the viewer.

A 10 min video is already very long by youtube/tutorial standard. If you could edit and only see the main points in 10 min, that would be better, but you lose the information on "how to get from A to B" (and anyway, in that case, you can do your own video by yourself, since you're gonna edit it)
    Last edited by Ksempac; 05-05-2013 at 10:05 AM.

I think you underestimate the amount of free time some people have :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sure there are plenty of good guides to be found on the internet already. If we were to record a training session it seems like it would just be for personal, outfit use, and would probably be of little to no interest to almost everyone. Still like the idea, just wouldn't try to make it do what other guides doubtless already do better.

Network Hub
    For a general tour, it would be a good idea to review http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/PlanetSide_2_Wiki The capture mechanics are out of date, but the physical layouts and strategies are pretty much the same. It has YouTube videos embedded to demonstrate as well.

Yeah, I regularly use the PS2 wiki for info about things, but a not sure how current some of it is. For example, I've seen mentions of data being current as of GU3... and we're now on GU8.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Details do tend to change rather a lot between game updates, and details do matter rather a lot at times.

Bumping this for LtArtorious that I contacted ingame. He is ok for holding a Gal training session. I will let him give the details

I Would be more than happy to help out with that if thats ok!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hey, man! So you haven't been around the forums at all before? That's why nobody could recall your forum name... Welcome!

Oh, and, what's the text for your Boromir meme? Can't read it.

Also, I raise you one, slightly topical for this forum:

So when is the training session?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Artorious View Post
    So when is the training session?
    Just hit you with a PM. Let's do this!

Network Hub
    We're officially looking for some new Trainers willing to donate between one and two hours of their time to the Cause! If you have any expertise and are willing to share it, please post here and let us know what you're willing to share. I'm trying to get new teachers before I hit up the old ones again. If you've ever lead a platoon or a special squad (TacGir, tanks, air, lancer, whatever) then YOU ARE QUALIFIED! Don't be shy.