Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Nope, and it sucks. Choosing starting positions is crap, and removes half the fun/challenge. I'm also finding that all the galaxies so far (I'm in 5) have significant amount of choke points, whereas NP1 maps tended to be more freeform and give more possibilities.

Network Hub
    Btw, I started a quartertothree turn based game at the same time as the RPS one, the QT3 one has progressed 50% further due to being turn based (it's at tick 84, RPS is at tick 53, each tick represents an hour).

Activated Node
    Starting positions in NP1 weren't completely random. Second player always started next to the first; third player next to one of them, and so on. Last one was guaranteed to start at the edge.

Choke points might have something to do with the distance settings. The map seems like typical NP1 map to me - homeworlds on a triangular grid, etc.

Network Hub
    It spiralled out, and while the relative positions were predictable - the absolutes weren't!

I'm actually playing a couple of NP1 games (I still have credits from 3 years ago too) and the random maps are more... random displacement, with less tails/legs/chokes (one of my Triton games looks like a slightly bent cock and two balls).

Network Hub
    I've opened up a Quad speed large galaxy with sparse resources, if anyone is interested - called 'Come play'

Network Hub
    Already full... This game is pretty popular it seems.

Network Hub
    If people are interested in another game to start now/soon, could they reply and state whether they have a preference for real time or turn based?

I'll give turn based a go.

Network Hub
    I'd be up for turn based.

Obscure Node
    I'd love to play a game with RPSers. (Long time reader.)
    I don't really care if turn-based or not - I would just really like to play a game of Neptunes Pride with people who really care. (Joined a game after I read here that the sequel was out, and 1/3 to 1/2 of players are already afk after less than a week.)

Obscure Node
    Hey-ho
    Seems I haven't used the forums in so long that I've had to reregister ^^

Anyhow, I'd love a turnbased game please Vicious.

P.s. Choke-points sound all fine and well. It's good to have naturally strategic points.

Network Hub
    Ok, that's 4 out of 7.

3 more and I'll create a game!

Count me in please. I've been wanting another game of Blight of the Immortals for over a year now and . . . . well this is similar right? I'm prepared!

The game makes me feel so bad, and I'm loving it.

In case anyone's wondering how it's going:

Network Hub
    I hope someone's keeping notes and is going to write up an AAR!

For anyone interested: Purple, Pink and Cyan attacked Blue. After some time of fairly ineffectual fighting, Cyan switched sides to Blue and is now fighting Pink and Purple (Colours unite!).

Orange and Red have been fighting since nearly the beginning, Orange seems to be reaching end game though and has amassed significant infrastructure during the war. Lastly, Yellow and Green are at war - mostly because Yellow physically cannot reach any other Empire :)
    Last edited by Vicious; 23-04-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    For anyone interested: Purple, Pink and Cyan attacked Blue. After some time of fairly ineffectual fighting, Cyan switched sides to Blue and is now fighting Pink and Purple (Colours unite!).
    You've been widely misinformed on the last one

Network Hub
    Politics, ain't it great?

Network Hub

Network Hub
    Also, I've just started a double speed (open) custom galaxy called Come Play Part Deux.