Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    You might want to check out the "Read our finest words" bit right above the search function. That seems to be pretty much what you ask for?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    ...and it said that for this particular game the plus points of the experience outweighed the negative points of the mechanics.
    It seems to me though that a lot of the indie games follow this trend while AAA games get the opposite treatment - any flaws outweigh the positives. It's almost like they're afraid not to recommend an indie game at times - the one with the most conviction which sticks out in my mind was A Valley Without Wind.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't care if a game is indie or not. I am interested if a game is fun or original.

Since AAA games need a fat inversion, the people that put the money don't want to risk that money on something new. So most AAA games are recycled games, re-skined versions of games we have already played. But Indie games have no this problem.

There are a lot of bad indie games, and a lot of bad aaa games, and there are gems, both aaa and indie. So reporting the good games that exist out here means mixing AAA and indie games. Has for people that don't report about indie games, Whats wrong with them? why you will not report about a great game only because has not a 20 million dollars marketing budget?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, it's like suggesting the number of pages in a book, or the quality of the paper it's written on changes things.

Banned
    RPS does a good job of keeping on top of the news, fighting for gamers rights against the evil corporations and digging up news on new games.

They do feature some splendid conversations with devs too, like the chats about FPS games recently and such.

I mean, do people really want more coverage on Call Of Duty and FiFa around here?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    I'm getting bored of all these threads whining about RPS. Can we get back to important topics instead, like the definition of RPGs and whether modern shooters are more brown or grey?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    Yes, it's like suggesting the number of pages in a book, or the quality of the paper it's written on changes things.
    A book written in basic own brand toilet paper in tiny print on 10 pages.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    Except that's not what I was suggesting at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    I'm getting bored of all these threads whining about RPS. Can we get back to important topics instead, like the definition of RPGs and whether modern shooters are more brown or grey?
    No, because Wizardry is dead.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    No, because Wizardry is dead.

What did you do
    ​.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    I know people that would buy a shoe shopping simulator. But let's not talk about them.
    I dunno about a shoe shopping simulator but if someone made a shoe salesman simulator I'd be all over it. I'm thinking something like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney only Al Bundy: Super Shoesalesman

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post

What did you do
    ​.
    That's the summoning rite.

Run for the hills...
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    What did you do​.
    This is not a question. You already know.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by xspork View Post
    like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney only Al Bundy: Super Shoesalesman
    Would pre-order today!

Network Hub
    Whatever happened to Dave Tosser?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    I read this site in part because it gives me pretty much the whole spectrum of PC games. You can read about COD but also Space Phallus. I usually skip articles about AAA games because they're the same formula. I'm slightly annoyed that RPS doesn't review roguelike games.
    pass

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjlr View Post
    Whatever happened to Dave Tosser?
    He signed himself into an exclusivity deal, he only writes for himself in a diary, but the targetted adverts are great and he had 100% coverage of his target demographic.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    An alternative: -

http://www.pcgamesn.com/
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    After all the stuff about that Dead Island horrendous marketing bust, they still reviewed the game. Tad disappointed by that.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    After all the stuff about that Dead Island horrendous marketing bust, they still reviewed the game. Tad disappointed by that.
    Same! But then, they were never calling for a boycott so...

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Maybe they are able to differentiate between those who write the games and those who promote them.